shure dj headphones burn in vs pre burn in?
Jan 2, 2011 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
i have the shure srh750dj headphones and they sound ok but whats the difference between burn in and pre burn in. also how long does it take to burn in. i love these headphones but they sound bad compared to my 60$ pioneer se m390 over ear headphones. thanks for all the help in advance.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 17

Quote:
Perhaps they're just not for you dude. What's so bad about them?

audio clarity wise the shure headphones are way better but they have distorions and i thought it was because they were not burned in. because i have heard practically nothing but praise about these headphones. my pioneer headphones are ok but have extremely high distortion on the vocals. the shure distort on the instrumentals.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #4 of 17

Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps they're just not for you dude. What's so bad about them?

audio clarity wise the shure headphones are way better but they have distorions and i thought it was because they were not burned in. because i have heard practically nothing but praise about these headphones. my pioneer headphones are ok but have extremely high distortion on the vocals. the shure distort on the instrumentals.

but not all instrumentals distort. mostly guitars. drums sound spectacular.

and some songs dont distort at all

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 17
New music? :p

Well give us an example of a song that distorts. We can see if the song is beyond hope for nice headphones.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
New music?
tongue.gif

Well give us an example of a song that distorts. We can see if the song is beyond hope for nice headphones.

this is one of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k6Z1njxma4

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #8 of 17
Jan 2, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #9 of 17
bump

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
New music?
tongue.gif

this is one of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k6Z1njxma4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0okZ-xzTME

that tends to distort aswell

Hah, I love Finsterforst! I know you're going to hate this, but I didn't hear much distortion on my Wangs when I tried some other Finsterforst. With guitars anyways. They're rather recessed on the treble/mids though.

Jan 2, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
almost every thread you've been in you were praising them and recommending them... why such a change in opinion?

i still really like them i just find the distortion in the mids tahts all.

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #13 of 17
Man that first link you gave me, was a pain to listen to, I'm sorry but I don't see how people complain about rap so much but listen to this, oh well.

To the point, I head no distortion in this song at all, i mean NOTHING and I am also using the SRH750DJs plugged directly into my laptop with no amp or dac.  However, I know of this issue cause I seem to be having it also with some of my songs, maybe some are just recorded bad but still I have a ALAC file and even that sometimes seems to sound distorted, I'm kinda confused right now. Im listening to the second link you posted and this also has no distortion, sounds pretty clean to me, but I really feel like punching this yelling guy in the face, but thats totally my own opinion :)

Long story short, no distortion on either of your two links but I hear it in some of my music sometimes.

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
Well, are you listening to cds or mp3s? Bit rate makes one hell of a difference with a good pair. I hope you're not streaming from youtube.

this is quite an old thread and the problem was i was listening to them at to high of a volume. but thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back