Shure AONIC 50 Headphones and AONIC 215 Earphones
Apr 7, 2020 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 110
True wireless earphones and a new competitor in the Noise-Canceling war.
shure-aonic-50-brown-02__55710.1585927319.jpg
Shure AONIC 50 Noise-Canceling Headphones

Enjoy premium, wireless studio-quality sound engineered from decades of professional experience. No cords. No wires. Adjustable noise cancellation eliminates distractions for a truly immersive listening experience. Shure provides headphones for the professional audio industry – people who wear headphones all day for a living. So, creating comfortable, high-quality headphones with studio-quality sound is in the Shure DNA. Built to withstand the rigors of the road with long-wearing comfort and durability. Folds flat for portability with a protective carrying case. Adjustable noise cancellation to eliminate distractions for a truly immersive listening experience or flip the switch to Environment Mode to hear the outside world. The ShurePlus™ PLAY app allows you to customize your noise cancellation and Environment Mode levels. Free to download for iOS and Android.
  • Premium, wireless studio-quality sound - engineered from decades of professional experience. No cords. No wires. Just pure listening anywhere you go.
  • Sound Isolating™ technology - blocks up to 37 dB of noise to eliminate distractions. Enjoy the most immersive listening experience no matter where you are.
  • Environment Mode - lets you hear the outside world with the touch of a button.
  • Up to 20 hours battery life - provides uninterrupted audio wherever you go – on the train, airplane, at work or home.
  • Long-wearing comfort and durability - built to withstand the rigors of the road. Folds flat for portability with a protective carrying case.
  • Fingertip Controls - for quick access to answer calls, adjust volume or pause your music with the push of a button.
  • Premium headphone amplifier - and support for multiple codecs including Qualcomm® aptX™, aptX™ HD, aptX™ Low Latency audio, Sony LDAC, AAC, and SBC.
  • Bluetooth® 5 wireless technology - for enhanced stability and a range of up to 30 feet (10 meters). Pairs to phones, tablets, and laptops.
  • Connect to wired sources - with 3.5mm analog audio input to stay connected to any device, including airplane entertainment systems, or USB-C digital input for charging and High-Resolution audio.
Includes a two-year warranty, AONIC 50 Wireless Headphones, protective carrying case, 3.5mm audio cable, and a USB-C charging cable. Available in two color options (black or brown)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
shure-aonic-215-earphones-01__61969.1585576086.jpg
Shure AONIC 215 True Wireless Earphones

The AONIC 215 offers awe-inspiring, true wireless audio with clear sound and deep bass in a secure, over-ear fit. Built with the same design musicians use for in-ear monitoring on-stage. Your earphones stay in place for unmatched, long-wearing comfort even during high-energy activities. Components developed for the pros inform every aspect of these earphones, for a precision-engineered sound that combines clarity with deep bass. You hear the highs, the lows and everything in between. Proven through performance on the stage, it’s a powerful escape for the street. Own your audio space with Sound Isolating™ design that eliminates distractions or activate Environment Mode to hear the world with the touch of a button. Sound Isolating™ technology blocks up to 37 dB of noise for the most immersive listening experience no matter where you are. A complete fit kit of custom sleeves makes your earphones uniquely yours. Settle in for marathon listening sessions with audio that feels better and stays securely in place. The AONIC 215 Earphones attach to different cable accessories. Stay connected to any device, including airplane entertainment systems. ShurePlus™ PLAY app allows you to customize your Environment Mode and monitor battery levels. Free to download for iOS and Android.
  • Awe-inspiring, true wireless audio with clear sound and deep bass - No cords. No wires. Just pure listening.
  • Secure, over-ear fit - Built with the same design musicians use for in-ear monitoring on-stage. Your earphones stay in place for unmatched, long-wearing comfort even during high-energy activities.
  • Sound Isolating™ technology - blocks up to 37 dB of noise to eliminate distractions. Enjoy the most immersive listening experience no matter where you are.
  • Environment Mode - lets you hear the outside world with the touch of a button.
  • Up to 8 hours battery life - for uninterrupted audio wherever you are –on the train, in the gym, or at home. Included carrying case provides three additional charges for a total of up to 32 hours battery life on-the-go.
  • Detachable connection - allows the AONIC 215 Earphones to attach to different cable accessories. Stay connected to any device, including airplane entertainment systems.
  • Premium headphone amplifier - and support for multiple codecs including Qualcomm® aptX™, AAC and SBC.
  • Bluetooth® 5 wireless technology - Bluetooth® 5 wireless technology for enhanced stability and a range of up to 30 feet (10 meters). Pairs to phones, tablets, and laptops for music and calls.
Includes a two-year warranty, AONIC 215 Detachable Sound Isolating (TM) Earphones, True Wireless Secure Fit, Adapter set, fit kit with a variety of sleeves for the perfect fit, a charging case, and USB-C charging cable. Available in four color options (clear, black, white, blue)

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 7, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 110
Buetooth multipoint? I'd like to use both iPhone and MacBook without the need to re-connect. In current WFH situation it becomes handy to use same headset for both devices. Oh my, is it headset (incl. microphone) at all?

