Shuoer impressions thread
Feb 1, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #1,427 of 3,872
Anyone try the ej07 vs the bgvp es12?

I just got the Thieaudio Voyager 14 and am comparing with the EJ07. If that counts. The tuning is just really different. The EJ07 holds its own though. It comes down to a large difference in tuning. The 14 has a bit better microdetail above 10k. Does that matter? Not to me so much.

Feb 2, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #1,428 of 3,872
Feb 4, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #1,432 of 3,872
Finished my review of the Shuoer Tape.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shuoer-tape.24059/reviews#item-review-23236
Overall, I think the Tape is pretty decent. A bit pricey at $130 and doesn't beat the tried-and-true single dynamic driver units like the Starfield or T4. It's nice if you want something V-shaped that has treble extension.

I think your take on the TAPE is mostly spot on. Definitely thin on the mids but the bass is very well defined. If it weren't so v-shaped and it's nozzle wasn't so annoying I'd have kept it.

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #1,433 of 3,872
I agree as well. I think the compression issue is a matter of mental burn-in and finding wider bore/the right tips that tame the 4k just a tad, but the signature is very much a well-defined wide soundstage V with colder, thinner mids (especially apparent in vocals). I saw your review on reddit and replied there, as well. Good job!

As far as "not understanding" IEMs, there is nothing to understand, he just judged the sound he heard. It was a detailed enough review and it described pretty well my initial experience with the Tape.

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #1,435 of 3,872
Poppycock. Some people just shouldn't bother writing reviews. Just noise. Absolutely meaningless drivel.

Did he/she get paid for this?

I mention it at the start of the review. I got the Shuoer Tape sent as a review unit in exchange for my thoughts but otherwise I get no other form of monetary compensation.
It would be nice if you could point out what exactly you dislike about my review so we can have a discussion about it.

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #1,436 of 3,872
I just got the Thieaudio Voyager 14 and am comparing with the EJ07. If that counts. The tuning is just really different. The EJ07 holds its own though. It comes down to a large difference in tuning. The 14 has a bit better microdetail above 10k. Does that matter? Not to me so much.
What about the bass? Will you be making a video for a comparison?

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #1,437 of 3,872
Bass extension and overall slam is taken by the EJ07. Voyager is not far behind but likely more accurate as BA's generally are. Quicker, all that jazz. I will be making a video. Unfortunately this is a hobby for myself and It takes me a while to form a real opinion about an IEM. I need about 100 hours to really know whats going on if you know what I mean. The Voyager is amazing in different ways than the EJ07. To be honest my goal is to sell off ALL my other stuff and own both. (EJ07 was a trial which has been sent away).

Feb 5, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #1,438 of 3,872
Bass extension and overall slam is taken by the EJ07. Voyager is not far behind but likely more accurate as BA's generally are. Quicker, all that jazz. I will be making a video. Unfortunately this is a hobby for myself and It takes me a while to form a real opinion about an IEM. I need about 100 hours to really know whats going on if you know what I mean. The Voyager is amazing in different ways than the EJ07. To be honest my goal is to sell off ALL my other stuff and own both. (EJ07 was a trial which has been sent away).
Cant wait to hear your thoughts. You're probably the second person to listen to the voyagers after BGGAR. Have you by chance listened to the anole vx?

Feb 5, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #1,439 of 3,872
Silly Question about the EJ07, which is the left unit and which is the right? XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back