Shuoer impressions thread
Jul 20, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #2,086 of 3,872
Okay so folks, just got my new toy! Have to say without the branding it looks very nice, they have definitely up the build quality as they look stunning in hand. Standard balanced 2.5 cable goes well with my xb10, well made and a lot better many other manufacturers' stock cables for sure. All components are properly secured within the shell, no "rubbish"/finger prints, very nicely hand-build IEM. A bit big for my small ear but luckily it is very light (fit and weight better than Tape for sure) and thanks to the medi grade resin felt very comfortable in ear. 1 year warranty and I have no reason to question its QC (although the package was poorly wrapped come all worn out -- so, only god knows how much suffering it had gone thru during the journey from Shuoer into my hands).

Only took 1 pic as been listening for past 3hrs, so far I can only say, yep, totally agree Redrol's rating (will not go thru his, please check it up via his YT or excel file, very detailed and accurate), no doubt the best IEM (from my very limited experience) I have ever heard. It has plenty bass, in the right weight and not bleed into mids/high; mid is incredible vocal sounds so natural and as if the singers are in front of you; high/treble is fast and detailed, gives out very good sound stage (prob a tack smaller than Tape which seemed as semi open-back with its vents). The immediate feel when first time hearing it, is that it sounds so smooth and effortless, all the notes are in the right place and well separated.

Shuoer indeed has created a wonderful IEM here, for me very likely to be the endgame one, only wish I had found it earlier. Hope they will build on this and introduce even better products with such great price in the future (EST price drop etc. hopefully will allow ej07 be more affordable for the mass). It felt like indeed a combined bl03 + Tape + 846 (since I own all 3), gamble paid off :) - and thanks for those who helped me and provided their honest opinion!
IMG_5657.JPG

Jul 20, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #2,087 of 3,872
Tell us more about the frequency characteristics of the EJ07. I'm still more inclined for some reason to choose EJ07, than to the new tribrids from Thieaudio (so far, there is little information about them and I would not like to make a hasty choice). I am interested in the scene, the division of instruments, and the description of common frequency characteristics of EJ07. There is simply no time to sit with a translator and translate all 130 + pages of the branch. I currently own IEM Rhapsodio Solar, TheAudio Voyager 14, S8f and AAW AXH. What should I expect from the EJ07 versus the listed headphones ? Thank you in advance for your answers
Ideally I am not in any position to advise you here as there are others way more experienced, I am sharing you with my "research/thought-process" in deciding in ej07. Basically, if you look at the fr graph (which never lies), it produce a gorgeous bass and blend into a smooth, silky mids for the vocals and detailed trebles (yes there are some roll off in 10k, my ear/brain don't react much past 9k hence not an issue for me but might be for some), this is exactly what I heard in last 10hrs+ since got it. Some said it is a bit "dark", which I don't agree, as I too like my loud music and ej07 come out shine (singing?!) - just need to be careful don't become deaf ! :)

Another point, BGGAR rate it above the ones you asked, same as Redrol (Michael Bruce @Youtube, he has a very detailed performance breakdown in his ej07 review you should take a look as that is also what you asked and I found my music ear/brain very similarly to his by watching his reviews).

Above are basically the key findings for me to go for the ej07 instead of all others (AAW, JQ, etc. other tribrids), oh boy this thing is just pure magic... all my library sounded completely new and there are so many details / vocals / bass i didn't hear in the past in my 846 (yep I had only used it as kind of serious IEM past 4yrs).

I heard people said Conductor is more "smooth / monitor" type tuning and not as musical, are suited for those who value such, just FYI. And of course, there are the two new Thieaudio Monarch and Clair coming up, reviews should come in soon, perhaps you can wait a bit? But from my current guess, ej07 should retain its special place in the market, I would say should you decided to go for it, you won't be disappointed at all.

Edit* mistake, BGGAR actually prefers AAW (Canary) slightly over ej07, in his A/B/C review he said: AAW just slightly over ej.

