SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Apr 8, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #31 of 595
Apr 8, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #32 of 595
Making calls with only the right earpiece is the expected behaviour. The bug that I have is that when the call (whatsapp call) is over, music only plays on the right side rather than returning to both. I hope others can test with theirs.
That's a bug with the phone / app where it's continuing to use the HFP stream after the call is over. The headphone itself doesn't control this and doesn't know what app is using A2DP vs HFP.

Apr 8, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #33 of 595
Pictures And Initial Thoughts:
Arrived at 56%/57%. Charging Pod required a 10 minute plug in to "wake up" the charging case.
Pairing was easy and they were detected by the Shure app right away.

All impressions use the s10+ as the Source through the SE846's drivers:
Swapping the drivers was easy, as expected. These easily power the 846's, I have not used environment mode yet.
They fit into the charging pod with the 846's attached and the pod zippered shut easily.

The sound signature and volume level are, to my ears, identical to what the sound the BT2 is giving me thus far. I initially think that they may help the drivers reveal a bit more detail, though I freely admit that could be placebo.

Unlike the BT2, I would remind people that the firmware on these is up-gradable, so features can be added to them in the future. Audio and phone controls are very basic. I have not received a phone call as of yet, so I cannot comment on call quality at this time.

Overall I am very impressed. Hopefully that continue. Will update. It was a long day today and I am tired. Please ask questions, I will answer if I can, when I can.

Clickable Thumbs:
RMCE-TW1 (1).jpg
RMCE-TW1 (7).jpg
RMCE-TW1 (9).jpgRMCE-TW1 (11).jpg

Attachments

• RMCE-TW1 (2).jpg
    RMCE-TW1 (2).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #34 of 595
Does the USB-C cable fit in the case, and how long is it?

Apr 9, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #35 of 595
The cable is approx 36".
If the case is empty, yes the cable would easily store in the charging case. With the earphones in it?
It appears that you could, however when I tried to do that, it wouldn't close completely even when i gently pressed both sides together. I wasn't about to try to force it shut, much less zipper it closed.
I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #36 of 595
Pairing with PC was easy, picked it up straight away.
The rubber is rather stiff, depending on how sensitive the base at the top of your ear is, it may create a friction/pressure point issue.
I noticed a bit of "spot" pain this morning. they are not form-able like the Shure form wired cables. I was able to rotate them back a bit and it took the strain of
the hook off the top a little without affecting sound quality. Depending on the distance from you ear canal opening to the apex of where the device curves over,
these may not be wearable for you.

I will probably have to look at some type of pad or sleeve. These are, performance wise, dead even with the BT2's.
If you like the BT2's, the RMCE-TW1 are a worthy upgrade with the caveat that the price on the BT2 has now dropped to 49.00.
I myself do not miss the "locket" of the BT2 dangling off my ears. The lack of interactive controls other than pause/play and phone answering is a bit annoying, but I am hopeful firmware will take care of that at some point.

Bluetooth connection remains solid in my apartment through a closed door at approx 25 ft.

The 215 bundle is already sold out on the Shure site of every color.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #37 of 595
I can confirm that there seems to be a glitch in the charging pod.
The left side seems to not charge properly, Shure Play says the right side charges in full and the left side does not.
I am contacting Shure.
Edit:
After a little "wiggling", the left side has seemingly caught and is charging.
This may be a design hiccup.

I will update.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #38 of 595
The left side seems to not charge properly, Shure Play says the right side charges in full and the left side does not.
I am contacting Shure. Is not good.

Similar behaviour when I got it. Since the first full charge, I have not re-charged it. Will use it until empty and then try to recharge.

Apr 10, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #39 of 595
The left side seems to not charge properly, Shure Play says the right side charges in full and the left side stalled out at 49%, barely above what it was..
I am contacting Shure.
Edit:
After a little "wiggling", the left side has seemingly caught and is charging.
This may be a design hiccup.

A work around on the charging issue:
When I put the left receiver in first, it started and stopped. I put it in again and it started charging.
I put the right one in and it started charging as well. When the light went out L97%/R98%.
Seeing as every battery is a bit different, this isn't a surprise.

IMO, if you have this, put the left one in first and let it begin charging, then put the right one in.

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #41 of 595
After a few days and a flat battery, did the left side first to make sure it start charging, then the right one. Next day, the left is fully charged while the right is still empty. This does not give me any confidence with the charging!

@jetpacksam , how was the comparison between wireless and wired on the SE846?

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #43 of 595
Does anyone know what their "sound isolating technology" is? I thought its shures name for active noise cancelling but apparently not?

This is for the Aonic 215, which is foam-as-the-sound-isolation 'technology'..
For the Aonic 50, there is another thread somewhere in this forum that mentions about the technology.

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #44 of 595
The 215 has no anc, and honestly, with the proper sleeves, I've never needed anc on iem's.
In terms of wired vs these, I would say there's probably about a 10% loss of signal, same as the BT2.
The trade off for me is not big deal.

We’re sorry you’re having issues with your recent AONIC 215 Earphone purchase. We are fully committed to solving this issue, and will be in touch shortly with next steps.
They haven't gotten back to me yet.
Charging them now. Will update.

Apr 16, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #45 of 595
RE: RMCE-TW1 - Left Ear Piece Not Charging Properly: [ ref:_00D1I1Uyte._5001IVVDRW:ref ]
Inboxx
Mon, Apr 13, 2:19 PM (3 days ago)
to me
Hi Darrel,

Thanks for contacting Shure. This is case number XXXXXXX. Please reference this number if you ever need to call us about this case.

Thank you for reaching out. We’re sorry you’re having issues with your recent AONIC 215 Earphone purchase. We are fully committed to solving this issue, and will be in touch shortly with next steps.
Best,

Chris
Applications Engineer | Shure, Inc.

With all the nuttiness going on the delay is understabable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back