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 110
Does this Wireless set-up work with all the other Shure IEM's of similar design? It's seems it should based on the design....

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 110
Buetooth multipoint? I'd like to use both iPhone and MacBook without the need to re-connect. In current WFH situation it becomes handy to use same headset for both devices. Oh my, is it headset (incl. microphone) at all?
According to I believe it was SoundGuys, these have Multipoint Bluetooth Pairing.

These are looking like a real winner. I have my pair arriving Thursday. Can't wait. I'm hoping these can replace my Dali io-6 which is outdated/below average in every area but Sound.

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #7 of 110
My first TW IEM's are the PowerBeats Pro....and I had no idea how wonderful truly wireless 'phones were to use....I now listen to them walking the dog, doing yard work and washing my truck...simply incredible sound for system that is not totally lossless.

Now with these Shure set ups...you can pair many of their other IEM's with the Wireless clips...great idea! You would think it would be eventually possible to have lossless in a TW solution as well!

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #8 of 110
According to I believe it was SoundGuys, these have Multipoint Bluetooth Pairing.

These are looking like a real winner. I have my pair arriving Thursday. Can't wait. I'm hoping these can replace my Dali io-6 which is outdated/below average in every area but Sound.
Would love to hear your thoughts on those. Especially compared to the Dali IO-6 which I have at the moment, but still able to return them. Sound wise they're the best Bluetooth headphones I did ever listen to.

Apr 7, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 110
Would love to hear your thoughts on those. Especially compared to the Dali IO-6 which I have at the moment, but still able to return them. Sound wise they're the best Bluetooth headphones I did ever listen to.
Agreed. The Dali io-6 for me are the best sounding wireless/ANC headphones out, and I've listened to most if not all. My issues with the Dalis are weak ANC, lack of app/firmware updates, lack of features/multipoint pairing, and poor awareness/environmental mode. I LOVED the B&W PX7, which I owned before the Dalis, when it came to features, but didn't love the sound. I've always said that if you took the PX7, added the Bose 700's microphone, and added Dali's sound, you'd have the best wireless ANC headphones ever. The AONIC appear to have all the features the PX7 has and more. The reviews so far are praising the microphone, ANC, features, and Sound. If the reviews are accurate when it comes to microphone, ANC effectiveness, and features, and the sound is as described across the board, we'll have the best/most complete wireless ANC headphone on the market.

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #10 of 110
My issues with the Dalis are weak ANC, lack of app/firmware updates, lack of features/multipoint pairing, and poor awareness/environmental mode.
I actually like a not too agressive ANC. And I talked to the Dali support a few days ago and they said there are no firmware updates yet, but if there are, they will be available via USB. About the Awareness mode, its kinda useless, that's true. It should at least kick in automatically if you answer calls.

I LOVED the B&W PX7, which I owned before the Dalis, when it came to features, but didn't love the sound. I've always said that if you took the PX7, added the Bose 700's microphone, and added Dali's sound, you'd have the best wireless ANC headphones ever. The AONIC appear to have all the features the PX7 has and more. The reviews so far are praising the microphone, ANC, features, and Sound. If the reviews are accurate when it comes to microphone, ANC effectiveness, and features, and the sound is as described across the board, we'll have the best/most complete wireless ANC headphone on the market.
I can only speak of the Bose and PX7 for what I have read, but that's totally my opinion :wink:

Apr 8, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #14 of 110
I'd love to believe it, but button for answering the call doesn't imply headset functionality. I still may need to hold phone near my mouth :frowning2:

I asked Shure support to confirm.
Here is a review: https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/shure-aonic-50
"On phone calls with other iPhone users, the audio sounds crystal clear through the earcups, and callers said we sounded clear to them, as well."

Should be clear enough that those have a microphone.

And to be honest. I never saw any pair of Bluetooth headphones without a mic. No matter what price range :wink:.

Apr 8, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #15 of 110
Here is a review: https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/shure-aonic-50
"On phone calls with other iPhone users, the audio sounds crystal clear through the earcups, and callers said we sounded clear to them, as well."

Should be clear enough that those have a microphone.

And to be honest. I never saw any pair of Bluetooth headphones without a mic. No matter what price range :wink:.
I'm a technician. I learned to not create assumptions without proof ☺️. Anyway, product page should contain clear specifications including microphone and also bluetooth multipoint support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back