Edit**: If you don't like the SOWE branding on the faceplate, you can drop customer a request via email (assuming ordering thru Linsoul) to change to the initials you prefer, in my case I left it empty as you can see from my pic. In case you didn't know and decide to go for the ej :D

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #2,088 of 3,872
Okay so folks, just got my new toy! Have to say without the branding it looks very nice, they have definitely up the build quality as they look stunning in hand. Standard balanced 2.5 cable goes well with my xb10, well made and a lot better many other manufacturers' stock cables for sure. All components are properly secured within the shell, no "rubbish"/finger prints, very nicely hand-build IEM. A bit big for my small ear but luckily it is very light (fit and weight better than Tape for sure) and thanks to the medi grade resin felt very comfortable in ear. 1 year warranty and I have no reason to question its QC (although the package was poorly wrapped come all worn out -- so, only god knows how much suffering it had gone thru during the journey from Shuoer into my hands).

Happy for you, and it really looks nice! Much nicer than prior iterations. Glad you found your end-game......at least for now. See ya in another four years?

I have plenty of time to save up and research, but right now I don’t know whether to go for a tribrid or 64 Audio Nio vs Z1R as an end-game for me.

Jul 20, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #2,089 of 3,872
Happy for you, and it really looks nice! Much nicer than prior iterations. Glad you found your end-game......at least for now. See ya in another four years?

I have plenty of time to save up and research, but right now I don’t know whether to go for a tribrid or 64 Audio Nio vs Z1R as an end-game for me.
Thanks man! Well according to some, there is a worry this thing is not Shure QC equal but let's see whether Chi-fi can come out something soon special made me move to next thing.

Z1R seemed a monster dude! I was consider it too but man I just can't justify the hefty price-tag, specially in Europe (UK RRP ~$2,500/£2,000...), and if it is only slightly better, specially in details, my not so sophisticated ears/brain might not appreciate. Also, it is so huge my already small ear won't be able to enjoy it much.

I should be lurking around still, now that I signed-up :D

BTW, cam across this monster, guess was back in the days when chi-fi was on "driver arms race"... something like RMB20,000~$2,850! Not diverting the thread but anyone has given this a try (guess have to be via ali as not seen in Linsoul)
IMG_7181.PNG

Jul 20, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #2,090 of 3,872
Jul 21, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #2,092 of 3,872
Ideally I am not in any position to advise you here as there are others way more experienced, I am sharing you with my "research/thought-process" in deciding in ej07. Basically, if you look at the fr graph (which never lies), it produce a gorgeous bass and blend into a smooth, silky mids for the vocals and detailed trebles (yes there are some roll off in 10k, my ear/brain don't react much past 9k hence not an issue for me but might be for some), this is exactly what I heard in last 10hrs+ since got it. Some said it is a bit "dark", which I don't agree, as I too like my loud music and ej07 come out shine (singing?!) - just need to be careful don't become deaf ! :)

Another point, BGGAR rate it above the ones you asked, same as Redrol (Michael Bruce @Youtube, he has a very detailed performance breakdown in his ej07 review you should take a look as that is also what you asked and I found my music ear/brain very similarly to his by watching his reviews).

Above are basically the key findings for me to go for the ej07 instead of all others (AAW, JQ, etc. other tribrids), oh boy this thing is just pure magic... all my library sounded completely new and there are so many details / vocals / bass i didn't hear in the past in my 846 (yep I had only used it as kind of serious IEM past 4yrs).

I heard people said Conductor is more "smooth / monitor" type tuning and not as musical, are suited for those who value such, just FYI. And of course, there are the two new Thieaudio Monarch and Clair coming up, reviews should come in soon, perhaps you can wait a bit? But from my current guess, ej07 should retain its special place in the market, I would say should you decided to go for it, you won't be disappointed at all.

Edit* mistake, BGGAR actually prefers AAW (Canary) slightly over ej07, in his A/B/C review he said: AAW just slightly over ej.

