Shure E2c's...JUST got em!
Dec 14, 2003 at 8:31 PM Post #76 of 84
Tell it, brother! My god, i remember years ago thinking, "$50 for headphones?! I'm not spending $50 for a pair of headphones!" Now, a pair of HD600s, triports (don't laugh), e2cs, and ER-4Ps later.... sigh.....

Quote:

Originally posted by metal_monger

This forum is the bane of my wallet, I was pretty set on getting some Grado 225's and now I am also tempted on some shure e2/e3 (cant wait for reviews) and some Ety's for a more isolated application. I would use grado's for home. I bought some senn 200 about a month or two ago because they seemed to be the one size fits all, but ******* the upgrado bug hit me! I know im gonna end up getting the Grado rs-1 and Shure e5's in a year or two, after I have bought the Shure e3/ety 4p and grado 225! God help me! [/B]

Dec 14, 2003 at 8:49 PM Post #77 of 84
Quote:

Originally posted by davidtoc
Tell it, brother! My god, i remember years ago thinking, "$50 for headphones?! I'm not spending $50 for a pair of headphones!" Now, a pair of HD600s, triports (don't laugh), e2cs, and ER-4Ps later.... sigh.....

once again welcome to head-fi

Dec 15, 2003 at 7:52 AM Post #79 of 84
The E3 actually has a hybrid design... They designed it so you can wear it both over the ear or just straight through... for those people who's complained about the over-the-ear design.

Dec 19, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #80 of 84
Well, I just bought a pair of E2cs, and I love their sound. Granted, there still a bit light on bass (I'm a hardcore basshead
basshead.gif
) for my taste, but the clarity of the sound is amazing. These are my first audiophile-level headphone, so my impressions might be a bit exagerated. The only qualm with them that I find is that the silcon tips are extremely uncomfortable, and they give me a "popped" ear effect (not unlike the "airplane" effect). I must be doing something wrong. On the other hand, I love the foam inserts.
biggrin.gif

Now, I was wondering about the sound quality differences between the foam and silicon tips... anyone find a drastic change between them?
My other question, to those of you who have a pair of the E3cs, is the differences between the 2 buds... how do they compare, and would it be worth it, for me, to sell my E2cs (which I think I overpaid to get... $109 total
mad.gif
) to buy E3cs? I know lindrone, among other people, have compared the E3cs to the E5s and Ety ER-4s, but no one has compared them to the E2cs.
Thanks for the help. :)

Dec 19, 2003 at 10:20 PM Post #82 of 84
well, itll be a bit more than $80.... considering I'd have to sell my E2cs and lose at least $30 on them :frowning2:

Dec 19, 2003 at 10:36 PM Post #84 of 84
EVIL
very_evil_smiley.gif

Since I live in Bozeman, maybe I can strike a deal with Headroom (which is not, stupidly, where I bought my e2cs
frown.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back