Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Nov 25, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #736 of 6,079
  What is the official release date as cant find a definitive release date - I spoke to some UK/EU dealers and they said it wont be out till January

Is there an exact release date?  Does anyone have it in stock currently - thanks
redface.gif

as far as I know, December is the expected receipt date for stock on these.  Trying my best to not buy a pair from our first shipment, based on my hour or so of getting to play them with my mod-ed PAW gold pmp.

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #737 of 6,079
i am so so so curious to read more reviews about this iem, maybe if its that good i will buy it and be done with it

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #738 of 6,079

What is the official release date as cant find a definitive release date - I spoke to some UK/EU dealers and they said it wont be out till January

Is there an exact release date?  Does anyone have it in stock currently - thanks :xf_eek:

as far as I know, December is the expected receipt date for stock on these.  Trying my best to not buy a pair from our first shipment, based on my hour or so of getting to play them with my mod-ed PAW gold pmp.

Can you please explain how did you modified your Paw Gold?
You can PM if you feel like it.
Thank you.
Musicday

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #739 of 6,079
  i am so so so curious to read more reviews about this iem, maybe if its that good i will buy it and be done with it

me too... i am thinking though to give it the standard intro time to see if there are any issues that they might fix in rev 2 first though.  going to guess the price will come down after the initial wow wears off a little.  This might also be what finally forces me to get an iPhone as I can't imagine there to be a better end to end stack then having a full smartphone as a source since it accels at the music collection side of things and the connection is pure digital and I believe this was designed principally with that in mind.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #740 of 6,079
  There are products that don't get improved upon and are game changers. The original Quad within it's overstated limitations, Linn LP12 if you know what you're doing. You can do it different but not better.

Don’t want to de-rail this thread but have to disagree with your comment on the LP12, it so overrated. It may have been good in the 70’s but the Roksan Xerxes came out in the 80’s and killed it.
So many more better turntables out their now.

I use an Acoustic Solid One to One turntable, here is a small snapshot of it with the Dynavector DV507 MK-II tonearm and Roksan Shiraz cartridge.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #741 of 6,079
Don't see why an iphone would be better than an android phone for transport? There are several viable alternatives. The Sony z5 compact comes to mind. In fact, you'll get to store a lot more high-res files on an android phone, since some allow you to use SD cards, while iphones are limited to 128GB max (of which several will go to other stuff).

Or are you saying that you will finally be getting a smartphone, and that your eye is on the iphone more specifically?

me too... i am thinking though to give it the standard intro time to see if there are any issues that they might fix in rev 2 first though.  going to guess the price will come down after the initial wow wears off a little.  This might also be what finally forces me to get an iPhone as I can't imagine there to be a better end to end stack then having a full smartphone as a source since it accels at the music collection side of things and the connection is pure digital and I believe this was designed principally with that in mind.

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #743 of 6,079

Don’t want to de-rail this thread but have to disagree with your comment on the LP12, it so overrated. It may have been good in the 70’s but the Roksan Xerxes came out in the 80’s and killed it.
So many more better turntables out their now.

I use an Acoustic Solid One to One turntable, here is a small snapshot of it with the Dynavector DV507 MK-II tonearm and Roksan Shiraz cartridge.

I quite liked and setup numerous Roksans and even adopted it's spindle config to a few LP-12s. They are actually a much bigger pain to keep running in proper tune than Linns but do get close in performance when you remove the cosmetic surround that holds the cover. I like the DV arm but prefer the Naim Aro, now gone. Part of what made the Roksan good is the removal of the spindle. It's the opposite of clamps which couple the record to table noise and vice versa, IMHO. The LP12 has had so many factory tweaks (not all for the better) that it can be hard to pin down but a properly selected one still delivers as well as anything. Oracle, Roksan, VPI, Avid, J.A. Mitchell, Nottingham, Townshend, Well Tempered all were/are 'better than a Linn'.
rolleyes.gif
 There's reason it's still the the one noted for comparison.  If you like, we can submit Dig dubs of a Sgt Peppers cut for evaluation here. We can also just agree to disagree since there's no real need to as that wasn't the point. I'm very happy that you like your table that much.
smile.gif
 Is that cartridge still an EMT derivative?

The point was how when something is genuinely great. it can stand the test of time, aren't easily superseded and should stop upgraditis for quite some time. 

