Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Aug 7, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #2,491 of 6,065
Beautiful from where can I purchase it?

Well I got it on taobao, some Chinese guys make it here DIY...it would be hard to order from them. I could do it for you but I will be away for several weeks.

It is 130$ for the two wire model I have.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.9lgH9E&id=39369452676&_u=811o9rqqb2ce 

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #2,492 of 6,065
It's DIY or from Double Helix?

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #2,494 of 6,065
The best I've heard of the KSE's yet.

Aug 19, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #2,501 of 6,065
My stupid question.  Is this a refurbished?
Scratch mark inside and cloth inside 

I send these materials to Shure global and they answer that it look genius Shure product and recommend me to contact to their local Shure distributor in my country. Oh ****! no meaning answer bcs I bought it from exact address Shure recommend.
If I do so, will I get a true answer, if any ?

I know the amp there's Battery cylce information with after use it will not be zero and when I bought, it was zero. But if do not let battery level to lower than 20%, surely it never count up cylce.
Also amp and inear part may independent.

Aug 19, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #2,502 of 6,065
I send these materials to Shure global and they answer that it look genius Shure product and recommend me to contact to their local Shure distributor in my country. Oh ****! no meaning answer bcs I bought it from exact address Shure recommend.
If I do so, will I get a true answer, if any ?

I know the amp there's Battery cylce information with after use it will not be zero and when I bought, it was zero. But if do not let battery level to lower than 20%, surely it never count up cylce.
Also amp and inear part may independent.

From personal experience, Shure service is impeccable. When I needed service on my SE846 it was hassle free and very expeditious.

When my cable broke on the KSE1500, Shure's service was taken to a whole new level. Sean Sullivan (the head of product development) called me personally both on his office line and his cellular phone to make sure I got a replacement ASAP. Sean had his secretary send out the replacement. To demonstrate how far Shure service went, when my cable died I was concerned that such a failure may have effected the amplifier so I sent that in as well. Not only was I given new cables/earphones but Sean sent a new amplifier as well.

The service I recieved on the KSE was analogous to when years ago I needed service on my first high end car (Jaguar SK Coupe).

Rest assured Shure understands the KSE1500 represents the apex of their headphone/earphone product line and treats customers properly.

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #2,503 of 6,065
That's reassuring!
Tyatya, if you purchased from a reputable dealer and the box was sealed, everything else looks brand new and working properly, I wouldn't think it is a refurbished item falsely sold as new. My 2cents.

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #2,504 of 6,065
Don't know if this is of use to anyone in the UK who's after a set, but I was in Unilet/audio sanctuary having a listen to the O'bravo eamt-3a when I spied a set of  kse 1500's in one of their display cabinets. looked unopened too. bit out of my price range, unfortunately 
frown.gif

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #2,505 of 6,065
Don't know if this is of use to anyone in the UK who's after a set, but I was in Unilet/audio sanctuary having a listen to the O'bravo eamt-3a when I spied a set of  kse 1500's in one of their display cabinets. looked unopened too. bit out of my price range, unfortunately :frowning2:  

After the last week or so reading everything I could find on these earphones I have finally succumbed to temptation and just arranged for delivery of that very set (I believe). Arrives tomorrow. This has been tough because I have not heard them.

Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back