Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 25, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #2,461 of 3,872
Interesting, they of course got loud enough, but otherwise there's a very obvious difference to me.
well, most iems do sound better with better gear. But the tape should be more phone friendly than most other iems.

Oct 25, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #2,462 of 3,872
Recently, I started listening to the Tape on the Qudelix 5K, using the PEQ to tame the huge upper mid peak. Granted, this takes away headroom, but using the SE output, in high output mode, I had all volumes maxed, and it was still not that loud. I haven’t tried balance yet.

Oct 25, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #2,463 of 3,872
well, most iems do sound better with better gear. But the tape should be more phone friendly than most other iems.

That may be part of the explanation, the C3R tends to be a pretty congenial partner for most headphones and IEMs. It also has a bit of added warmth which may help with the Tapes sound signature flaws compared to the very neutral if not even a bit bright LG V40. However, the Tapes actually don't hit their limit on the volume of the C3R too quickly, 25/100 on low gain isn't even close to too much loudness (that would be somewhere around 37/100 which is more than a few headphones are able to handle). Which would confirm what @IEMusic is experiencing on the Qudelix 5K.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #2,464 of 3,872
Oh gosh, further listening to some songs which are really leaning into upper mids confirms that this is still a very much less than pleasant experience without EQ. On the other hand, something like Sigur Ros' "Svefn-g-englar" sounds incredibly good for an IEM at this price. Tons of detail with excellent bass, soundstage and imaging. If Shuoer manages to make an IEM which keeps the strengths of the Tape while correcting the tuning atrocities and keep at least close to the original price, this will be hard to beat...

Oct 26, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #2,465 of 3,872
Recently, I started listening to the Tape on the Qudelix 5K, using the PEQ to tame the huge upper mid peak. Granted, this takes away headroom, but using the SE output, in high output mode, I had all volumes maxed, and it was still not that loud. I haven’t tried balance yet.
Try checking your phone’s volume, during playback. On my Android phone, the media volume sometimes reverts to the “safe” level; even though I have it set to one notch off of max volume, in settings.

[edit]
i missed the part where you stated all volumes maxed

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #2,468 of 3,872
Yea my local guy confirmed HBB’s set was from Shuoer, currently not available via Linsoul yet but should be available later on.

But for a re-shell fee they’d do it for you I believe. Try contact them via their official email if you can’t wait longer? I’m waiting to do the same once they open up the service to us “poor folks” :D

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #2,471 of 3,872
Tape Pro pre-order is now open in China (taobao) and available on 11th! I wonder when we can order?!! Not on Linsoul/Amazon yet...

According to my contact (Chinese version only he shared attached below), the screws can be undone by included driver and swap around to set bass to your liking. Also apparently can choose both colours, black and silver.
8854484E-84D7-4B08-8A02-F059CB530816.jpeg

Nov 2, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #2,472 of 3,872
Tape Pro pre-order is now open in China (taobao) and available on 11th! I wonder when we can order?!! Not on Linsoul/Amazon yet...

According to my contact (Chinese version only he shared attached below), the screws can be undone by included driver and swap around to set bass to your liking. Also apparently can choose both colours, black and silver.
8854484E-84D7-4B08-8A02-F059CB530816.jpeg
So is the bass adjustment incremental like step 1,2,3 or is it like a volume wheel?

Nov 2, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #2,473 of 3,872
Not sure! From the attach and local translation, it looks we set to be slightly disappointed that the adjustment seemed can done once hence no incremental adjust as initial rumour had...

But sound improvements still huge so let’s see when the actual details coming out in coming days. Still very looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back