SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Jun 13, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #76 of 590
Is that TW2 your idea, are you starting an internet rumor? :D
By any means necessary :beyersmile:. One a serious note I can’t see them naming the next one TW1 again as it was recalled but I could be wrong and if not you heard it here first. Lol. But as long as they fix it I don’t care what they call it.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #77 of 590
I was expecting it to be re-released under the same name. But then they might want to distance them self from a failed product, but calling it TW2 while not having anything new than the previous versions doesn't seem smart either. I hope we'll know soon.

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #78 of 590
I don't see any need fora new name... some Units obviously had a problem with charging, nothing else. That's not a kind of failed product that taints a name...
they will fix that issue, and the QA issue that let those units out of the door, and that's that. Hopefully they are ready soon...

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #79 of 590
Looks like it is not just the charging issue. I was happy with the TW-1 with the charging workaround. The new firmware fixed the intermittent connection issue. BUT this morning the left earpiece refused to connect to the right one and giving a very strange on-off-on-off connecting problem on the phone. Anyone else have this issue and any possible solution? I have tried to reset a few times (put both in the charger, hold both buttons for 7 sec), re-pair so many times to different phones to eliminate phone problem.

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #80 of 590
I’ve also been waiting for the RMCE-TW1, but the wait may be long now. In the meantime, I’ve been using my trusted little EarStudio ES100 with my iPhone XS Max or Apple Watch 4. Until the TW1 v.2 becomes available, would it be worthwhile to get an RMCE-BT2, mainly from an audio quality point of view?

Jun 25, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #81 of 590
I’ve also been waiting for the RMCE-TW1, but the wait may be long now. In the meantime, I’ve been using my trusted little EarStudio ES100 with my iPhone XS Max or Apple Watch 4. Until the TW1 v.2 becomes available, would it be worthwhile to get an RMCE-BT2, mainly from an audio quality point of view?

I don’t think there’s a v2 coming, just a working v1...
The ES100 is more versatile in that you can drive many different in-ears and headphones, not just in-eats with MMCX connector, but overall I‘m quite happy with the BT2 at the current price. Works really well with the SE846, is compact and offers play/pause as well as volume control (which the TW1 doesn’t have as far as I understand)

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #82 of 590
Thanks. So would you say that, if I use my SE846 with the ES100, I would not have to / should not buy a BT2? The BT2 is CA $75 in Canada (circa US $55).

I don’t think there’s a v2 coming, just a working v1...
The ES100 is more versatile in that you can drive many different in-ears and headphones, not just in-eats with MMCX connector, but overall I‘m quite happy with the BT2 at the current price. Works really well with the SE846, is compact and offers play/pause as well as volume control (which the TW1 doesn’t have as far as I understand)

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #83 of 590
Thanks. So would you say that, if I use my SE846 with the ES100, I would not have to / should not buy a BT2? The BT2 is CA $75 in Canada (circa US $55).

I think that depends on how you like to use your SE846. I keep my SE846 wired because I like to use it with my DFC and like the flexibility to use it directly out of my phone's headphone jack or an ES100 when traveling (a spot which will now be taken over by my Qudelix 5K). The ES100 was ok to me but after a while I felt it was a bit muddy/congested and something about the way it sounded bothered me so I stopped using it (some people love their ES100 so just my personal preference).

I mostly use my BT2 with the SE535 (never tried with the SE846) but I think it is great if you can get over the form factor (that dongle/clip can get annoying). If you don't care for EQ and want less wires, you won't lose any SQ by getting a BT2 but they are very different styles and serve different purposes. I prefer using my BT2 over the ES100. Keep in mind, BT2 doesnt have LDAC if that is important to you. At only $50 bucks I thought about getting a second as a backup (I paid much more for my BT2) but I ended up having to send my SE535 in for repair and then my 5K finally came (so I am switching my 535 to a balanced cable to play with my new toy). In my opinion, the 5K sounds better than the ES100 with the SE846.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #84 of 590
I see... thanks for all the details.

I use the ES100 with both my iPhone XS Max and my Apple Watch 4, so only AAC is relevant to me. About EQ, being a purist, I like to listen to un-altered music, so I rarely use it. Regarding the BT2, though, I think I’ll pass since it seems it has no benefits over the ES100, other than it can be had for a low price now. The TW1, when it will be re-released, has a major advantage for being true wireless, i.e. no cables, and that’s why I’m eyeing it.

