Shure e4c cable replacemant
Mar 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Vity0k

New Head-Fier
Hi,

After a few good years of using Shure e4c, the cable was damaged and now i am looking into a good option replacing it.
One of the options was to buy

Elite Series Monitor Replacement Cables from Westone

but it cost about 45$ + 40$ for the shipment.
as you can understand, i am looking for a quality cable and don't realy care about the connector type.

i will be more than happy to hear about any other option to fixing these great headphones.

thank you.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 5
My e4c was modified to add shure proprietary connector so that it can connect to shure replacement cable.

Its hard to find a replacement of e4c's beautiful female vocal on market.

See my pictures uploaded for the modified e4c.

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 5
I am VERY interested in this E4C mod.  Where do you get the proprietary connectors?  Even if I had to buy a pair of se215's off ebay to get them, I'd think it's worth it.  

Does using the new cables affect the sound at all?

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 5
I live in Hong Kong and there is a shop here provide earphone mod service.

After use the proprietary connectors, I can freely use their original cable or upgrade the cable. I am now using Shure original detachable cable without sound distort.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #5 of 5
I am VERY interested in this E4C mod.  Where do you get the proprietary connectors?  Even if I had to buy a pair of se215's off ebay to get them, I'd think it's worth it.  

Does using the new cables affect the sound at all?

Btg_audio can do this for you for 45.00 or so and you can use the shure mmcx cables

To the op if you are already seeking btg you are on the right track he is the man with modding iems to use with detstchable cables and imo how nuch he charges to hus quality of work. Really he could ask for more money and still get it. Repairing the iems are cheaper tgen buying a new set of iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back