SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Apr 5, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #16 of 590
Day 2...

1. After finishing a whatsapp call on the right earpiece, music only resumes on the right earpiece. Have to disconnect bluetooth before resuming music on both set.
2. Battery level is stable at L:70 R:70 after 2 hours with about 40% volume level.
3. Ambience mode is amazing. Clear and transparent. Previously with wired SE215, it is a hassle to remove the earpiece to listen to people. Now I don't have to remove it and it's awesome.
4. I will continue to use until totally dead before charging and measuring time to full charge.
Can you measure or approx how big is the case?

Apr 6, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 590
Can anyone compare to the RMCE-BT2? currently have my SE535s on the BT2 but would love to ditch the dongle if not sacrificing anything else.

Apr 6, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #19 of 590
Can you measure or approx how big is the case?

Circular diameter is 10cm. Heigh (Depth) is 3.5cm.
Since this is not as hi-tech as the Sony WF's, you can put them into a pelican case, without charging of course.
Or hang it in the pocket trouser if not using.

IMG_20200406_1450536.jpg

IMG_20200406_1454051.jpg

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #21 of 590
Where did you buy them from already? Is the amp output impedance really 17 ohms, or is that for the SE215 in the bundled version? Does it sound bad on the 9-ohm SE846 compared to the RMCE-BT2?

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #22 of 590
Where did you buy them from already? Is the amp output impedance really 17 ohms, or is that for the SE215 in the bundled version? Does it sound bad on the 9-ohm SE846 compared to the RMCE-BT2?

I got mine from Yodobashi camera in downtown Tokyo. Not sure whether the 17 ohms is reference for the SE215 or not but it seems likely (from the 'net). You will have to wait for
jetpacksam's update on the SE846.

Apr 7, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #23 of 590
FedEx screwed the pooch and botched my delivery, claiming they tried, yet I was here all day and no one came by. I am hopeful for tomorrow.

I did not get the separate ones. I had needed some low end "burner" 215's anyway so I went ahead and got the package,
intending to move the 846's to the RMCE-TW1, basically scoring the 215's for 50.00.

IMO:
There is no reason to think that they would develop a completely different version of the RMCE-TW1 for the 215 bundle than the one in the stand alone option. Therefore the specs will be the same.
It doesn't make sense on the money side for them to make 2 different versions.

I Do not have a good way to do an unboxing video so I will take a boat load of pics with my s10+, Inc. the spec sheet.
Waiting (swear).

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #25 of 590
Someone mentioned that phone calls only worked with the right earpiece. Is that a bug or is it only possible to take phone calls with the right earpiece?
It's by design, they even mention this in their how-to guide :

jetpacksam: looking forward to your thoughts on this, no pressure hah, I have a pair of 846s too and I'll probably get a pair if they sound decent with the 846s

Apr 8, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #26 of 590
Supposedly ready to pick up today at 1. Knock on wood.
I understand there being precautions needed, but you could post on your FedEx website that deliveries cannot be made inside apartment buildings.
If I'd known that, I'd have done the local hold thing.

Hopeful.

Apr 8, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #27 of 590
Someone mentioned that phone calls only worked with the right earpiece. Is that a bug or is it only possible to take phone calls with the right earpiece?

Making calls with only the right earpiece is the expected behaviour. The bug that I have is that when the call (whatsapp call) is over, music only plays on the right side rather than returning to both. I hope others can test with theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back