Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Aug 5, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #3,063 of 6,065
Ok but you still recommend regular Sensaphonics? Or another brand? You have kse1500?
of course I have KSE1500 why would I give my opinion otherwise. I would recommend to try to find the best universal tips. For me it is the comply comfort tips (the long ones). But it is totally up to you of course.

Aug 5, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #3,064 of 6,065
Ok but you still recommend regular Sensaphonics? Or another brand? You have kse1500?
My experience with the Sensephonics custom sleeves is completely opposite of Michael's. To me they opened up the sound across the spectrum and I find them very comfortable. A great improvement from any universal tips. I like Maurice aka Moedawg would recommend the full sleeve and the smoke colored.

Aug 5, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #3,065 of 6,065
My experience with the Sensephonics custom sleeves is completely opposite of Michael's. To me they opened up the sound across the spectrum and I find them very comfortable. A great improvement from any universal tips. I like Maurice aka Moedawg would recommend the full sleeve and the smoke colored.
I think it heavily depends on your ears. Mine are very comfortable as well. Just hard to get in. The impact on sound will, IMO be a gamble given the conflicting reports. On mine the sound is nice, just very different from the original.

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #3,066 of 6,065
I think it heavily depends on your ears. Mine are very comfortable as well. Just hard to get in. The impact on sound will, IMO be a gamble given the conflicting reports. On mine the sound is nice, just very different from the original.
I could not agree more.

About 16 months ago on this thread I, in my ignorance, sang the praises of the Sensaphonics custom sleeves and assumed any and all would find them a vast improvement as I do. Thankfully more learned minds here corrected me that your personal in ear anatomy plays an enormous parts in how your perceive sound using ear phones.

Aug 5, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #3,068 of 6,065
Just like anything (and is thoroughly mentioned in the SCS thread), everything is not for everybody. There are reports of some people liking the experience of the SCS, and some not liking the experience. For a lot of people, silicone custom sleeves (especially in full shell) are the first they ever gotten, so there will be some differences in opinion, since the SCS is completely custom to you. Just like I usually don't wear foams for various reasons, you'll find many people that love foams, and that's okay.

Best thing to do is read up on the SCS thread, as pretty much no stone is left unturned, including positive and negative opinions of the SCS, if read.

For those that do end up purchasing the SCS, I'll always say it is best to purchase especially if regular sizes-fit-most tips aren't working out for you that well. For me, the SCS was an SE846 lifesaver. A multitude of sizes-fit-most tips didn't work out for me, and my cauliflower ear didn't make fitting with sizes-fit-most tips any better. This was why I went with the SCS, and my experience turned out to be amazing in the end.

If you have sizes-fit-most tips that work out for you originally, then it's up to you if you want to pay a good amount of money for a pair of custom sleeves that may work out for you, or may not be the best option for you.

Check out the SCS review thread for answers to most all that has been mentioned already. If you have a question that hasn't been answered, feel free to post. Jack from Sensaphonics is on there as well so he can add insight if need-be.

May you find the right tip or sleeve for your ears!

Aug 5, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #3,069 of 6,065
Just like anything (and is thoroughly mentioned in the SCS thread), everything is not for everybody. There are reports of some people liking the experience of the SCS, and some not liking the experience. For a lot of people, silicone custom sleeves (especially in full shell) are the first they ever gotten, so there will be some differences in opinion, since the SCS is completely custom to you. Just like I usually don't wear foams for various reasons, you'll find many people that love foams, and that's okay.

Best thing to do is read up on the SCS thread, as pretty much no stone is left unturned, including positive and negative opinions of the SCS, if read.

For those that do end up purchasing the SCS, I'll always say it is best to purchase especially if regular sizes-fit-most tips aren't working out for you that well. For me, the SCS was an SE846 lifesaver. A multitude of sizes-fit-most tips didn't work out for me, and my cauliflower ear didn't make fitting with sizes-fit-most tips any better. This was why I went with the SCS, and my experience turned out to be amazing in the end.

If you have sizes-fit-most tips that work out for you originally, then it's up to you if you want to pay a good amount of money for a pair of custom sleeves that may work out for you, or may not be the best option for you.

Check out the SCS review thread for answers to most all that has been mentioned already. If you have a question that hasn't been answered, feel free to post. Jack from Sensaphonics is on there as well so he can add insight if need-be.

May you find the right tip or sleeve for your ears!

