**Shure SE425 Review**
Nov 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #46 of 84
I dont know if there are graphs, if they turn green, they turn green but it does not affect sound.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #47 of 84
Quote:
I heard SE535LTD is only available in Asia.
Is there any significant different in term of sound stage and instrument/vocal separation between SE535 and SE535LTD?
And which one has a deeper extension bass?

Looks like they are now selling in the US as well (http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones)

I only heard the standard SE535 for a limited time, so I can't give you a steer on bass extension or sound stage.  To me the instrument separation and imagery is pretty good overall - but the biggest difference is the treble extension.  It just has a much better top-end than the standard 535.  That alone was the reason I bought them.  Haven't regretted it.

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #48 of 84
Quote:

Looks like they are now selling in the US as well (http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones)

I only heard the standard SE535 for a limited time, so I can't give you a steer on bass extension or sound stage.  To me the instrument separation and imagery is pretty good overall - but the biggest difference is the treble extension.  It just has a much better top-end than the standard 535.  That alone was the reason I bought them.  Haven't regretted it.

Is it true that SE535/SE535LTD is less bassy comparing to SE215?

By the way do you have experince with Westone 4R?

Some said Westone 4R is outperformed Shure SE535 in term of bass, sound stage & instrument/vocal separation. Please comment.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #49 of 84
Is it true that SE535/SE535LTD is less bassy comparing to SE215?

By the way do you have experince with Westone 4R?

Some said Westone 4R is outperformed Shure SE535 in term of bass, sound stage & instrument/vocal separation. Please comment.

SE215 has more quantity. SE535 has more quality.

I haven't heard the W4 - but then most W4 owners have never heard the SE535 ltd ed either. Just remember to take all opinions with a grain of salt (including mine). The only way to really know is to try both.

Nov 28, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #50 of 84
Shure Hong Kong are lending me a SE215 Blue to review. Still no SE535 Red though :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #52 of 84
Sorry to dig out an old thread !
I was thinking about upgrading the cable for my 425s.
Would a Baldur Mkii be a good choice?
Does it improve it's sound as much as it does with the 535s?

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #53 of 84
Never heard baldur cable, what are you looking for in terms of upgrade?

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #54 of 84
Well I heard that they make the highs and also the mids better while attached to the 535s bit I didn't find anything about them attached to any 425s .
I'm looking for an overall sound upgrade if possible, but maybe just a wider soundstage would be ok too :)

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #55 of 84
Maybe just get the 6N silver plated copper, or contact frank from toxic cable, by far my favorite cable to work with and it sounds excellent too, not sure about it with the 425 but I guess it would sound good and last longer

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #56 of 84
Yes definately the most neutral, compared to the SE535, the 535 is warmer with wider soundstage, the 425 was still my favourite as it had the most neutral with great presentation of all frequencies, the highs could have done with a little boost (upgrade cables help here)

What kind of cable upgrade are you talking about? What do you recommend.

May 3, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #57 of 84
I've had my set for a little while now. As always the better the source used these perform to a great level. Not quite reference level however these have a distinctly wide soundstage and good separation with the use of dual drivers. I'm not sure any earphones can be regarded as flat though, however the likes of Sennheiser IE80, AKG K3003 Shure SE846 and Grado GR10e sure set a high benchmark to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back