What did I miss?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 10
Bug fan of Shure construction but.... Bought them, returned them

They suck compared to UE TripleFi

535 are more comfortable but SQ is immensely better in the TripleFi

What did I miss?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

well, you  bought the se535 which is a mid forward iem, and compared it to the tf10 which is V shaped sound signature, both are completely different. 

as far as the sound quality being better, personally and ive owned both the se535 and tf10...if you listened to the tf10 for a long time and then listened to the se535 your perception is going to be biased to what you hear in the tf10 vs what you hear in the 535....sound quality is much better with the 535....but for you, you might just prefer the tf10

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm not even a fan of the Shure sound and I think saying the tf10 is much better is wrong. They're totally different sounds. It's like if you like apples instead of blueberries and claim Apple pie is technically superior to blueberry pie.

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 10
I'm not even a fan of the Shure sound and I think saying the tf10 is much better is wrong. They're totally different sounds. It's like if you like apples instead of blueberries and claim Apple pie is technically superior to blueberry pie.

very true. i think what people dont get is when you get to a certain point, nothing is ''BETTER'' OR ''WORSE''  just DIFFERENT. different sound signatures different emphasis's in frequency. you cant go back and fourth and truly get used to a certain signature of iem

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #7 of 10
the 535 has bass. more quality than quantity, but it also depends on amplification/dac's interconnections ect...when i had my se535 i listen to edm and somewhat bass heavy music and felt amplified the 535's bass was ample. its not overpowering. but you have to take into consideration that the se535 is more about quality of bass then quantity.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #8 of 10
I don't think the Shure SE535 sucks. They have a certain sound that you simply have to get used to. I hated the Shure SE535 at first because it sounded thin as I was into V-shaped headphones. But now I think they are perfect for an IEM. Why?

1. Rolled off treble which prevents fatigue, thus it's great for long listening sessions all day.
2. It has an enhanced bass since it's not rolled off like reference headphones. But this is to compensate for the forward mids which would otherwise make the bass sound thin. The bass is amazing on the Shure SE535. If you listen to Dance music like Trance or pop music, you'll be impressed. It's a very clean and tight bass which is the good kind of bass. 
3. Most of the music is in the mids and this is were the Shure SE535 shines. It's a really clear mid smooth sound. So you don't need to crank up the volume in order to enjoy your music which reduces hearing damage and fatigue. 

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #9 of 10
love my 535,terrific IEM and the only thing I have heard that is better is the 846 which i think is the best i have heard and i have heard a ton

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 10
  love my 535,terrific IEM and the only thing I have heard that is better is the 846 which i think is the best i have heard and i have heard a ton

haha yeah, but the 846 are 1k lol...and in that range there are alot of other choices unless you completely are set on the sfhres. when you get into a price range like that then there are a ton of other universal options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back