Shuoer impressions thread
Aug 13, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #2,191 of 3,872
The closest parallel I see is that the magneto static driver has all of the elements of a balanced armature minus the rod & arm but the magnets & coil are there & the thin magnetically reactive drive element take the place of the arm & rod. Beyond that everything is just positioned & shaped differently. So in reality I would call it a modified balanced armature having some advantages but still sharing some of the limitations & possibly adding some of their own limitations.

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #2,193 of 3,872
The closest parallel I see is that the magneto static driver has all of the elements of a balanced armature minus the rod & arm but the magnets & coil are there & the thin magnetically reactive drive element take the place of the arm & rod. Beyond that everything is just positioned & shaped differently. So in reality I would call it a modified balanced armature having some advantages but still sharing some of the limitations & possibly adding some of their own limitations.
It's actually most similar to a moving armature. It is still subject to the elasticity and magnetic strength of the diaphragm. That said, I think the design could be much better for this format than full size speakers and it looks like the diaphragm may be magnetized via added permanent magnets at it's perimeter. It a dynamic transducer working on the same principles as any cone speaker except without a voice coil attached to a diaphragm. The voice coils are fixed and (in effect) the magnet (ic diaphragm) moves.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #2,199 of 3,872
I just examined and measured the impedance of the Yin Yoo ST7. 17 ohms and change which means the same woofer and rest of the bits are the same as EJ07 as well.

nice!!! finally a measurement. On the flip side the St7 has been discontinued

Aug 17, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #2,200 of 3,872
Is that why we never see the ST7 at around 550 usd during sales anymore?

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #2,203 of 3,872
Probably Shuoer thinks, why I should continue giving out my crown jewel for a huge discount :beyersmile: . Felt like was clear out sale on cost

the ESTs cost over $150 per earpiece alone (Ali listing) without other drivers (they should be A LOT cheaper thou) and material / labour costs...

Just got my fixed ej07 back today, rocking again :D (But felt bass was not as strong as before, not sure if it’s honeymoon period over or they didn’t tune it perfectly...although I value mids/treble more. form tips provided much better punch for me)

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #2,204 of 3,872
Just measured the earpiece itself and resistance without cable is just under 16. Impedance is almost always a bit higher than the resistance measurement on moving coil drivers (which is controlling the DC resistance here) so impedance should be pretty spot on 17 with the ST7 and absolutely within the spec of + or- 2 ohm. It's the same.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #2,205 of 3,872
Probably Shuoer thinks, why I should continue giving out my crown jewel for a huge discount :beyersmile: . Felt like was clear out sale on cost

the ESTs cost over $150 per earpiece alone (Ali listing) without other drivers (they should be A LOT cheaper thou) and material / labour costs...

Just got my fixed ej07 back today, rocking again :D (But felt bass was not as strong as before, not sure if it’s honeymoon period over or they didn’t tune it perfectly...although I value mids/treble more. form tips provided much better punch for me)
Realise using a shorter (stock form tips are tall/thinner from right) but fatter form tips providing the good bass was otherwise missing. Also seals better so overall sound improved significantly. @beanGreen maybe your lack of bass might also after all contributed by tips choice? Any update from Shuoer?
13703C6C-0A8A-418C-9DB1-3AFDDC6A4F4D.jpeg

Trying Shuoer’s single crystal copper + silver cable with my Fiio gives very nice complimentary sound to both the mids and treble. The cable itself is very soft, looks pretty and well-built, only 4-strands.
22461978-7950-43D2-ABF2-15537A067DEB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back