Would be very nice if the Shure was one of those. Cost effective is relative but if it can stop us from continuing to chase our tails, it could be cost effective for the customer that keeps trying new things pursuing nirvana.

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #744 of 6,079
Sorry to ask if answered already : when is it supposed to be available ? 

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #746 of 6,079
  I quite liked and setup numerous Roksans and even adopted it's spindle config to a few LP-12s. They are actually a much bigger pain to keep running in proper tune than Linns but do get close in performance when you remove the cosmetic surround that holds the cover. I like the DV arm but prefer the Naim Aro, now gone. Part of what made the Roksan good is the removal of the spindle. It's the opposite of clamps which couple the record to table noise and vice versa, IMHO. The LP12 has had so many factory tweaks (not all for the better) that it can be hard to pin down but a properly selected one still delivers as well as anything. Oracle, Roksan, VPI, Avid, J.A. Mitchell, Nottingham, Townshend, Well Tempered all were/are 'better than a Linn'.
rolleyes.gif
 There's reason it's still the the one noted for comparison.  If you like, we can submit Dig dubs of a Sgt Peppers cut for evaluation here. We can also just agree to disagree since there's no real need to as that wasn't the point. I'm very happy that you like your table that much.
smile.gif
 Is that cartridge still an EMT derivative?

The point was how when something is genuinely great. it can stand the test of time, aren't easily superseded and should stop upgraditis for quite some time. 

Would be very nice if the Shure was one of those. Cost effective is relative but if it can stop us from continuing to chase our tails, it could be cost effective for the customer that keeps trying new things pursuing nirvana.

Yes we will have to agree to disagree. I do have a few friends that have the LP12's and one of them does have the Naim Aro arm on it.
One thing though the Xerxes is easier to keep in tip top condition, yes it did have the suspect plinth issues all now fixed. The LP12 needs constant attention to keep it sounding good.

Have you tried the Kronos turntables? they are something else but at a price.

Now I am running the Acoustic Solid One to One, no longer running the Xerxes. The One to One is set it and forget it.
This is a picture of the One to One, not mine.

Yes the Roksan Shiraz is made by EMT, for my next cartridge I will be getting and EMT cartridge. I think the Shiraz now at £3995 is not worth the money, I know I can get better for the same money. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #749 of 6,079
  LOL and Yup!

Year 1 I started out spending 8k to get the party started.  Now in year two easily more than double that.  I carry the stuff around in my nap sack to / from some of the most dangerous areas in Brooklyn and NYC.  I call it character building (lol).  I've met my share of crazy characters trust me.

With nearly 4 hours of commuting each day, 1.5 miles of walking, 4 subways and almost an hour in the famed LIRR not to mention 10 flights of stairs to transition I'm listening to audio all the time.  If you want someone to really test the limits and practical use of "portable audio gear" then I'm your guy!!!. I consider myself s serious audiophile commuter with more than 25 years of traveling and the same amount of time in the audio arena. I maintain my audio equipment is absolute flawless condition and safely package everthing away day-in and day-out.  

Most times I'm the only person of my color and background on many of these trains with others looking at me like I'm either really lost, a cop, a pilot or just plain crazy!  As with many of us my music is as important as the air we breath.  Audio is in my blood and I'm honored to be part of the digital audio movement (if there is such a thing) 

Sincerely,
Your friend in audio
-Speed 

mmm....you are my kind of guy (portable audio freak)!

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #750 of 6,079

Yes we will have to agree to disagree. I do have a few friends that have the LP12's and one of them does have the Naim Aro arm on it.
One thing though the Xerxes is easier to keep in tip top condition, yes it did have the suspect plinth issues all now fixed. The LP12 needs constant attention to keep it sounding good.

Have you tried the Kronos turntables? they are something else but at a price.

Now I am running the Acoustic Solid One to One, no longer running the Xerxes. The One to One is set it and forget it.
This is a picture of the One to One, not mine.

Yes the Roksan Shiraz is made by EMT, for my next cartridge I will be getting and EMT cartridge. I think the Shiraz now at £3995 is not worth the money, I know I can get better for the same money. 

That's fine but Linns don't need to be touched between cartridge swaps 'IF' you know what you're doing. Too many 'experts' that don't and just follow the setup manual and hop on the 'upgrade' train and again, it wasn't the point. Like I said. I'm happy if you're happy.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back