SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Apr 16, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #46 of 594
There are serious problems with these, as well as the units with bundled earphones. Shure is doing a customer return program, and has canceled and is refunding all open orders.

It's disappointing, but it looks like Shure is doing the right thing here.

Just received this e-mail regarding my TW-1 order (*which originally was supposed to have been delivered yesterday):

Thank you for trusting Shure and for recently ordering the Shure AONIC 215 True Wireless Sound Isolating™ Earphones or True Wireless Secure Fit Adapter on shure.com. For almost 95 years, Shure has been striving to be the most trusted audio brand worldwide on stage and in studios. Ensuring outstanding quality in all our products is a key part of who we are, and we pride ourselves in delivering extraordinary audio experience.

Unfortunately, the AONIC 215 Earphones or True Wireless Secure Fit Adapter you recently ordered do not represent our quality standards. Therefore, Shure has started a customer return program and will not be shipping the products listed below. Rest assured that this is not due to any safety issue.

- Bluetooth True Wireless MMCX Earphone Accessory (RMCE-TW1)
- SE215 Clear w/BT MMCX True Wireless (SE215-CL-TW1)
- SE215 Black w/BT MMCX True Wireless (SE215-K-TW1)
- SE215 Blue w/BT MMCX True Wireless (SE215SPE-B-TW1)
- SE215 White w/BT MMCX True Wireless (SE215SPE-W-TW1)

Your order will automatically be cancelled and you will be refunded. We understand that quality is important, and we want to make this right with our customers. In addition to this email, you may also receive an automated cancellation notice from our system within a business day. We apologize for any confusion this may cause.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #48 of 594
There are serious problems with these, as well as the units with bundled earphones. Shure is doing a full recall, with a customer return program, and has canceled and is refunding all open orders.

It's disappointing, but it looks like Shure is doing the right thing here.

Just received this e-mail regarding my TW-1 order (*which originally was supposed to have been delivered yesterday):

Is this a public information or just via email from Shure support to you. It is a bit hard to return stuffs in Japan unless I can show them that there is a recall notice from the company.

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #49 of 594
Email from Shure. I’ve never had a problem with service from Yodobashi though, and I’m sure Shure will make the information known to their dealers. In fact, normally I would have been in Japan from March 20-April 5 and would have bought them from Yodobashi myself rather than directly from Shure. But circumstances prevented that trip this year.

It’s obvious that Shure’s Chinese supplier for these (Innovation Sound Technology in Shenzhen) screwed up. And with the Chinese virus disruptions, one might imagine it will take quite a while to replace the faulty production output.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #50 of 594
Email from Shure. I’ve never had a problem with service from Yodobashi though, and I’m sure Shure will make the information known to their dealers. In fact, normally I would have been in Japan from March 20-April 5 and would have bought them from Yodobashi myself rather than directly from Shure. But circumstances prevented that trip this year.

It’s obvious that Shure’s Chinese supplier for these (Innovation Sound Technology in Shenzhen) screwed up. And with the Chinese virus disruptions, one might imagine it will take quite a while to replace the faulty production output.

Too bad you could not make it to Japan. Stay safe. It is extremely quiet around shopping areas for the past 2 weeks.

I am checking with Shure Japan, see what that say. On a day-to-day use, I like this so much that I might not even replace it unless they already have the new version & in stock.

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #51 of 594
Is it possible to use the RMCE-TW1 in mono mode e.g charging the left and using the right for calls or listen to music with the left and charging the right or connect left side to one device and right side to another device?

Apr 20, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #52 of 594
This isn't a recall. We are taking returns and all or our dealers are waving the return policy. Here's a run down from the email that was going out --

"We are fully committed to our product quality, and to giving you a great customer experience. We currently have a return program in process. If you would like to return this item, please do so through the retailer you purchased it from. You will get a full refund as well as a $100 gift card for your troubles, covered by Shure.

If you purchased it from our website, please contact us here (https://store.shure.com/form--rma) for return details or contact our online sales support group at 800-595-0491. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and look forward to providing you with a high-quality solution in the future."

All of our dealers are honoring a full return with full credit plus $100 store credit to use as you wish.
Best,
Chris
Applications Engineer | Shure, Inc.
(312) 736-6006

Just got off the phone and there isn't a fix that firmware can make.
Doesn't sound like a safety issue, rather a performance issue.
Dammit. I was very impressed.

Question:
Would you return or muddle through?

Apr 20, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #53 of 594
At the moment, I have to muddle through.. no such info from Shure Japan :tired_face:

Btw, I found that if you push the unit down into the charger points, rather than just putting it in, the charging works fine. Tested this a few times and so far so good.

Now if they can just push the firmware for the call issue, that would be great!

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #54 of 594
Just got off the phone and there isn't a fix that firmware can make.
Doesn't sound like a safety issue, rather a performance issue.
Dammit. I was very impressed.

Question:
Would you return or muddle through?
Do you have problems with your unit?

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #57 of 594
So people getting their money back and a 100€ bonus, guess thats not going to be a fast fix. I'm thinking about buying the BT2 until they get the wireless one sortet out.

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #59 of 594
Someone at Shure told me last week that there will be a delay of maybe 6-8 weeks, but no specific date known as of yet. Obviously there was a problem with a first production run that left some units unable to load, so nothing hazardous but not usable. They want to make sure that the next run is up to their quality standards.
Just bought the RMCE-BT2 which dropped to 60€, so I guess I can wait a bit longer... but tempting to free my SE846 from cables altogether.

May 19, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #60 of 594
Yea that's the question I'm struggling with, should I get this BT2 just to have a little less cables with me or just wait.

I got a similar response that the delay is in the weeks category. But of course no guarantee.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back