SHURE CUTS THE CORD: RMCE-TW1 / TW2 - THE TRUE WIRELESS THREAD
Apr 3, 2020 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 590

jetpacksam

100+ Head-Fier
f54f183683c73e6b19065b7bca781a80.pnga4c3d5e41d46149a23574fac1d731292.pngc77a8165db94a013dac0fe5865d8bfd3.png
PRODUCT DETAILS

IN THE BOX
  • 1 - RMCE-TW1 Wireless Adapter set
  • 1 - Premium charging case - 3 LED Battery Strength Indicator With A Power Level Check Button
  • 1 - USB-C charging cable - Approx 36" Long
  • $229.00
    Preorder Today
    Get it by Wed., Apr. 15

Shure RMCE TW1 @ Shure.com

Teaser Trailer

Short Overview On Youtube From AMS

Shure Instruction Booklet/PDF

Easily transform any Shure earphone into True Wireless with the Secure Fit Adapter

TRUE WIRELESS SECURE FIT ADAPTER COMPATIBLE WITH DETACHABLE SHURE SOUND ISOLATING™ EARPHONES

• True Wireless Adapter
      easily transforms any detachable Shure Sound Isolating™ Earphones into true wireless (Earphones sold separately).

• Secure, over-ear fit
      Your earphones stay in place for unmatched, long-wearing comfort even during high-energy activities.

• Environment Mode
      Hear the outside world with the touch of a button

• Up to 8 hours battery life
      Uninterrupted audio wherever you are – on the train, in the gym, or at work. Included carrying case provides three additional charges for a total of up to 32 hours battery life on-the-go.

• Premium headphone amplifier

• Bluetooth® 5 wireless technology

• ShurePlus™ PLAY app

• Sold as a pair (left and right)

• Shure RMCE-TW1 True Wireless Secure Fit Adapter Specifications
    • Transducer Type: Single High-Definition MicroDriver
    • Sensitivity: (@1 KHz)107 dB SPL/mW
    • Impedance: (@1 KHz)17 O
    • Noise Attenuation: Up to 37 dB
    • Frequency Range: 21 Hz –17.5 kHz
    • Input Connector: MMCX connectors
    • Net Weight: 20.8 g (.7 oz.)
    • Operating Temperature: 10°C to 45°C (50°F to 113°F)
    • Storage Temperature: -10°C to 35°C (14°F to 95°F)
    • Supported Code: csaptX, SBC, AAC
    • Working Range:10 m
  • ANTENNA:
    • Type: Chip
    • Gain: -4.32 dBi (left), -2.73 dBi (right)
  • BLUETOOTH 5:
    • Operating frequency: 2402MHz-2480MHz
    • Modulation scheme: FHSSRF power+4 dBm (E.I.R.P.)

Attachments

• f54f183683c73e6b19065b7bca781a80.png
    f54f183683c73e6b19065b7bca781a80.png
    294.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 590
Wow. Interested if it'll sound anywhere as good as the BT2.

Apr 3, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #4 of 590
Supported Codecs
aptX™, SBC, AAC

No LDAC, not even aptX HD ...

There's no true wireless earphone with these codecs either. Best I've seen is aptX. There's only so much space...

Apr 4, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #6 of 590
I'm guessing the lack of multipoint, LDAC and AptX HD/LL is due to the selection of available TWS chips, or battery constraints? I would very much consider these for my SE846s if they were feature-competitive with my existing ES100, which sounds fantastic driving them. Or if they were cheaper they could give new life to my old SE425s as TWS earphones that actually sound good. As is, I just can't see spending this much on my old 425s, and I don't want to wear out the MMCX jacks on my 846s by swapping cables every time I want low latency or top quality audio.

Apr 4, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 590
Got the Aonic 215 yesterday.

Pro's:
Nice fit to the shape of my ear.
Familiar SE215 sound signature. Cannot tell the difference between wired and wireless.

Con's:
No forward/back functionality, only play/pause, turn on/off ambience mode and on/off function.
Phone works only on the right ear.

To be monitored:
Charging seems to be broken out-of-the-box.

Use case:
Compared to my Sony WF-1000mx3, the fit is great for me. No fear of losing them while walking or running.
This is not for those who is looking for functions. This feels really industrial and tough.

Comparisons:
I got the ES100, WF-1000mx3, SE215LE with BaX cable. Each has it's own sound signature. I have stopped worrying about bluetooth codex a long time ago and just enjoy the music. All of them have no lag, sounds full-bodied. The lack of multi-point is disappointing (including the sony).

Apr 4, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #9 of 590
Got the Aonic 215 yesterday.

Pro's:
Nice fit to the shape of my ear.
Familiar SE215 sound signature. Cannot tell the difference between wired and wireless.

Con's:
No forward/back functionality, only play/pause, turn on/off ambience mode and on/off function.
Phone works only on the right ear.

To be monitored:
Charging seems to be broken out-of-the-box.

Use case:
Compared to my Sony WF-1000mx3, the fit is great for me. No fear of losing them while walking or running.
This is not for those who is looking for functions. This feels really industrial and tough.

Comparisons:
I got the ES100, WF-1000mx3, SE215LE with BaX cable. Each has it's own sound signature. I have stopped worrying about bluetooth codex a long time ago and just enjoy the music. All of them have no lag, sounds full-bodied. The lack of multi-point is disappointing (including the sony).

Hi,
Nice little primer.
Could you explain a bit more about the charging issue?

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #10 of 590
Hi,
Nice little primer.
Could you explain a bit more about the charging issue?

Sure can. Battery measurement is from the Shure Play application.

Out of the box: L:54% R:54%
Used both for about 1 hour.
Replaced them into the charging cover. Took a few times to re-adjust the set until the red charging light turns on.
Left it for 4 hours.

Took it out: L:64% R80%
Used both for about 1 hour, L:45% R:74%
Replaced them into the charging cover and left it for 7 hours
L:90% R:93%

Today's plan is to use it all day and measure total run time and continue to monitor the battery charging issue.

Cheers.

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #11 of 590
Did you have to alter the form factor you had them in for a custom fit? that may be why the contacts didn't pair up.

A complete guess, but the charging case probably splits the current between the two, so they wouldn't charge at the same rate maybe?

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #14 of 590
Day 2...

1. After finishing a whatsapp call on the right earpiece, music only resumes on the right earpiece. Have to disconnect bluetooth before resuming music on both set.
2. Battery level is stable at L:70 R:70 after 2 hours with about 40% volume level.
3. Ambience mode is amazing. Clear and transparent. Previously with wired SE215, it is a hassle to remove the earpiece to listen to people. Now I don't have to remove it and it's awesome.
4. I will continue to use until totally dead before charging and measuring time to full charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back