Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 22, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #976 of 3,872
I just read his impressions and I don't see any hate in his remarks. He seems to represent them exactly for what they are. I listen to Blon daily but let's not fool ourselves, these are nothing special besides their tonality. IMO you get better tonality and higher technicalities from E4000 for example. I hate this wave of reviewers who give every single IEM which puts out decent sound 5 star.
are you referring to crin? because he described the T800 as "chi-fi driver spam" and didn't actually formally review it. And the BL-03, while he didn't completely trash it, he seems to think that it's not even good for the $30 price, which I highly disagree with. I don't know what wave of reviewers you're referring to, but I wouldn't pay any attention to someone that gave any IEM that "sounds decent" 5 stars either. I have a lot of respect for crin, but I personally think too many people consider his ratings as gospel, rather than a guy stating his opinions based on his sonic preferences.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #977 of 3,872
I like all reviewers...

When their views are inline with what i think and found for myself.
Otherwise i just respect their opinion and follow my own

Dec 22, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #978 of 3,872
I’ve seen that Hawaii bad boys videos on YouTube. At least I think it’s the same guy.
I like his videos for the most part. But he’s a bit full of himself. Actually a lot.
He acts like he’s giving you his honest opinion about IEMs. But in reality he’s just a “pitchman”
Bullshitter. He may be honest sometimes. But I think that’s just coincidental, he is just hyping
What he’s told to hype. That’s it. I take everything he says with a grain of salt.
You should too, in my opinion.
Ps : I would much rather hear what a Non Reviewer thinks of these IEMs. A person that just purchased
These and tried them out. Not someone that does this as a source of income. It’s bordering on conflict
Of interest. Bad scene. Plus I’m 48 years old and I can spot bull 10 miles away.
Younger people are much more trusting and maybe even a bit naive.

Dec 22, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #979 of 3,872
are you referring to crin? because he described the T800 as "chi-fi driver spam" and didn't actually formally review it. And the BL-03, while he didn't completely trash it, he seems to think that it's not even good for the $30 price, which I highly disagree with. I don't know what wave of reviewers you're referring to, but I wouldn't pay any attention to someone that gave any IEM that "sounds decent" 5 stars either. I have a lot of respect for crin, but I personally think too many people consider his ratings as gospel, rather than a guy stating his opinions based on his sonic preferences.
He did gave Blon a very good grade. Better than lots of more expensive iems

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #980 of 3,872
Linsoul is a high margin store, no wonder they can afford to send free samples for reviewers and maybe even more.
As for me, I'm not a fan of HBB reviews, I'd rather prefer more focused and detailed presentation :-D But with all scepticism I have to admit, that he at least has decent hearing abilities packed with a music taste similar to mine.
My ST7 will arrive tomorrow or the day after, I expect it to be the same inside as current version of EJ07 (Sowe facelate, btw anyone knows why?). Unfotunatelly, the 28core custom made cable I ordered for this iem is still in transit. So the initial impressions will be from a stock version.

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #981 of 3,872
Linsoul is a high margin store, no wonder they can afford to send free samples for reviewers and maybe even more.
As for me, I'm not a fan of HBB reviews, I'd rather prefer more focused and detailed presentation :-D But with all scepticism I have to admit, that he at least has decent hearing abilities packed with a music taste similar to mine.
My ST7 will arrive tomorrow or the day after, I expect it to be the same inside as current version of EJ07 (Sowe facelate, btw anyone knows why?). Unfotunatelly, the 28core custom made cable I ordered for this iem is still in transit. So the initial impressions will be from a stock version.
awesome. please share your impressions! Even with stock cable they still sound excellent. I'm still slumming it on the stock cable but I have a custom 8-core pure copper 2.5mm cable on the way. What kind of cable did you get (SPC/pure copper/etc)? Don't think I've ever heard of a 28-core... that's nuts!

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #982 of 3,872
What kind of cable did you get (SPC/pure copper/etc)? Don't think I've ever heard of a 28-core
It's SPC. According to a person who made it for me, the wire has 1989 production stamp, Soviet airforce grade 30% silver cable, teflon isolation, (7*0,1mm) each core. He twists 28 cores as 7*4, so every pole in connectors has 7 cores soldered. Don't know how pure the material is, but the Soviets used the best available quality for the aircrafts, I hope it will sound as good as it looks. The item on photo is not mine, I'll have a 4.4mm plug and all silver accessories, but the same 28 cores twisted.

WeChat Image_20191223103926.jpg WeChat Image_20191223103934.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #983 of 3,872
It's SPC. According to a person who made it for me, the wire has 1989 production stamp, Soviet airforce grade 30% silver cable, teflon isolation (7*0,1mm) each core. He twists 28 cores as 7*4, so every pole in connectors has 7 cores soldered. Don't know how pure the material is, but the Soviets used the best available quality for the aircafts, I hope it will sound as good as it looks. The item on photo is not mine, I'll have a 4.4mm plug and all silver accessories, but the same 28 cores twisted.

can you link this ? where to get ?

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #984 of 3,872
It's SPC. According to a person who made it for me, the wire has 1989 production stamp, Soviet airforce grade 30% silver cable, teflon isolation, (7*0,1mm) each core. He twists 28 cores as 7*4, so every pole in connectors has 7 cores soldered. Don't know how pure the material is, but the Soviets used the best available quality for the aircrafts, I hope it will sound as good as it looks. The item on photo is not mine, I'll have a 4.4mm plug and all silver accessories, but the same 28 cores twisted.

Those look like you could suspend a bridge with them!

Dec 23, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #985 of 3,872
Wow that cable looks interesting.. i am still waiting for my new acousti super cable that did not arrive today (f king Christmas is really a pain)
Also they send my kb tri i3 just 2 days ago after 10 days.. nothing.. great. hurray :wink:

but i really need to dig out my tapes again at home. they are an amazing headphone combined with my oculus rift s!

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #987 of 3,872
Alot of folks go for the name brands for cables but the small operation shops in my opinion are were its at. I had a cable similar done by just a guy who does it as a hobby and it was amazing quality stuff, you'll be surprised what quality and prices youll find if you look hard enough.

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #988 of 3,872
I’ve seen that Hawaii bad boys videos on YouTube. At least I think it’s the same guy.
I like his videos for the most part. But he’s a bit full of himself. Actually a lot.
He acts like he’s giving you his honest opinion about IEMs. But in reality he’s just a “pitchman”
Bullshitter. He may be honest sometimes. But I think that’s just coincidental, he is just hyping
What he’s told to hype. That’s it. I take everything he says with a grain of salt.
You should too, in my opinion.
Ps : I would much rather hear what a Non Reviewer thinks of these IEMs. A person that just purchased
These and tried them out. Not someone that does this as a source of income. It’s bordering on conflict
Of interest. Bad scene. Plus I’m 48 years old and I can spot bull 10 miles away.
Younger people are much more trusting and maybe even a bit naive.
In fact, one should use a pound of salt with this guy, not just a grain. He started out as an impartial reviewer, then went down Shill Avenue. And if anyone disagrees or takes issue with him, he starts insulting and even threatening. Zero credibility for me.

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #989 of 3,872
He did gave Blon a very good grade. Better than lots of more expensive iems
you're right. I had him mixed up w/ animus. Animus hated the BL-03 (also saw him mention in discord he hated the EJ07 too... described the sound as muddy, which is a complete joke). Of all "professional" reviewers I have seen here so far I respect his opinion the least. Personal preference of course.
So crin did like the BL-03, though he wasn't a fan of the T800. Sorry for the mix-up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back