Shure AONIC 50 -
Aug 7, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #1,231 of 1,309
Hey all need advice. I've been loving these headphones but the headband separated recently. I want to send them in but Shure won't tell me whether or not they'll cover it under warranty, I mistakenly purchased them on Amazon, but from a third-party seller. They were new, 100% legit, etc. But I'm worried that if I spend $20 + time to send them in Shure is going to come back and ask for $180 just to replace the headband. Anyone with experience have input? Will Shure honor the warranty? And anyone else have this issue?

I had the exact same issue still under the warranty period, sent the cans to Shure (in the original packaging) and they sent me back a new pair in “my” original packaging. They didn’t seem refurbished or repaired. I believe a new pair. Still enjoying them a lot.
Mind you, I live in Portugal, bought them on Amazon.es (don’t know if directly or third party seller, I believe directly) contacted the distributor in Spain, sent them there, got them back... all good for now.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #1,232 of 1,309
Hey all need advice. I've been loving these headphones but the headband separated recently. I want to send them in but Shure won't tell me whether or not they'll cover it under warranty, I mistakenly purchased them on Amazon, but from a third-party seller. They were new, 100% legit, etc. But I'm worried that if I spend $20 + time to send them in Shure is going to come back and ask for $180 just to replace the headband. Anyone with experience have input? Will Shure honor the warranty? And anyone else have this issue?

1659807905643.png
same within 3 months... not impressed

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #1,233 of 1,309
Poor quality. It's not serious.
TTGqB.jpg
TTGz1.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #1,234 of 1,309
Just bought Aonic 50 for my travelling to Asia at the end of August. Sound wise, without EQ, it sounds pretty harsh and anemic. I tried the EQ in the app and it didn't do anything at all at first, then I updated the firmware and now it is working. I use Oratory1990 EQ as a guideline and now it sounded pretty good. The EQ is quite good and advance than other wireless headphones.
The Aonic 50 takes the EQ pretty well too so it is quite easy to get a good sound. The ANC is pretty weak on normal but I don't really mind it as long as the sound is good and not bloated like most wireless ANC headphones.
I also bought this wireless transmitter for airplane that has SBC, AAC, AptX HD, Adaptive and LL.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082G2Z1WS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #1,235 of 1,309

1659807905643.png
I had this exact thing happen twice. Both times the Norwegian importer sent me a new pair, so that was nice. After this i figured it was eventually going to happen again, so I bought a cheap "headband-cover" from AliExpress and have never given it a thought since then.
AliEx_LINK

Attachments

• PXL_20220818_054817086.jpg
    PXL_20220818_054817086.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 18, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #1,236 of 1,309
I had this exact thing happen twice. Both times the Norwegian importer sent me a new pair, so that was nice. After this i figured it was eventually going to happen again, so I bought a cheap "headband-cover" from AliExpress and have never given it a thought since then.
AliEx_LINK
Oh, I also have similar to your headband cover from day one :) maybe that is why my headband is still ok ....

20220818_172017.jpg

Sep 16, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #1,237 of 1,309
I am eyeing Shure for my first closed back BT ANC headphone, drawn mainly by its premium build quality and EQ capability.
What is really holding me back is the issue of sound signature changing under max ANC setting, according to measurements posted earlier in the thread.
Now, I know that this headphone is highly underrated because nobody reviewed it after firmware updates. I checked the changelog and there is a note about subbas reponse being fixed, could someone confirm if it fixed the bass under max ANC?

Also, how do earpads compare to SRH 840 pads? I use them right now on my Fostex T50RP and while they arent the deepest they fit my ears well. Do SRH840 pads fit Aonic 50? Or perhaps someone tried Alcantra pads from SRH1540? :)

Sep 19, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #1,238 of 1,309
AliEx_LINK

Could you please repost the link for that headband, please (because the link you sent takes me nowhere). Are you happy with it? It looks like neoprene material. Does it heat up your head too much? I have a shaved head so any headband heats up a lot. A “cooler” option would be good. By the way, I also have that same great mouse.

Sep 27, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #1,239 of 1,309
Could you please repost the link for that headband, please (because the link you sent takes me nowhere). Are you happy with it? It looks like neoprene material. Does it heat up your head too much? I have a shaved head so any headband heats up a lot. A “cooler” option would be good. By the way, I also have that same great mouse.
I'm not shure how these AliExpress links works when posting here; but TRY THIS.
I like it, It's cheap and basic but works fine. I think it is neoprene material, and like you my head is also shaved but I've never thought about it being hot in any way.(YMMW)
At least I'm not bothered about the original headband coming loose/splitting open anymore, it might already have again but I don't know about it :wink:

Sep 28, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #1,240 of 1,309
I'm not shure how these AliExpress links works when posting here; but TRY THIS.
I like it, It's cheap and basic but works fine. I think it is neoprene material, and like you my head is also shaved but I've never thought about it being hot in any way.(YMMW)
At least I'm not bothered about the original headband coming loose/splitting open anymore, it might already have again but I don't know about it :wink:
The link seems being re-directed, it's better to search the item number - 1005002359581560

Dec 2, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #1,241 of 1,309
Its a shame these Phones have only 15 Volume Steps in Wireless Mode. That's too unprecise to get the right Volume. I think this is because iOS Restriction. Would be great if there was a Android Mode with 50 or more Volume Steps. Maybe possible via Firmware Upgrade in next time.

Dec 2, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #1,242 of 1,309
Its a shame these Phones have only 15 Volume Steps in Wireless Mode. That's too unprecise to get the right Volume. I think this is because iOS Restriction. Would be great if there was a Android Mode with 50 or more Volume Steps. Maybe possible via Firmware Upgrade in next time.
Have you tried using the more precise full-screen volume control in Control Center? I use this often to get more precise, finer-grained volume steps than are possible just using the volume up/down controls, I don't have my Aonic 50 with me but it works for all BT headphones I've tried so far:

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 4.20.33 PM.jpeg

Dec 2, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #1,243 of 1,309
Have you tried using the more precise full-screen volume control in Control Center? I use this often to get more precise, finer-grained volume steps than are possible just using the volume up/down controls, I don't have my Aonic 50 with me but it works for all BT headphones I've tried so far:

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 4.20.33 PM.jpeg

Thanks for the Advice but I´m using a Android Smartphone. I know there is the Option "Deactivate Absolute Bluetooth Volume" with this I can even use 150 Volume Steps on my Samsung Smartphone, but the downside of this Option there is a loss of SQ. It´s always better to let the Receiver DAC (Shure Aonic 50) handle the Volume.

Dec 2, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #1,244 of 1,309
I doubt the Shure's volume increments have anything to do with iOS; there are plenty of bluetooth headphones (such as the B&W PX8) that have incredibly granular volume steps from the buttons on the ear cup. It's been a while since I've listened to the AONIC 50 but I don't remember the steps being that big, on iOS at least. Sounds incredibly annoying, though.

Dec 2, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #1,245 of 1,309
Thanks for the Advice but I´m using a Android Smartphone. I know there is the Option "Deactivate Absolute Bluetooth Volume" with this I can even use 150 Volume Steps on my Samsung Smartphone, but the downside of this Option there is a loss of SQ. It´s always better to let the Receiver DAC (Shure Aonic 50) handle the Volume.
Ah, bummer -- yeah, got confused because you mentioned an iOS restriction. 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back