Shure is getting up there to the "Bose" size..
Feb 19, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinOut
These are $350-500 earphones, and the service and 2 year warranty makes it all worth it.

Do even the lowly E2C have that same warranty? And would Shure treat an E2C owner with the same kind of upstanding service?

Feb 19, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #47 of 51
audiobliss: the E2s have the same warranty as the higher-up models, and Shure would treat you all the same as someone who had E3s/E4s/E5s.

Feb 19, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #48 of 51
I quote from their website:

Professional Grade Warranty and Money-Back Guarantee
Every E2c ordered from this website comes with a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee, plus a two-year Professional Grade Warranty on materials and workmanship.

Their entire personal audio line (E-series) has the two-year warranty.

That's why I went with them instead of Westone's UM2s.

I wore my E5c's for 8 months straight for 6-9 hours a day when I used to be a dealership tech. These things are durable. I only sent them back because the teeny tiny "damper screens" on them fell out when I was cleaning them. Shure makes good stuff, and they back it up with fast, no-hassle service. I'm impressed, and recommend them highly.

(Now, Mr. Jobs, I love you and you're Macs and Ipods so very much, but you could definitely take a lesson from Shure. Perhaps, this would stop all the class-action lawsuits. Just take care of the customer who've already shelled out an honest buck or two. . . .)

Feb 19, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #49 of 51
Shure is definitely making a great push to get their products everywhere, even seeing them up here in Canada (e2cs at Best Buy). WEll, hope they won't decend down to the level known as "Bose". And I just paid for my E4s, definitely hoping for the best of them.

Feb 19, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #50 of 51
I noticed there's been a lot more Shures around when I'm going through airports, but it might pay Shure to do a bit more product training of they want people to buy.

I was in a Brookstone store at SF airport last week looking for a quick fix to a busted pair of ER6is. The guy at the store showed me the Shures and I asked him what the E2C and the E3C where like. He asked me if I had tried using canalphones before and I showed him the Etys. He looked a bit puzzled but assured me that the Shures would blow them out of the water.
confused.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 11:24 AM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by so_cal_forever
It's great to see Shure's rise to glory. However, as it has been and seems that it always will be, Hi-Fi will never take the mainstream by the shirt. I believe this is because the typical american wants it good and wants it cheap.

Naah, they want it fast and they want it cheap. If it's good too, well that's a bonus.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back