Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 19, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #2,641 of 3,872
My Tape Pro finally shipped today and I also love EJ07 and consider it my benchmark too. I’m confident in Shuoers tunings as each one I own is done well. I still use original Tape off and on and never heard the shouty bits others heard but my ears are lacking in some areas because of cymbal hits over the years. What a great year for IEMS.

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #2,642 of 3,872
My Tape Pro finally shipped today and I also love EJ07 and consider it my benchmark too. I’m confident in Shuoers tunings as each one I own is done well. I still use original Tape off and on and never heard the shouty bits others heard but my ears are lacking in some areas because of cymbal hits over the years. What a great year for IEMS.
We look forward to hearing your feedback and findings! When you expect to get it? So annoyed still no news about my order...

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #2,643 of 3,872
Its due between Dec 4th and Dec 31st, so probably next year with all the current delays and all.

Nov 19, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #2,644 of 3,872
However the other thing I find interesting is that there are some universally agreed TOTL IEMs... UM MEST, Z1R being the two that stand out to me. Would love to try the MEST in CIEM format some day. Z1R I think is a no-go for me due to the odd size/shape.
It does seem that the MEST is pretty universally recognized/appreciated, if nothing else, for its technicalities, however, I can certainly imagine it not being a great tuning for a lot of some people, especially if one is very sensitive to treble. While it’s not one of the particularly risky recommendations, such as the original Tape, it is not a very safe recommendations, such as the LZ A7.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #2,645 of 3,872
ha!
It does seem that the MEST is pretty universally recognized/appreciated, if nothing else, for its technicalities, however, I can certainly imagine it not being a great tuning for a lot of people, especially if one is very sensitive to treble. While it’s not one of the particularly risky recommendations, such as the original Tape, it is not a very safe recommendations, such as the LZ A7.

All I can say is the MEST treble is completely within enjoyment levels for me. This is why I rated it like I did. EST drivers sound more like a high res DD than BA. BA treble is unforgiving and metallic for myself and am actually done with it. No more BA treble sets for me ever. I've heard so many that I know at this point its not so much the treble being a certain frequency curve as the BA drivers in the treble region just suck. Please forgive me for this harsh statement but I am standing by it.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #2,646 of 3,872
All I can say is the MEST treble is completely within enjoyment levels for me. This is why I rated it like I did. EST drivers sound more like a high res DD than BA. BA treble is unforgiving and metallic for myself and am actually done with it. No more BA treble sets for me ever. I've heard so many that I know at this point its not so much the treble being a certain frequency curve as the BA drivers in the treble region just suck. Please forgive me for this harsh statement but I am standing by it.
Maybe I didn’t write what I meant to say. I really like the MEST, and it sounds superb to me. I completely agree with you regarding the EST drivers. Based solely on the MEST graph, the treble looks frightening to me, but doesn’t sound that way at all. The treble is not harsh at all, and BA drivers producing such a treble FR curve would be intolerable to me most likely (though I don‘t think I’m quite as intolerant of BA treble as you). That being said, while the treble is maybe it’s strongest asset, there is still a lot of it, so those that are very treble aversed, might not like it. Also, those that like a more prominent pinna gain/upper midrange might not like the signature that much. Basically saying the MEST is not a universal recommendation IMHO.

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #2,648 of 3,872
BGGAR posted Tape vs Tape Pro... check it out on his channel.

Reaffirmed initial view that the pro is a true improvement across the board, although bass tend to be more focus on quality than quantity...the drop of that unpleasant shoutyness is so welcome to a lot of us I believe

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #2,649 of 3,872
BGGAR posted Tape vs Tape Pro... check it out on his channel.

Reaffirmed initial view that the pro is a true improvement across the board, although bass tend to be more focus on quality than quantity...the drop of that unpleasant shoutyness is so welcome to a lot of us I believe
Well I'm patiently waiting for the Tape Pro. They were shipped over a week ago but the tracking is immobile and they haven't left China yet. Looking forwards to listening.

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #2,652 of 3,872
“A watched pot.....”

Nov 22, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #2,653 of 3,872
Well good news. My Royal Mail App is picking up the Shuoer Tape Pro tracking number so they are on their way. I reckon up to ten days. Very interesting comparison by the Bad Boy on the Tape vs Tape Pro. Sincere and detailed without any slagging off. Well presented review. It has given me hope for the Tape Pro. Whilst DDs dominate my IEMs, when hybrids are done well generalities become meaningless. There are always a few hybrids that are superb. Lovers of the LZ A7 will know exactly what I mean. Full of BA's and Piezo's yet what a wonderful IEM. TRi's i3 and Starsea, and the true 'Capo Di Tutti Capi' iem, the TRi Starlight, all show the development of some superb hybrid technology. So I am really looking forward to these electret/electrostats, whatever they are called. I am genuinely excited.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back