Shure E4C - Reviews, Opinions & Ramblings Thread
Jun 25, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #316 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildeone
i have to think they tweek them to the end

Mearly speculation, Shures stance, through Sugarfried, is that they are sonicly identical to the E4. I understand the semingly illogical design of creating a professional product that is the same as the consumer product, but in this case all we have to go on is Shure's statements on the subject, at least untill the E4 comes out for us to review, and I think we should stick with that for now.

But far be it from me to tell anyone else what to think, analyse the situation and statemints yourself please make your own decision.

Jun 25, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #317 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperM3
Should I just keep them or return them and wait for the black version? What would you do?

All my talking and I haven't put forth my opinion on this issue. I personaly would say, wait for the E4. If you are anti-iPod/anti-iPod white, then the E4 is what is going to make you the happyest for the months and years you own it, why waste all that happyness on getting the E4C approx. a week before you could get the E4? I sure don't know why you would.

Jun 25, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #318 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Mearly speculation, Shures stance, through Sugarfried, is that they are sonicly identical to the E4. I understand the semingly illogical design of creating a professional product that is the same as the consumer product, but in this case all we have to go on is Shure's statements on the subject, at least untill the E4 comes out for us to review, and I think we should stick with that for now.

But far be it from me to tell anyone else what to think, analyse the situation and statemints yourself please make your own decision.

All this talk about the 'pro' version being different etc.
It's marketing.
I remember when cameras were mostly satin chrome finish, then came the black 'professional' models.
rolleyes.gif

I do prefer the look of the black E4's though, I am looking forward to hearing them when they eventually arrive.

Setmenu

Jun 25, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #319 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by setmenu
All this talk about the 'pro' version being different etc.
It's marketing.
I remember when cameras were mostly satin chrome finish, then came the black 'professional' models.
rolleyes.gif

I do prefer the look of the black E4's though, I am looking forward to hearing them when they eventually arrive.

Setmenu

I totaly hear what you are saying. It is all company dependent I have to think. Some companys design products for both professional and consumer markets, and sometimes they are very diffirent and sometimes they are very similar. I belive this to be a case where they are very similar, the identical MSRP would be one of many reasons.

As you noted, it does seem to be Shure's procedure with the E Series canalphone to plaster the professional ones with a diffirent color and market them as such, professional. Now we need to get iRiver to market the H320 as professional version of the iPod or something.
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #320 of 370
I appreciate everyones input. Im on several forums I really like how opinionated people are here. But they are views from a different perspective. What I mean is on my automotive forums, theres lots of posts from people who dont even own the car they talk about modding or just people who want to sit on a forum and be heard. Here, you really have to be into this to want to be here.

FWIW, I guess I can wait for the E4 in black. I neglected to mention I'm still using my much loved E3's at the moment.

Jun 25, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #321 of 370
maybe i missed something, but why would people think the sound is goign to be different between the e4c's and e4s? I think sugarfried has repeated about 20 times that the only difference is the color.

Jun 25, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #322 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperM3
I appreciate everyones input. Im on several forums I really like how opinionated people are here. But they are views from a different perspective. What I mean is on my automotive forums, theres lots of posts from people who dont even own the car they talk about modding or just people who want to sit on a forum and be heard. Here, you really have to be into this to want to be here.

FWIW, I guess I can wait for the E4 in black. I neglected to mention I'm still using my much loved E3's at the moment.

I think it is a little bit less involving, as well as a lot less of a financial commitment to become a part of this hobby. Heck, I know so. If you have $1000 you can get enough stuff to have some good perspective and blather your opinioins all over the place. You can do it with a lot less than that, but $1000 and up is solid headphone hobby pro land. Where as with a car $1000 will get you a kick butt exaust system for a car that you are going to need ten, twelve, twenty, forty, etc times more just to plaster that exhuast system on. It cost SOOOOO much more to actually have a mouth to say something from in the auto hobby, so most of it is speculation. But I'm sure you didn't need me to tell you all that.

Jun 25, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #323 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
maybe i missed something, but why would people think the sound is goign to be different between the e4c's and e4s? I think sugarfried has repeated about 20 times that the only difference is the color.

Well yeah Jmmmmm, but you seem to forget that what makes sence and what is true even after it is stated over and over, just makes it more confusing for those that deem it necisarry for the truth to be diffirent than what has been presented to them. That and just somenoe asking the question if they are diffirent causes a rouckous sometimes that many interpret as there is a diffirence. Kind of like...what there is a diffirence you say, no no I am just asking if their is, hey tommy their is a diffirence, no no I didn't say that, hey everybody there is a diffirence this dude says their is a diffirence, I didn't say that at all...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #324 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Well yeah Jmmmmm, but you seem to forget that what makes sence and what is true even after it is stated over and over, just makes it more confusing for those that deem it necisarry for the truth to be diffirent than what has been presented to them. That and just somenoe asking the question if they are diffirent causes a rouckous sometimes that many interpret as there is a diffirence. Kind of like...what there is a diffirence you say, no no I am just asking if their is, hey tommy their is a diffirence, no no I didn't say that, hey everybody there is a diffirence this dude says their is a diffirence, I didn't say that at all...
rolleyes.gif

actually, you're right. i think i remember hearing that the e4's are going to have no bass at all. that's right, a frequency response from 500-20.6k (they added 600hz onto the top end to make up for the the bottom end; i think it was a good decision in the end)
evil_smiley.gif

[size=xx-small]
please note: for the love of gd, this is not true[/size]

Jun 25, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #325 of 370
::smirks wisely::

Jun 25, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #326 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm

When people start getting black E4's I already can imagine multipage threads like: Quote:

I have both white and black E4 and black one wins hands down in resolution, decay, bass definition and upper treble but white one has more forward mids and feels more comfortable in my left ear.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #328 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by albau
When people start getting black E4's I already can imagine multipage threads like:
smily_headphones1.gif

You can imagine, what the hell are you talking about you stupid ****, its like a freakin' manditory part of having Shure come out with a professional version, they just have to be diffirent and people just have to think they are.
wink.gif
Wink Wink

[size=xx-small]Please don't take offence, I am just colorfully trying to illustrate that you are correct.[/size]

Jun 25, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #329 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by K.Ashwood
Don't you guys know black sounds better!!!
k1000smile.gif

Keith Ashwood

Damn it Keith, you know you are right. I forgot, completely forgot. I know black will sure feel better. Of course on Head-Fi, as Keith predicted long before I would belive him, the black version is going to be the boring ole one that everyone has and the E4C is going to be the rare example of Shure's craftsmenship.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back