Shure E2c's...JUST got em!
Oct 20, 2003 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 84

milo

New Head-Fier
I just got a pair of Shure E2c's today...and after reading all the different opinions of these phones and the ER4p's (I have both) I was curious...so I tried em on today and first thing I noticed was that these are much more comfy than the Ety's. And as far as sound goes...I LOVE em! And this is unamped...(I'll be picking up a headsave transit within the next couple of days)...the Ety's are great...don't get me wrong...BUT the Shure's hold thier own very well....so much that my Ety's are going to a new home tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif
...Comfort and Great Sound...these are by far going to be my new favorites
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 84
wow this is just the post i needed to convince me to get the e2's (still not sure though). do you have any sound quality/ comfort/portablity comparison's besides the ety's. I"m considering on getting the px200's, but now i'm not sure. I own a pair of mx300's (came with my ihp-100) and mdr-7560's.

Oct 21, 2003 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 84
is this the first time someone has actually sold ety's to make way for a different pair of in ear phones? old timers, help me out here cuz i've never seen it
plainface.gif

Oct 21, 2003 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 84
I just got my pair today too!! Love the sound. Amped or unamped they really sound great. Are the triple flange ear piece available for these phones?

Oct 21, 2003 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 84
Unfortunately, the triple flange is not available for the e2's...

I like the E2's midrange presentation over the ER-4, actually... and the comfort of the E2's is far above the ER-4. ER-4 still has a better overall tonal range... E2 has less bass and not as defined in the high-end.

ER-4 still makes an overall better sound, but I can understand the trade-off for the comfort and portability.

Oct 21, 2003 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 84
I had both the PX200's and the PX100's...I liked the PX100's MUCH better than the 200's...just didnt like they way the PX200's fit or their sound to be honest...just wasn't what I thought It'd be. Just sounded BLAH
frown.gif
. The PX100's were very warm and had excellent bass. Just my 2 cents
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 84
oh man. i cant wait for the E2s, they will prolly be the first phone to make me want to run! er ... that is i dont run as much as i want, but running with awesome sounding tunes is going to be the best. plus, i run at the beach, so barring tidal waves there is no downside to the isolation
3000smile.gif

Oct 21, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #8 of 84
Did we all just order them at the same time? I just got them today too. The only complaints are:

1. Hard to figure out the correct way they are supposed to sit.

2. The smallest sized silicon insert does not work for me
frown.gif
It's too big. Unless I am doing something wrong

Oct 21, 2003 at 1:12 AM Post #9 of 84
I've had E2c's for a few weeks now. Not as good as KSC-35's...but for high noise areas, they are keepers.

I think the bass is excellent, the mid range is slightly flat, high end is weak......but they are the best and most comfortable cans I've used so far for mowing the lawn or using at football games etc..

Oct 21, 2003 at 1:25 AM Post #10 of 84
I agree with Wolfen. The midrange of the E2c is flat and the high end weak, which to me makes them slightly boring to listen to. Still, the comfort and isolation that they provide make them worthwhile. The Ety's have much better sound reproduction but the discomfort makes them hard for me to use. I would have to remove them after 10 minutes.

Oct 21, 2003 at 1:36 AM Post #11 of 84
Isolation on these phones is great. Actually was suprised at the bass. Was expecting much weaker bass than they provide. If not for the isolation, I would prefer my Koss35's. Plus the "cool headphones" factor.
cool.gif

Oct 21, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #12 of 84
What's your source/amp, milo? I'm rather surprised to hear you prefer the E2c to the Ety ER-4P when others (if not for isolation) wouldn't even prefer them to the KSC-35. Is it mostly because of comfort you prefer the Shures?

Oct 21, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #13 of 84
Quote:

Originally posted by sygyzy
The smallest sized silicon insert does not work for me
frown.gif
It's too big. Unless I am doing something wrong

I couldn't get the silicon tips to work for a long time, too, until I realized they weren't supposed to stick as far in as the foamies. I usually use the medium foamies, but when I finally figured out the silicons, it was the large ones that fit. They're still not as comfortable as the foamies, though, to my ears.

Oct 21, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #14 of 84
I had my heart set on the ER4s, but when the E2s came up at the right price, my wallet took over the heart. I've never heard the ER4s, but they would be hard pressed to sound much better(to me) for the price.

The foamies also work better for me. I haven't tried using larger silicone tips and not pushing them as far in my ear. The silicone tips are not very comfortable to me, but I used the smallest and tried to jam them as far as possible. Not a good idea.

Oct 21, 2003 at 2:16 AM Post #15 of 84
Can someone post a "comparison" of the shure e2c and the etymotic er-4p/er-4s? Im interested as to how they will match up to each other.

I am on the edge of buying one of them and am not sure which one yet. Please help me out.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back