Do the Shure devices (TW1 and BT2) accept dual Bluetooth connections like the ES100 does? Also who’s making the 5K? Where is Qudelix based, in which country?

P.S. Do you use both the SE535 and the SE846? My SE535 have been collecting dust since I’ve got the SE846 in February 2014.

I think that depends on how you like to use your SE846. I keep my SE846 wired because I like to use it with my DFC and like the flexibility to use it directly out of my phone's headphone jack or an ES100 when traveling (a spot which will now be taken over by my Qudelix 5K). The ES100 was ok to me but after a while I felt it was a bit muddy/congested and something about the way it sounded bothered me so I stopped using it (some people love their ES100 so just my personal preference).

I mostly use my BT2 with the SE535 (never tried with the SE846) but I think it is great if you can get over the form factor (that dongle/clip can get annoying). If you don't care for EQ and want less wires, you won't lose any SQ by getting a BT2 but they are very different styles and serve different purposes. I prefer using my BT2 over the ES100. Keep in mind, BT2 doesnt have LDAC if that is important to you. At only $50 bucks I thought about getting a second as a backup (I paid much more for my BT2) but I ended up having to send my SE535 in for repair and then my 5K finally came (so I am switching my 535 to a balanced cable to play with my new toy). In my opinion, the 5K sounds better than the ES100 with the SE846.

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #85 of 590
I see... thanks for all the details.

I use the ES100 with both my iPhone XS Max and my Apple Watch 4, so only AAC is relevant to me. About EQ, being a purist, I like to listen to un-altered music, so I rarely use it. Regarding the BT2, though, I think I’ll pass since it seems it has no benefits over the ES100, other than it can be had for a low price now. The TW1, when it will be re-released, has a major advantage for being true wireless, i.e. no cables, and that’s why I’m eyeing it.

Do the Shure devices (TW1 and BT2) accept dual Bluetooth connections like the ES100 does? Also who’s making the 5K? Where is Qudelix based, in which country?

P.S. Do you use both the SE535 and the SE846? My SE535 have been collecting dust since I’ve got the SE846 in February 2014.
Qudelix is a nee company based in South Korea and was formed by the same person who designed the ES100 (former CTO or something I believe).

I do use both. Before COVID-19, I kept my SE535 on the BT2 to use wireless while in the office (preferred the sound to my TWS). I currently use it wired with my NAD D3045 (used for my desktop) --> IFI IEMatch (to get rid of some noise) --> SE535 when I need to listen to webcasts or music while it is naptime for the family (or when my son is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in my room). I dont like how the SE846 sounds with the IE Match and I still find the SE535 to have a better fit and comfort for me due to its smaller size.

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #87 of 590
If I may ask, what iEMatch does to sound of these Shure IEMs?
It seems to change the frequency response, which I can hear in the bass with the SE846. Even switching between Ultra and High changes the sound signature. I don't hear this with my other IEMs (such as my SE535s which are what I originally bought the IE Match for) which have a much higher impedance but with the SE846, I hear a difference and that difference bothers me since it is not the way I am used to them sounding. The IE March is great for reducing noise/hiss in some situations but with my SE846, I prefer to use them with my Dragonfly Cobalt or even straight out of my phone.

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #88 of 590
It seems to change the frequency response, which I can hear in the bass with the SE846. Even switching between Ultra and High changes the sound signature. I don't hear this with my other IEMs (such as my SE535s which are what I originally bought the IE Match for) which have a much higher impedance but with the SE846, I hear a difference and that difference bothers me since it is not the way I am used to them sounding. The IE March is great for reducing noise/hiss in some situations but with my SE846, I prefer to use them with my Dragonfly Cobalt or even straight out of my phone.

Our iEMatch adds its own output impedance ( < 2.5 Ohms (High-Sensitivity), < 1 Ohms (Ultra-Sensitivity) to your amp's output, and your Shure SE846's impedance is 9 Ohms, so low. Please see this post that goes into detail with SE846: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...e-from-ifa-2016.818848/page-240#post-15704636

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back