Edit**: If you don't like the SOWE branding on the faceplate, you can drop customer a request via email (assuming ordering thru Linsoul) to change to the initials you prefer, in my case I left it empty as you can see from my pic. In case you didn't know and decide to go for the ej :D
So glad to hear you're loving the EJ! I'm really close to taking the leap myself. One question though: You're now the second or third person I've heard say that the EJ sound good, or that the treble sounds right and not dark, when it's played at particularly loud volume. Do you mean loud to the point it's borderline uncomfortable? Does it become fatiguing at all listening that loud? I wouldn't say I listen to my music at low volume exactly, but I definitely don't like it to be so loud it starts to make me worry about going deaf. I actually had to return a dragonfly cobalt I got because although it sounded really nice and a little better than my DFR overall, I had to turn up my music so loud for higher freqs to sound right to me, that the bass guitars and kick drums became kind of painful. Any thoughts on this regarding the EJ?

Jul 21, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #2,093 of 3,872
So glad to hear you're loving the EJ! I'm really close to taking the leap myself. One question though: You're now the second or third person I've heard say that the EJ sound good, or that the treble sounds right and not dark, when it's played at particularly loud volume. Do you mean loud to the point it's borderline uncomfortable? Does it become fatiguing at all listening that loud? I wouldn't say I listen to my music at low volume exactly, but I definitely don't like it to be so loud it starts to make me worry about going deaf. I actually had to return a dragonfly cobalt I got because although it sounded really nice and a little better than my DFR overall, I had to turn up my music so loud for higher freqs to sound right to me, that the bass guitars and kick drums became kind of painful. Any thoughts on this regarding the EJ?
Hehehe I think it is a couple of folks indeed saying that, ej07 is not dark at all, even in usual volume. And the amazing thing about the ej is that, if you crank up the vol, it sounds even better. I don't think you need borderline deaf inducing volume to enjoy it, my xb10 was half way on my iPhone control which is even less than when using Tape (much harsh and uncomfortable compared to ej07) or 846.

I finished 2:30am this morning, having started around 2pm yesterday and not fatigue at all, it is such a wonderful sounding IEM, now my Tape, BL03 and 846 felt as dull, wrong and "terrible", I won't listen to any of them at all (maybe bl03 will as its timbre is amazing)... now i know why top reviewers rank them where they are and rank ej07 so high, it deserves the top ranking no doubt. As a recent owner of ej07, I am comfortably saying that you will love it :D :)

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #2,094 of 3,872
One big reason why the EJ07 is remaining high on my short-list is because in general, I prefer it if the treble is a little rolled off rather than too bright. I would rather be able to turn it up loud w/o making my ears bleed, and when listening at lower volumes, use a little EQ IF needed. The brighter IEMs just get fatiguing so much more easily, and sometimes it can really be challenging to tamp down those bright highs.

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #2,095 of 3,872
One big reason why the EJ07 is remaining high on my short-list is because in general, I prefer it if the treble is a little rolled off rather than too bright. I would rather be able to turn it up loud w/o making my ears bleed, and when listening at lower volumes, use a little EQ IF needed. The brighter IEMs just get fatiguing so much more easily, and sometimes it can really be challenging to tamp down those bright highs.
We both have Tape, and (hopefully you too) agree that in some songs at times having to lower volume as it become shouty and uncomfortable- but on the same vol with ej no more such issue, just pure smooth music. And just been playing a bit with vol, I don’t think xb10 on iPhone at just over the half way (sorry this is my setup) is too loud? But it definitely sounded to its fullest and wonderfulness with a bit vol, my guess could be that the details can come out clearer? Btw, I found sound being just a bit too loud when watching in imax (in UK ones obv) and my listening is defi under that, if this can give folks a bit of feeling of the vol I’m cranking at with my ej07.

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #2,096 of 3,872
Ok cool. That’s really helpful. The FLC iems I own have loads of tuning filters and i keep them set to max sub bass, max bass, and neutral mids and treble. I don’t like too much treble either...was just wondering if you need to really blast your ears to hear the highs properly (as was the case with the Dragonfly Cobalt) or not.

Jul 21, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #2,097 of 3,872
We both have Tape, and (hopefully you too) agree that in some songs at times having to lower volume as it become shouty and uncomfortable-
Definitely. I CANNOT listen to the Tape at louder volumes. Even with using a ton of EQ to tame the upper mids and treble, turning up the volume overpowers all corrections and it becomes shouty. For me, the Tape is an obligate low-volume IEM.

