Shuoer impressions thread
May 27, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #1,756 of 3,872
I agree. More treble makes me fatigued too fast when listening to metal. ST7/EJ07 is just right indeed.
But I also have to mention that I'm using a custom cable, improving the treble a lot.

As for the EST drivers, for now it is the most natural treble sound that I've heard. It is not so peaky as BA and not so harsh as planar drivers. I'm really fond of it!

Good point! I usually need tame treble when listening to most metal.

May 27, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #1,757 of 3,872
hahah. I kind of make fun of the EJ07 because not only do I love it as the best IEM i've heard but other reviewers say it's dark and has rolled off treble. So I sort of invented my own award for the EJ. In America the shortbus is for 'special' kids. So as a huge fan of a 'special' IEM, I created this dumb award.

It's all just in good fun.
Definitely gonna use that! "The backseat all to my self on the shortbus" ! Where have I been all my life?

THERE!

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #1,758 of 3,872
So the JQ Hua Jiang has a lot more treble presence, based on freq. response graphs, but based on the graphs, I think I would like the EJ07 bass more. It has less mid bass. It seems that the EJ07 midrange is much more prominent, if less warm, than the JQ HJ, since it has less treble and less mid/upper bass.

Looks like it will come down to a matter of preference. Of course, there are so many other factors to consider.

11A5CD2E-FA77-42D4-ACFB-D10EE6FB369A.png

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #1,760 of 3,872
So the JQ Hua Jiang has a lot more treble presence, based on freq. response graphs, but based on the graphs, I think I would like the EJ07 bass more. It has less mid bass. It seems that the EJ07 midrange is much more prominent, if less warm, than the JQ HJ, since it has less treble and less mid/upper bass.

Looks like it will come down to a matter of preference. Of course, there are so many other factors to consider.

11A5CD2E-FA77-42D4-ACFB-D10EE6FB369A.png
Is the JQ Quality better than EJ07. A lot of people within these threads and others still gripe about EJ07

Jun 3, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #1,761 of 3,872
Is the EJ07 a clear Tape upgrade or a step in another direction? Seems like the JQ Hua Jiang would be the more suitable upgrade of Shuoer Tape.
I guess you COULD consider them upgrades of the Tape, but they’re not really direct upgrades, since the tuning, technology, technical capabilities are far superior. The Tape is a fun. but very colored IEM.

Jun 4, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #1,763 of 3,872
Hi, i'm willing to get rid of my current sets (Shuoer Tape, Tri i3, Goldplanar GL20) and move to next step! :)
I am currently undecided in between JQ Hua Jiang, Shuoer EJ07, **** ST7 and Tri Starlight.
Anyone willing to compare?

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #1,764 of 3,872
Hi, i'm willing to get rid of my current sets (Shuoer Tape, Tri i3, Goldplanar GL20) and move to next step! :)
I am currently undecided in between JQ Hua Jiang, Shuoer EJ07, **** ST7 and Tri Starlight.
Anyone willing to compare?
Hello folks,

First post since I have read a lot about Shuoer Tap in this thread and now part of camp! I am an ex SE864 user now much happier with the tape (might return to listen se864 periodically) - always been weighting up whether to move for kse1200 (I know I would have loved the fast and clear sound signature that true est offers) but simply cannot justify the price then stumbled on this thread and alas, all is history.

Secondly, not sure if everyone has caught up with the QC issue - someone on Youtube experimented with a dissection and found that it was the thin wire soldered to the mmcx port fell off resulting in lost of sound... there you go, just in case the same happened to your beloved Tape and certainly hope mine will not have the same fate...

Now, after long winded blah blah blah, perhaps you can try the Shuoer Conductor?! It was out since early May but notice no one outside of China has realised!

Basically a small (welcome?) upgrade to ej07: same 4 sonion est for treble; 2 sonion drivers for mids; 1x knowles for high; and 1x "liquid silicone" 10mm for the low. 8 drivers up from ej07's 7-driver setup. But Face-plate wise, have to say looks amateur they have a lot to do in this department...

Details can be found here but only in Chinese: JD site

Anyone take the plunge please provide reviews!! They are now on sale in Chinese 618 shopping day from CNY5,888 down to 5,388 (1$~7.05). Alternatively, ej07 not only now with a lower price point (from CNY5,888 down to 5,188) but with further 500 off due to 618. Anyone want to take the bargain will have to ask someone to purchase in China and privately ship out to your location it seemed as none available as can ship outside of China.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #1,769 of 3,872
Jun 6, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #1,770 of 3,872

Users who are viewing this thread

Back