Shure E2c soft sleeves coming 2/15/05!
Feb 18, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #151 of 291
When is this order going to be placed?

I am about to order some e2c's and I don't know what size to order for these ultra soft flex tips since I've never had canalphones before. I don't want to spend more than what I have to, but I want to save money on shipping and get in on this if possible.

My hears aren't huge, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use a large. How long do these last normally? Should I order more than 1 pair of smalls and 1 pair of mediums, or will these ultra soft flex tips last awhile?

Feb 18, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #152 of 291
Ok MD, shure is fixing my order, so can you take me out of the group buy again? Sorry!

Round of applause for MD for doing this for us. I know it can't be easy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikerTek
My hears aren't huge, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use a large. How long do these last normally? Should I order more than 1 pair of smalls and 1 pair of mediums, or will these ultra soft flex tips last awhile?

My ex71 sleeves have lasted about a year and a half, and are as good as the day I bought them. These should be very similar (can anyone comment?), so I have no reason to think you need to get more than one pair unless you plan on losing one (or modding them). I think most people wear mediums, but if you are unsure, get more than one. I wear the small ex71 sleeves, but using th brohken mod, the sleeves are too small to hold the shures in place in my ear.

Feb 18, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #153 of 291
ANNOUNCEMENT: Update + info!!

sleevechart8a.jpg

The Shure dealer that I contacted as far as I know is willing to do this, and right now he says he is contacting Shure about pricing and availability. Unofrtunately, he is quite busy and says he will let me know "sometime next week". Still, at least I know things are getting done!

Feb 18, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #155 of 291
EEK!!!
Mine says 0 small 0 med. I would like 3 small and 3 med please.
BTW I apreciate your time and effort in this. I can see this taking up a good portion of your own free time.

Feb 18, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #156 of 291
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rkawa
EEK!!!
Mine says 0 small 0 med. I would like 3 small and 3 med please.
BTW I apreciate your time and effort in this. I can see this taking up a good portion of your own free time.

I added you twice accidentally. Look up the list, I got you.

Feb 18, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #157 of 291
I'm no longer unsure. I'd like 1 pair of small, med, and large! Thanks
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #160 of 291
I got the soft sleeves today:

comfort: Amazing! sooo much better than the regular flex sleeves, and moreso than the foamies too.

size: could only use the small foamies. putting the flex sleeves in felt like taking my virgin ears to a **** shoot...
first i tried to small soft sleeves, and they fit fine. Then the mediums, and they fit too, a little tighter. I'm going to try the mediums for a while.

isolation: not as good as the foamies, but pretty close.
sound: it sounds a little different. i havent scrutinized it much yet...i think the bass might be a little better with the foamies

overall: my foamies and steel flex sleeves are now put to rest.

revision: with the mediums, the right earbud kept slipping out of my ear canal; smalls stay in better for me

Feb 19, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #162 of 291
ANNOUNCEMENT: Update

sleevechart9.jpg

Thanks for the mini-review, Jmmmmmmmmmmmm. It was quite helpful.

Feb 19, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #163 of 291
I'll take one pair of each size please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back