Well price is ok, as my wife says if you can spend over $2.000 get it right. I love the yellow foam but it is annoying to take them out and put them back in again. And after a while they have to be changed out so I'm the long run better to have something more permanent. My wife is a captain and proposed green color for right and red for left!

Aug 5, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #3,070 of 6,065
Well price is ok, as my wife says if you can spend over $2.000 get it right. I love the yellow foam but it is annoying to take them out and put them back in again. And after a while they have to be changed out so I'm the long run better to have something more permanent. My wife is a captain and proposed green color for right and red for left!
I'm with you on this. Price isn't a concern with me when dealing with comfort and ultimate lovely sound - up to a point, of course (I won't be getting the MSB system anytime soon). And, with the SE846 you can use Knowles Dampers to change the sound even more to your specific liking! Review of those are in the profile as well, if anyone's interested.

Yellow foams I agree with you as well. Hygiene, waiting to expand, etc. were some factors why they weren't the best for my ears.

Very cool your wife is a captain. In my opinion, you should at least have red as the right because most all connectors and cables will show a bit of red as the right side, so having your SCS red as the right will help keep everything "uniform". Hopefully your wife can appreciate that. :slight_smile: Green would be okay for the left, or blue, as blue is what is typically used to distinguish the left side. I have a green left Snug tip, so definitely not saying you've got to get blue on the left. I would say it's probably best to get the sleeves as red on the right side if you are going with that color, for uniformity, but you are free to choose whichever color(s) you'd like for any side you want. :slight_smile:

Aug 9, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #3,072 of 6,065
I'm with you on this. Price isn't a concern with me when dealing with comfort and ultimate lovely sound - up to a point, of course (I won't be getting the MSB system anytime soon). And, with the SE846 you can use Knowles Dampers to change the sound even more to your specific liking! Review of those are in the profile as well, if anyone's interested.

Yellow foams I agree with you as well. Hygiene, waiting to expand, etc. were some factors why they weren't the best for my ears.

Very cool your wife is a captain. In my opinion, you should at least have red as the right because most all connectors and cables will show a bit of red as the right side, so having your SCS red as the right will help keep everything "uniform". Hopefully your wife can appreciate that. :slight_smile: Green would be okay for the left, or blue, as blue is what is typically used to distinguish the left side. I have a green left Snug tip, so definitely not saying you've got to get blue on the left. I would say it's probably best to get the sleeves as red on the right side if you are going with that color, for uniformity, but you are free to choose whichever color(s) you'd like for any side you want. :slight_smile:

Went to Douglas Kloss, Audiologist recommended by Shure and Sensaphonic yesterday. Great guy! Took 15 minutes to make a mold. He recommended full sleeves so I go with that. Seems that my thinking of red/green as a ship/airplane is totally wrong! Red in nautical is left, in music right. Went with just uncolored since Douglas said Sensaphonics stuff is so good quality so to get colors because they discolor soon is a waste. Colors more for personalization. Hope to get the inserts within three weeks!

Aug 9, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #3,073 of 6,065
Went to Douglas Kloss, Audiologist recommended by Shure and Sensaphonic yesterday. Great guy! Took 15 minutes to make a mold. He recommended full sleeves so I go with that. Seems that my thinking of red/green as a ship/airplane is totally wrong! Red in nautical is left, in music right. Went with just uncolored since Douglas said Sensaphonics stuff is so good quality so to get colors because they discolor soon is a waste. Colors more for personalization. Hope to get the inserts within three weeks!
Yeah, as explained in the previous page, I would highly advise going with the full sleeves (I explain thoroughly my reasons in the SCS review thread). I'd have to disagree with Mr. Kloss' statement about "getting colors because they discolor soon is a waste". It's up to you to get "uncolored", but in my first-hand experience with seeing the "clear" sleeves, the sleeves showed discoloration over time - also explained in the SCS review thread.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #3,074 of 6,065
Yeah, as explained in the previous page, I would highly advise going with the full sleeves (I explain thoroughly my reasons in the SCS review thread). I'd have to disagree with Mr. Kloss' statement about "getting colors because they discolor soon is a waste". It's up to you to get "uncolored", but in my first-hand experience with seeing the "clear" sleeves, the sleeves showed discoloration over time - also explained in the SCS review thread.

Good luck!
Thanks!

Aug 12, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #3,075 of 6,065
Replaced my iPhone 7 under warranty. The NEW One manufactred in week 4 in July - NO POPPNG SOUND!

Works perfect with KSE1500 so must me the first produced that had a problem.

I did email Peter at Shure, great to keep them updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back