Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Nov 27, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #751 of 6,068
  That's fine but Linns don't need to be touched between cartridge swaps 'IF' you know what you're doing. Too many 'experts' that don't and just follow the setup manual and hop on the 'upgrade' train and again, it wasn't the point. Like I said. I'm happy if you're happy.
beerchug.gif

I am cool with that have a nice weekend 
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #752 of 6,068
  Don't see why an iphone would be better than an android phone for transport? There are several viable alternatives. The Sony z5 compact comes to mind. In fact, you'll get to store a lot more high-res files on an android phone, since some allow you to use SD cards, while iphones are limited to 128GB max (of which several will go to other stuff).

Or are you saying that you will finally be getting a smartphone, and that your eye is on the iphone more specifically?

I'm saying I would never get an Android because I just don't like them or google much.  I am also saying having this might force me to actually getting a smartphone for once.  I use Apple's match service already for my entire library and I love how their music app organizes the library so it's a no-brainer.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #755 of 6,068
  nope, not lossless but i can't hear the difference.

Ok. Have you tried Tidal's lossless test? I'm sure you can hear the difference if you have decent gear (I'm guessing you have if you're considering the kse1500!) and turn up the volume a bit.

I'm saying I would never get an Android because I just don't like them or google much.  I am also saying having this might force me to actually getting a smartphone for once.  I use Apple's match service already for my entire library and I love how their music app organizes the library so it's a no-brainer.

Ok, but for people who want to use the amp/dacs HD audio capacity, apple makes little sense unfortunately. Could always store your files on a NAS somewhere, but then again, streaming on the go or even on wi-fi makes for a noisier electronic environment, and we definitely don't want that around our $3000+ portable setup.

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #757 of 6,068

Ok. Have you tried Tidal's lossless test? I'm sure you can hear the difference if you have decent gear (I'm guessing you have if you're considering the kse1500!) and turn up the volume a bit.

Ok, but for people who want to use the amp/dacs HD audio capacity, apple makes little sense unfortunately. Could always store your files on a NAS somewhere, but then again, streaming on the go or even on wi-fi makes for a noisier electronic environment, and we definitely don't want that around our $3000+ portable setup.

I have a ton of lossless material and the same tracks AAC 256k encoded (apple standard) and can't really tell the difference at any volume.  I can tell for formats inferior to the 256 AAC.  iTunes does process hr material if you have it and of course lossless as well if that matters to you.  Match buffers the entire track upfront before playback so I haven't noticed any issues with it so far.  I could as well not use match but just store my entire library on the iPhone but I don't really see the point when match works just as well.

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #758 of 6,068
Hi!
I feel like some of you guys tried he1000 and kse1500
May I ask you some questions?
1. Which one would you choose if you think about ultimate sound?
2.is kse1500 that good? Better than k10 and everything?
3.is kse1500 better those good headphones?

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #759 of 6,068
Should I ever buy this (basically I would have already, if the cable was detachable), I'd just get the cheapest Android phone out there that supports Cyanogenmod 12.1+, and a 200GB MicroSD.
Also, here's my 2 cents on the matter of "only 96kHz/24bit": A while ago I downloaded the sampler from HDtracks. Listened to a few tracks at 96kHz, encoded them to 44kHz and listened to them again. Didn't hear a difference.
(@groovyd) Went ahead and encoded them to MP3@320kbps (from flac@44kHz) using 'lame 3.99.5'. Still Couldn't hear a difference.
Encoded them again to MP3@192kbps (from flac@44kHz). Song-to-song, couldn't hear a difference. Treble didn't extend as far this time on small section comparison, but normally you wouldn't notice nor care.
With different headphone cables, even with line-out cables, I can hear the difference in a sec, so I dunno. Either a $1,000 rig isn't enough (A THOUSAND BUCKS, JESUS CHRIST), or my brain and ears aren't as highly evolved as everyone else's.

So bottom line, if Shure deemed 96kHz/24bit on a $3k products is enough, it's enough. In fact, it's more than enough. They have my applause for not giving in into this hertz/bits marketing war.
By the way, the music at HDtracks is boring as crap (my humble opinion).

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #760 of 6,068
Should I ever buy this (basically I would have already, if the cable was detachable), I'd just get the cheapest Android phone out there that supports Cyanogenmod 12.1+, and a 200GB MicroSD.
Also, here's my 2 cents on the matter of "only 96kHz/24bit": A while ago I downloaded the sampler from HDtracks. Listened to a few tracks at 96kHz, encoded them to 44kHz and listened to them again. Didn't hear a difference.
(@groovyd
) Went ahead and encoded them to MP3@320kbps (from flac@44kHz) using 'lame 3.99.5'. Still Couldn't hear a difference.
Encoded them again to MP3@192kbps (from flac@44kHz). Song-to-song, couldn't hear a difference. Treble didn't extend as far this time on small section comparison, but normally you wouldn't notice nor care.
With different headphone cables, even with line-out cables, I can hear the difference in a sec, so I dunno. Either a $1,000 rig isn't enough (A THOUSAND BUCKS, JESUS CHRIST), or my brain and ears aren't as highly evolved as everyone else's.

So bottom line, if Shure deemed 96kHz/24bit on a $3k products is enough, it's enough. In fact, it's more than enough. They have my applause for not giving in into this hertz/bits marketing war.
By the way, the music at HDtracks is boring as crap (my humble opinion).

Even on old analog recording, the difference between 24/96 and 16/44.1 is obvious to me. One of the easiest is to compare the bluray and the CD of the latest Beatles one plus. They are all from the same remaster, and you should hear the difference if you gave a decent system.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #762 of 6,068
[quote name="DeeKay10"
Encoded them again to MP3@192kbps (from flac@44kHz). Song-to-song, couldn't hear a difference. Treble didn't extend as far this time on small section comparison, but normally you wouldn't notice nor care
[/quote]

Really? You are entitled to your opinion. But does this even make sense?

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #764 of 6,068
If you can't hear the difference between flac and mp3 you have a problem..
Don't even mention about 24 Bit music.

He does not have a problem, in fact he is a man that is going to save a lot of money as he will not have to spend the ridiculous amount of money the rest of us have  to spend to get what we want.

For the people liking a challenge, if you have not tried the Phillips Golden Ears challenge go try it. It starts of easy but get more difficult the further down the line you get.
I have completed it.

Let see how good you are?

Phillips Golden Ears challenge https://www.goldenears.philips.com/en/introduction.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back