Shure SE215 vs Klipsch x10
Mar 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

yhmaster

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, right now I have a little over $100 to spend on new IEM's. I've looked around online and narrowed down my choice to between the Shure SE215 and Klipsch x10. I'm stuck between these two and they cost about the same, $89 for the x10 vs. $99 for the SE215. I tend to listen mostly to electronic, hip-hop/R&B, and rock. Which one of these IEM's do you think is going to be better?

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 11
Genres are helpful, but stating sound preferences would be even more so. Comfort, isolation, build, as factors would be immensely helpful as well. 

SE215 - Mid-bass bump, vocals are laid-back in comparison but strangely still smooth, lush, and thick, very pleasing. Treble has some slight bumps, then rolls off. Stage size is pretty much two blobs. Good build (people used to have problems with the cable connector but haven't heard too much on that lately so guess it's been remedied), ergonomics plus Shure Olive tips = great isolation. 

X10 - Bass and lower-mids emphasis, very warm and smooth, powerful sound, treble is smooth and doesn't roll-off as fast. Good separation despite the overall warmth of the sound, stage size and presentation is similar, maybe a bit less tall and more filled-out. People have complained about the build (thin housing, cables), but if you take good care of it can't see why it won't last for a reasonable amount of time, gel tips and deep insertion make for great comfort and isolation. Mic/remote is also a plus.

Also - http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-274-iems-compared-hifiman-re-400-added-03-14-13-p-650#post_6492044
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 11
Well with the genres I listen to bass is highly important, but not to the point where its exaggerated like with the beat tours. For isolation, I'm probably looking for something in the middle of none to almost complete isolation. With comfort, I don't really use headphones all day, just for travel and killing time so something that will stay in my ear without popping out or pain will do. Build quality is something that I'm concerned with the x10's, especially the cables. Having detachable cables like the Shure's is convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back