Shure is getting up there to the "Bose" size..
Feb 15, 2006 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
I walk into a circuit city the other day and I almost **** In my pants when I seen the Shure e3's and e2's, I am thinking "hmm that's odd to see them there."

I walk into a ABT electronics store the day after and guess what I seen...yelp only this time they had the ENTIRE SHURE LINE!

I walk into A Fry's the day after that....yelp you guessed it.

I know Shure is BIG in the Pro Audio market but I guess it was weird seeing somany chain stores selling them..

Either way at all three stores I was telling people to buy these instead of the crap around the corner or a few feet away..lol
One girl was listening to a set of headphones at the display at the Circuit city (won't say the name of the company but their known for not having highs nor lows..lol) and I walk up to her and started talking about what she thought about them and stuff. after she said she liked them I asked her if she wanted any true advice and she smiled and said "as long as you know something I don't." I pointed to the E3c's and said "pick those up and buy them, to thank me remember head-fi...that's all." she looked at me all weird, smiled and said "well..if their that good and I can return them...why not."

I smiled and went about my business (hunting music, looking for sr-71 camera cases), later as I was walking out to my car the car next to me rolled down the window and I heard a "hey!" it was her and of course she had them on plugged into the ipod. we smiled at each other and that's it..i think

GO GET THEM SHURE!!!!!! ITS ABOUT TIME A CONSUMER HAS A GREAT PRODUCT IN THE CHAIN STORES.. besides the sony's (god they suck) and bose (great marketing but my ears don't care)...seriously go get them mofo's!!!!!!

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 51
You can buy high-quality Shures in any Best Buy as well.

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 51
Shure is the best hope for quality earphones becoming commonplace. I worked at Shure for 8 years in the late 80's/early 90's -- it's a cool company. I am very happy for them.

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 51
i thought this thread was gonna be about bashing shure.
confused.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic_rage
i thought this thread was gonna be about bashing shure.
confused.gif

Why bash Shure??? What they are doing for our hobby is AWESOME! I've seen Shure headphones now for sale at almost every major airport. I hope they sell a zillion pairs.

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 51
bose markleting has always focused on "dont sell the customer what they should want, sell them what they do want."

its fun to see what happens to companies like that when customers start to want what they should want.

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
Why bash Shure??? What they are doing for our hobby is AWESOME! I've seen Shure headphones now for sale at almost every major airport. I hope they sell a zillion pairs.

I thought that this thread was going to be about bashing shure as well.... and I'm really glad it isn't as I really like my E2c (even though it's those that led me here and led my wallet to bleed so much!! lol)

I think that the shures are really comfy and the best sounding ear buds (I know they aren't ear buds but that's all I'd tried till these) I've ever heard. Really looking forward to the E500 (though I know my wallet will scream if I order more stuff!)

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #10 of 51
That's a true head-fier. He didn't even ask for her digits. A true White Knight of Headphones!
icon10.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #11 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNyCans
Skylab, I just thought it was funny that you worked for Shure, yet own Ultimate Ears. haha Do you not like Shure's IEM's?

I'm a basshead. I tried Shure E3C's but wasn't happy enough with the sound.

Feb 15, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #12 of 51
Shure certainly is getting more popular. I recently saw someone in my English class and in my Physics lab wearing E3's. Even though the campus is filled with iBuds, cheap Sony's, and Bose, it's good to see the better ones coming through.

Feb 15, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #13 of 51
I must say these IEMs are getting more and more popular. Frys carry the whole product line from e2c to e4c (and some of the gaming versions) from sure, as well as the UE consumer models such as Super.fi Pro etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back