shure se215ltd - discontinued?
May 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

reuel

New Head-Fier
i can't seem to find these online. i even went to b&h in nyc, and they said the 1 they had was a mistake and there was no more stock anywhere. anyone know the official word? according to the shure website, they're still available but i can't find them even in the official online shop. 
blink.gif

May 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 35
May 31, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 35
Quote:
is this site reputable? i see mixed reviews on headfi, and they're not a shure authorized dealer. do you have any personal experience from them? thanks!

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AccessoryJack

http://www.head-fi.org/t/584835/is-accessoryjack-com-a-legit-site  (post #2 by CleiOS explains them)

You can contact them directly (email, they are located in Japan) and answer your questions better. I can see some reservation as its a Japanese based company and probably not authorized. But they are legit and will send you the product brand new.

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #8 of 35
I'm curious about this as well.  I would prefer to purchase them from Amazon rather than Japan.  Is Amazon just out of stock for the moment and that is why the price is so high?  Or did Shure discontinue them?

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #9 of 35
The Blue Limited Edition was a... "Limited Edition" run :)

I am trying to see if Shure would put out another batch out for us as this was our best seller for the time it was available. They said they would check. But as of now, the product is no longer available.

If we get them we will send an email to all subscribers.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #12 of 35
The blue 'limited edition' really isn't much of a limited edition at all, at least not in quantity. They are known as 'special edition' in Asia and available alongside with the regular SE215. In fact, I believe Shure China just launched it a few weeks ago.

Jun 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #13 of 35
They are very hard to get here in the UK, that ebay link is basically the only place I have found them so far. They offer a greater bass response and some say slightly better clarity.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:
The Blue Limited Edition was a... "Limited Edition" run :)

I am trying to see if Shure would put out another batch out for us as this was our best seller for the time it was available. They said they would check. But as of now, the product is no longer available.

If we get them we will send an email to all subscribers.

Any idea when we will know?  I have been debating for the last week or so about what IEM to purchase.  Now that I finally made up my mind, I find out they are no longer making them haha.  Please keep us updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back