Shure SE-530 VS Sennheiser IE8
Jan 6, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #16 of 26
Some people say that white noise or pink noise can damage the speaker. However, everyone agrees that listening to all genres of music at normal levels (a bit higher than comfortable level) is harmless and sufficient enough. That's what I did and it worked great
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #17 of 26
I just got them and I'm going to burn the ie8's in a little before making a decision. Right out of the box, the Shure's seem to be made better, heavier at least.. One thing I did notice is that when I moved the plug for the ie8's on my computer (turned the jack when plugged in), I got static sounds. Is that normal? Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I don't know.

Thanks!

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0rpheus04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok guys, I'm new around here, even though I've been reading this forum for ages now.

I've been wanting to buy a pair of IEM's for a while now, and have narrowed down the options to those two: SE 530 and IE8.

Both the SE-530 and IE8 are at the same price (from where I buy, 530's are 14 dollars more), and this really tripped me.
I have never had isolation problems due to the size of my ear canal, so that won't be a problem.

What I'm asking is a comparison between the two, concerning sound. I'm a complete bass-head, love those delicious sub-bass frequencies, but also enjoy those spine-chilling highs. (most of the time I listen to electronica (drum'n bass,trance) /hip-hop music.)

Help me decide between the two. Which do you think I should purchase, given my musical preferences and the fact that they are the same price?

I would recommend the IE8 especially you're a bass-head in this case. Shure Se530 seems more for vocal.

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTD131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got them and I'm going to burn the ie8's in a little before making a decision. Right out of the box, the Shure's seem to be made better, heavier at least.. One thing I did notice is that when I moved the plug for the ie8's on my computer (turned the jack when plugged in), I got static sounds. Is that normal? Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I don't know.

Thanks!

Its normal I experienced the same static with my first pair of IE8 and it went a way with usage quite quickly

Jan 7, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Thanks!

I believe that it's because the 530's jack is gold plated and the IE8 isn't.

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #21 of 26
Cool. I read some things about the static issue, hopefully it will stop quickly. I wonder why it does that only in the beginning

Anyone know the consensus on if Shure fixed the problem with the cord on the se530's cracking etc?

Jan 7, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Cool. I read some things about the static issue, hopefully it will stop quickly. I wonder why it does that only in the beginning

Anyone know the consensus on if Shure fixed the problem with the cord on the se530's cracking etc?

Mine broke last week after just over two years. I phoned Shure and they said they don't do repairs, and offered me a discount that came out at the same price that I could buy them from almost anyone (£249). Not impressed.

Jan 7, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #24 of 26
I don't know, but it's put me off buying a new one. I can't afford £250 every two years. I've bought (coincidentally for this thread) the IE8. £100 cheaper, so far not quite as 'bright' as the 530 (but it's early days), and hopefully better made.

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #25 of 26
i will go with IE8 as well. i owned the ancient shure E2c back in 2006 and my cable wore out quite fast, maybe one and a half years. shure replaced my phones once, but they obviously didn't change their cabledesing and after moderate use (owned a ER-4P which i used far more often) they broke again. i tried a cable mod but i accidentally solderd with too much heat and destroyed the speaker.
i don't want to judge all shure earphones or compare E2c with E530 but i suffered from cable failure in the past and i don't mean to have it again when i buy expensive in-ears phones!

Jan 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #26 of 26

Quote:

Thanks!

So far how do you like your IE8's? Mine are a bit under 200 hours of use and they sound amazing. If they continue to improve thats all good. I am completely satisfied at how they sound already. I did let them run for a night and that did help. But there's nothing more magical than burning them in as you listen to them and actually experience them improving. It is an awesome feeling and I would choose the IE8's any day over the SE530/535's. The Shures are majorly overpriced and only now have they corrected the issues with the cabling on their updated SE535 which goes for $500.00 and above. I got my Sennheiser IE8's for $265 dollars on ebay and they retail at $400.00. A much better deal than Shures plus I want headphones that I want to dance to, that create that energetic and engaging feeling. The Shure's are boring IMO. They are sparkly clear but lack sound stage, bass and mainly focus on vocals. If your into opera then I'd recommend them. But for overall balanced sound and an amazing sound stage with amazing bass; the Sennheiser IE8's wipe the floor with the Shure SE530/535's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back