Shure E2c's...JUST got em!
Oct 21, 2003 at 2:26 AM Post #16 of 84
Quote:

Originally posted by sygyzy
Did we all just order them at the same time? I just got them today too. The only complaints are:

1. Hard to figure out the correct way they are supposed to sit.

2. The smallest sized silicon insert does not work for me
frown.gif
It's too big. Unless I am doing something wrong

Use a silicon sleeve that's larger, that doesn't really "fit" in your ear canal. The silicon sleeve they come with aren't supposed to fit inside the canal, it's meant to sit outside the canal and make a seal right at the opening.

Oct 21, 2003 at 2:29 AM Post #17 of 84
I'm using a Sharp DR7 unamped at this point. I just contacted Norm over at Headsave and he suggested me buying the new and improved Headsave "Intro"?? I told him what i had for phones and thats what he recommended...anybody disagree?? I had a SuperMini v3 I just sold...I liked it but am looking for something better.

Oct 21, 2003 at 2:31 AM Post #18 of 84
the intro should be nice - a downsized META42 etc. He also stocks them and they are pretty damn cheap. For me, whatever Norm says, goes.

Oct 21, 2003 at 2:31 AM Post #19 of 84
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan the audioman
Can someone post a "comparison" of the shure e2c and the etymotic er-4p/er-4s? Im interested as to how they will match up to each other.

I am on the edge of buying one of them and am not sure which one yet. Please help me out.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

The short of it.. is that ER-4 is better than E2c in terms of sound quality.. but ER-4 is nowhere as near comfortable. It depends on your intended use... I find it next to impossible to jog with the ER-4, but you can jog with the E2c.

ER-4 has a much better tonal bass (still not boomy like headphones, but its presence is better than E2c's).... and even though E2c has a clear and pronounced midrange (I think even more pronounced than the ER-4's), ER-4's midrange is more resolute, with much better clarity. In that sense, E2c's midrange just sounds louder, I suppose
wink.gif

To Rizumu's Question...

People who like a lot of bass might prefer KSC-35 over possibly both of these earphones. You have to appreciate the midrange clarity and resolution in order to understand these earphones. KSC-35 has a incredibly clear bass for its price, but its midrange and high end resolution comes nowhere near either one of these phones. KSC-35 is a very good entry point, but I wouldn't say it's really for audiophiles. It's more for the casual, everyday listening.

Oct 21, 2003 at 2:37 AM Post #20 of 84
I have the KSC 35's and really like those as well. After a while I forget I'm wearing them
smily_headphones1.gif
...very comfy but no isolation to speak of. I liked the sound of the Ety's, but my god I just couldn't get them to fit comfortably. In my opinion they might sound a little better than the Shure E2c's, but they are not that much better sounding that I'd prefer to wear them uncomfortably over the very comfy E2c's. And price wise...there's NO WAY in my opinion that the Ety's are $120 better than the Shure's. I'm taking that $120 I saved, buying a new AMP...and I'm pretty SHURE I'm gonna be a happy fella
smily_headphones1.gif
...Nice sound, comfy fit, good isolation, brand new amp...OH YEAH baby!

Oct 21, 2003 at 2:37 AM Post #21 of 84
first time i've said this - use search. there is a sweet comparison of the two only a few days back.

Oct 21, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #22 of 84
Hey milo you got it down man. I think im gonna follow your path and use the money i saved to buy my the Xin supermini I've always dreamed of!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

From what ive heard recently in this post and others, the er-4p's's arent $120 better, and i agree!

thanks man

Oct 21, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #23 of 84
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan the audioman
...From what ive heard recently in this post and others, the er-4p's's arent $120 better, and i agree!

...or are they?
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #24 of 84
dont make it hard for me....anyway chances are ill end up getting the er-4p's later

....or maybe i should get the er-4p now and get the e2c shure later....ahhh what to do!!!!

Oct 21, 2003 at 3:58 AM Post #25 of 84
Quote:

Originally posted by morphineheart
I couldn't get the silicon tips to work for a long time, too, until I realized they weren't supposed to stick as far in as the foamies. I usually use the medium foamies, but when I finally figured out the silicons, it was the large ones that fit. They're still not as comfortable as the foamies, though, to my ears.

Yeah seems like everyone is saying they are not supposed to go that far in. Just at the edge.

Oct 21, 2003 at 4:23 AM Post #26 of 84
I was wondering how the e2's are when it comes to just walking around because i'm gona be walking around with them on my college (rutgers) campus. is it really that unsafe/unpractical ??

this is the kind of person i am: most of the time i dont wear my glasses JUST because i dont give a **** at seeing things/others far away... only put on those bad boys when i'm in class or something. To me it's like an impressionist painting... all these other faces/things aren't important to me unless they're right by me (a friend, a girl, my ihp-100). of course it sux when my friend tells me to check out a girl a ways back... and all i see is blur....
redface.gif

so my point with that is that i don't really think i'll care too much if i don't hear 23db of outside noise... i'll be so into my music, i wouldn't really care about anything else.

(maybe i'm just *****t in the head
wink.gif
)

Oct 21, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #29 of 84
Quote:

You are running a very high risk of running over by cars... err.. I wouldn't recommend it if you're not at least "watching" where you're going
wink.gif

LoL... ok i'll put on my glasses whenever i'll use the e2's

Quote:

I dont understand why you guys are even trying to compare the E2 to the ER-4. They arent even in the same price range...

...and i thought i was a noob

Oct 21, 2003 at 6:25 AM Post #30 of 84
Quote:

Originally posted by SteeleBlayde
I dont understand why you guys are even trying to compare the E2 to the ER-4. They arent even in the same price range...

You're probably right. They'd be better compared to the ER-6 as they're in the same price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back