Shure se215 or Hifiman re-400?
Mar 13, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #31 of 38
  Well how stupid would the designer/engineer have to be to size the cable wrong? Really?  It isn't anger your sensing, its incredulity.  You want to be a fashionista, then by all means have at it.  You want to make up performance benefits to make yourself feel better, that is fine as well.  Either way, it's just make believe.

SB

What does the "sizing" has anything to do with a cable?  Its a wire material, partitioning of ground and channels, individual shielding, connectors, soldering, etc.  Then, if you want to talk about designer/engineer, look into UE900 appreciation thread to read about a ton of complains about those $400 flagship IEMs.  And, "fashionista"?!?  I understand when my 9 year old uses that word playing with her girlfriend, but from someone who just joint premium audiophile community to start with a fresh trolling?  Maybe that explains why I only see 2 of your posts here in this forum; did admins removed the rest of it already?  You really going to make a lot of friends in here, buddy.

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #33 of 38

What does the "sizing" has anything to do with a cable?  Its a wire material, partitioning of ground and channels, individual shielding, connectors, soldering, etc.  Then, if you want to talk about designer/engineer, look into UE900 appreciation thread to read about a ton of complains about those $400 flagship IEMs.  And, "fashionista"?!?  I understand when my 9 year old uses that word playing with her girlfriend, but from someone who just joint premium audiophile community to start with a fresh trolling?  Maybe that explains why I only see 2 of your posts here in this forum; did admins removed the rest of it already?  You really going to make a lot of friends in here, buddy.

Hmmmmmm........You don't think an Audio Engineer knows how to properly specify a cable???  

SB

You really going to make a lot of friends in here, buddy.

This is a great site but didn't come here for 'friends' and so far your logic would lead one to believe that if the HP has a detachable cable then it should be replaced because it is inadequate.  Maybe the UE cable is junk maybe not but I bet the people making cables don't care, just replace it because you can.

So why did you change the cable on the W40??  Be honest.

SB

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #34 of 38
Well how stupid would the designer/engineer have to be to size the cable wrong? Really?  It isn't anger your sensing, its incredulity.  You want to be a fashionista, then by all means have at it.  You want to make up performance benefits to make yourself feel better, that is fine as well.  Either way, it's just make believe.

SB

Look man, you're prolly pissed about something, whatever it is that's your issue. I'm not marketing or whatever, I'm talking from first-hand experience what the FiiO cable did for my SE215. Now, you can talk all that stuff you want, tough guy talk, know-it-all talk, I'm not even gon' front like I am an expert in that stuff, but I'ma tell like it is, the cable did improve the audio quality of my SE215. All that big talk from you won't change the fact that I experienced it and so did my audiophile buddies here. I need no scientific proof, cuz I ain't tryna prove something scientific.. . And I'm no dummy that can't tell sounds apart especially when there is an obvious difference.. .

But maybe you're right. The way you talkin, I guess you the man 'round here.. . So, sure, you're right. :) My ears and every other ear that experienced the difference made by different after-market cables are stupid and you are the king of all audiophile.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #35 of 38
Look man, you're prolly pissed about something, whatever it is that's your issue. I'm not marketing or whatever, I'm talking from first-hand experience what the FiiO cable did for my SE215. Now, you can talk all that stuff you want, tough guy talk, know-it-all talk, I'm not even gon' front like I am an expert in that stuff, but I'ma tell like it is, the cable did improve the audio quality of my SE215. All that big talk from you won't change the fact that I experienced it and so did my audiophile buddies here. I need no scientific proof, cuz I ain't tryna prove something scientific.. . And I'm no dummy that can't tell sounds apart especially when there is an obvious difference.. .

But maybe you're right. The way you talkin, I guess you the man 'round here.. . So, sure, you're right. :) My ears and every other ear that experienced the difference made by different after-market cables are stupid and you are the king of all audiophile.

These claims fall flat on their faces every time they are subjected to a double blind.  Another example, there are no such thing as ghosts.......unless you believe in ghosts......then they are everywhere.  Human brain has no problem distorting reality or memory if given an incentive.  BTW, creating a herd opinion to validate is even less reliable.

They are well built cables, ugly is just an opinion, but they don't do anything for the sound unless you want them to.

If you want to buy something that really works try some pixie dust.  Apply a light dusting to the ear, more is not better and it's FDA approved.  Pixie Dust increases reflection to carry more high frequencies to the ear drum.  The effect is best described as mesmerizing.  I 'know' it works because I have experienced it and so have all my buddies.

SB

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #36 of 38
Oct 4, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #38 of 38
OK I know this is an old thread, but I just got the SE215 (clear edition), and I had the RE400 for a year already, so I had to do a quick compare and explain why so many different opinions.

Basically, RE400 have much better sound quality. Compared to them, the SE215 have a bit too much bass (bloated), not very clear highs and a bit recessed mids. I would not call them V-shaped but they are def less flat and precise than the RE400.

BUT,

I will be keeping the SE215 without a doubt and I understand why they were rated #2 in head-fi reviews for IEM for 3 simple raisons: 

- build quality (you could use the cord to wrap up firewood)
- isolation (i have strange shaped ear canals but I was shocked how they fit well)
- how they hold (you can basically do sport with them)

Those will be my de-facto headphones for when I take a walk or ride a bike, they just cannot be beaten for the isolation and comfort. Plus the sound is not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back