Since you like the EJ07 so much, and have liked the se846 for several years, I think I would really like the EJ07 as well.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #2,098 of 3,872
Definitely. I CANNOT listen to the Tape at louder volumes. Even with using a ton of EQ to tame the upper mids and treble, turning up the volume overpowers all corrections and it becomes shouty. For me, the Tape is an obligate low-volume IEM.

Since you like the EJ07 so much, and have liked the se846 for several years, I think I would really like the EJ07 as well.
Not sure if you recall earlier post which i reported that by applying my EA single crystal silver litz it actually improves Tape across all frequencies and even made it less shouty, very surprised but I loved Tape's brightness and fast signatory with good punchy bass.

However, have to say this to you, after only merely <20hrs with ej, I felt the sound is simply wrong with my other IEMs: Tape, it is now essentially just being shouty and bright but missing the mids, good bass still there though. And as for bl03, it is great in timbre but felt the sound got congested and not very bright/fast; finally to 846, it is lacking sound stage and brightness/fast. In essence, all my previous beloved IEMs now seemed with the "wrong" sound signature! Still remember Tape's shouty impact left in my brain and safe to say i will give it a pass as its now just too shouty for me. 846 just seemed "dull" and "boring". Basically, with ej, all above 3 just seemed incomplete that their sounds were "wrong".

EJ's sound is so smooth, indeed the bass has not fully come out yet, but the mids are so gorgeously smooth (like a proper good vodka out of the freezer - cold silky smooth with the punch in the mix hitting you all together) and the high/trebles are clear & pleasant, great separation and details produced for all genres - so far i came across it didn't do quite well in just one of my songs, guess more to do with that particular song's file/recording quality rather than ej.

Not sure if you can somehow loan one to test it out, will be great if can be like in Japan/China whereby we walk into one audio shop using our setup and testing out different IEMs to choose the best one (pre-covid days I believe one in UK do but they don't have chi-fi :frowning2: ). I am just glad my intense research yield the right outcome and people here had been great helping out too that i am definitely keeping it, I too believe you would love it. Final point, the price in China is so much lower (they don't have full refund/return + cheap domestic courier).

Jul 21, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #2,099 of 3,872
Ok cool. That’s really helpful. The FLC iems I own have loads of tuning filters and i keep them set to max sub bass, max bass, and neutral mids and treble. I don’t like too much treble either...was just wondering if you need to really blast your ears to hear the highs properly (as was the case with the Dragonfly Cobalt) or not.

I use the DFC to power my EJ07: phenomenal pairing. My own sense is that I am not listening any more loudly to my EJ07's than I did my HD650's (for which I used a different amplifier, naturally, at 300 Ohms). Also, even if there are more dissonant noise-songs (something like Skullflower, say, sometimes ALL screeching treble) to which I tend to listen on lower volumes, the treble is nevertheless there at all points. In other words, it is accurate relative to the entire frequency range at any volume, and can be heard as clearly as bass or mids.

The main thing is, the EJ07 requires power, but the DFC has you covered.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #2,100 of 3,872
I use the DFC to power my EJ07: phenomenal pairing. My own sense is that I am not listening any more loudly to my EJ07's than I did my HD650's (for which I used a different amplifier, naturally, at 300 Ohms). Also, even if there are more dissonant noise-songs (something like Skullflower, say, sometimes ALL screeching treble) that I tend to listen on lower volumes, the treble is nevertheless there at all points. In other words, it is accurate relative to the entire frequency range at any volume, and can be heard as clearly as bass or mids.

The main thing is, the EJ07 requires power, but the DFC has you covered.
Word. Thanks for letting me know they go well together. I've had a DFR for a couple years and i got the cobalt to see if id like it better. There's no doubt it has a much richer and more detailed and smoother sound. But for some reason either the treble would sound too laid back, or when I'd raise the volume to where the treble sounded perfect that would make some frequencies in the low end get fatiguing for me. I'm sure that's a result of the pairing of the DFC with my FLC8s IEMs, rather than an issue with the DFC itself. But since the Red has always sounded great to me, I sent the DFC back. Figured that 300 bucks would be better spent towards an EJ or a newer pair of IEMs anyway. Maybe I'll try the DFC again sometime down the line once I buy some new IEMs to pair it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back