Shure E2c's...JUST got em!
Oct 21, 2003 at 7:08 AM Post #31 of 84
I was comparing them because I own both...and was just surprised at how they sound comapared to the higher priced Ety's...and whats wrong with comparing 2 items that aren't in the same price range? I'm a bargain shopper and if I know I can pick up something that sounds great AND save a bunch of money over a higher priced item...and I see people giving high marks to the cheaper product in comparison..I'M THERE!!

Oct 21, 2003 at 7:32 AM Post #33 of 84
yes on the breakin.

Oct 21, 2003 at 7:48 AM Post #34 of 84
I think it's appropriate to compare the E2's and ER4's. Less which is better, than how much the ER4's are for the price. Since so many members pretty much write off the ER6's as only making you want to immediately jump to the ER4's, it's pretty easy to think of the E2's and ER4's as being the decision points. Probably not right to leave the ER6's out of it, but that's how my mind worked. It was are the ER4's that much better?

Course then there's the fact the thread starter replaced his ER4's with E2's. Another reason to compare.

Oct 21, 2003 at 8:11 AM Post #35 of 84
very good point, now that i think about it it goes like this - compare E2 to the 4s, and the E5 is out of the league of the etys based on price alone.

Oct 21, 2003 at 4:45 PM Post #36 of 84
but yet, er4/e5 was the big comparison lately...
i guess it's all apples to oranges to pears.
i wouldn't say that any of these cans are really in direct competition with the others, insofar as pricepoint alone is concerned...
BUT, there are only so many canalphones out there at the moment...so what else *could* you really compare each against?
also, remember comfort figures BIG into the equation.
if it sounds great, but hurts like hell...

kell

Oct 21, 2003 at 6:17 PM Post #39 of 84
I use either E2C's or Sony V6's as my portable phones, and one thing I've found that hasn't been mentioned: the type of music you listen to can make a big difference with the Shure's. I generally listen to heavy rock, and was fairly underwhelmed by the sound quality of the Shure's. They didn't sound bad, just not as good as I was expecting. A little while back I loaded some songs with a lot of acoustic guitar onto my Ipod, and was blown away. The guitar's on Jack Johnson's "On and On" sounded better than I have ever heard them, and I found myself playing tracks over and over again just to listen to the instruments. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination, but I think a person's musical tastes could play a large part in their perception of the E2c's.

One other thing I've found is that the foam inserts sound much better than the silicon, in my opinion. They have a warmer sound, to my ears, and don't sound as hollow. I also find them much more comfortable.

Oct 21, 2003 at 9:08 PM Post #41 of 84
I don't know how the others are....but the E2's block out sound very well. As a test the other day, I used a chainsaw while listening to tunes.....no problem...seriously. It was just a buzz in the background.

A great tune with the E2c's is Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts "Digging My Potato". It's got great harmonica and really solid slow drums which are full of rich clear bass towards the end. A fun song to hear "two dimensions" at the same time. Highly recommended.

Oct 21, 2003 at 9:11 PM Post #42 of 84
Wow, I'm getting the E2 next week hopefully. No cash
frown.gif

After all these e2 vs ety4 thread lately, it's really helped my decision. I hope these can isolate the bus engine + it's radio/people.

Oct 21, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #43 of 84
Quote:

I use either E2C's or Sony V6's as my portable phones, and one thing I've found that hasn't been mentioned: the type of music you listen to can make a big difference with the Shure's. I generally listen to heavy rock, and was fairly underwhelmed by the sound quality of the Shure's. They didn't sound bad, just not as good as I was expecting. A little while back I loaded some songs with a lot of acoustic guitar onto my Ipod, and was blown away. The guitar's on Jack Johnson's "On and On" sounded better than I have ever heard them, and I found myself playing tracks over and over again just to listen to the instruments. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination, but I think a person's musical tastes could play a large part in their perception of the E2c's.

hey kixyll. i too have the mdr-v6's (actually mdr-7506's, but same thing... love em by the way) and i'm also planning on getting the e2's. how do the two compare in sound quality?

this is the kind of music i listen to: Radiohead (mostly), Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, NIN, Beatles, Sigur Ros, GYBE!, System of a Down, Prodigy, Rolling Stones, ...etc.

it's either the px200's or the e2's. (this is getting really hard now)

Oct 21, 2003 at 9:56 PM Post #45 of 84
Quote:

its worth it just to hear I Will on the e2's...its like he's singing straight into your brain.

eek.gif

ok... that just sold me right there. guess px200's are out now.

now all i need is a comparison in sound quality with the e2's and v6's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back