Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Mar 16, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #4,906 of 6,080
Where is the red dot in relation to the orientation? I assumed it would be at the top (12:00) and pin one would be top left as described by Shure. Is the red dot considered the bottom? I am confused why they said to “start at the top left” but your diagram shows #1 on the bottom right. If I rotate my diagram so the red dot is on the bottom, I think we would match. However, I believe my red dot falls between 2 pins, not centered over 1 of them.

Mar 16, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #4,907 of 6,080
I didn't :).
But also still didn't find an optimal/practical way to use it on-the-go...
Here is an Idea - buy a HiBy W5 BT, it has all the codecs and perform very well, on the SE output it even better than ES100. Connect it to your KSA and use phone to transmit.

Where is the red dot in relation to the orientation? I assumed it would be at the top (12:00) and pin one would be top left as described by Shure. Is the red dot considered the bottom? I am confused why they said to “start at the top left” but your diagram shows #1 on the bottom right. If I rotate my diagram so the red dot is on the bottom, I think we would match. However, I believe my red dot falls between 2 pins, not centered over 1 of them.
The red dot is between 1 and 6.

Apr 14, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #4,913 of 6,080
For those who like the kse1500 I highly recommend radius twf41. For its price it has almost identical presentation a kse1500.
Sorry to bring up such an old comment, I was just wondering, do you still remember just on what way the two was similar?

Apr 14, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #4,915 of 6,080
ah many thanks for replying to such an old comment, that's enough information for me, to at least give something to base the KSE on, if they do have those two technicality points nailed as good as this while staying so small and noise isolating, they should be great indeed.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #4,916 of 6,080
I’ve finally ordered some KSE1200s. I’ve been talking myself out of them since the original release of the 1500s. One of my biggest worries was I’d heard they don’t go very loud and can distort at higher volumes? Was this ever the case/ is it still the case with the 1200s now the dac is removed? I’ll be running a Mojo with them.

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #4,918 of 6,080
I’ve finally ordered some KSE1200s. I’ve been talking myself out of them since the original release of the 1500s. One of my biggest worries was I’d heard they don’t go very loud and can distort at higher volumes? Was this ever the case/ is it still the case with the 1200s now the dac is removed? I’ll be running a Mojo with them.

I can guarantee that either with the Hugo2 or the AQ Dragonfly Cobalt the volume level achieved is more than I need and definitely beyond recommended listening levels. unfortunately whether that is enough for you is entirely subjective and I doubt anyone can give you an answer to be honest.

Apr 15, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #4,919 of 6,080
One of my biggest worries was I’d heard they don’t go very loud and can distort at higher volumes? Was this ever the case/ is it still the case with the 1200s now the dac is removed? I’ll be running a Mojo with them.

No, this isn't true, unless you're pairing them with a real weak, crappy source I would guess, but then at which point I would question why you have the KSE to begin with. I even tried running them with my BTR3 and it worked fine. Plenty of volume and no distortion.

Apr 15, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #4,920 of 6,080

I recently acquired a KSE1500. I can say that I would prefer (and will be trying different combos) to get a little more volume out of them but assume I'll get there. I'm currently running a WM1A into the Shure amp/dac. While it's "loud enough", it is certainly on the edge of maximum volume. I have the WM1A on high output at volume 98 and the Shure between 17 and 24 (the maximum 25 on the Shure adds a large hiss but a notch down at 24 doesn't). I'll be trying out a mojo and hugo in the chain but would have prefered to get a little high volume using just the Sony. Didn't really answer your question, but that's where I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back