Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 20, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #946 of 3,872
Of course, everyone can believe what they want.
But fromt technical point of view, it is completely nonsensical to attribute headphone cables such properties to the influence of sound

Its just as nonsensical to assert that people are NOT correct in what >they themselves hear<

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #947 of 3,872
I must say I'm mostly on the cable == snake oil side.

I know that many iems come with really crappy cables, as in the connectors are so flimsy that sooner or later they are
going to fall off, but I am unable to hear much of a difference between my numerous cables, some of which were not that cheap.

And I certainly have never experienced that a cable swap would "tighten up the bass" or "open up the treble".

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #948 of 3,872
Just got the set of Tapes I ordered on Black Friday. Other gear I have for comparison are Periodic Be's and Meze 99 Classics. All 3 run straight from my S10+. First impression is very good. Might even prefer these over the others, but I haven't a-b-c compared them directly. Damn solid iem for a little over $100 regardless. More to follow.

Linsoul forgot to send the dac I ordered at the same time however. Not so solid.

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #949 of 3,872

I know that many iems come with really crappy cables, as in the connectors are so flimsy that sooner or later they are
going to fall off, but I am unable to hear much of a difference between my numerous cables, some of which were not that cheap.
And I certainly have never experienced that a cable swap would "tighten up the bass" or "open up the treble".

Over the years I have on occasions used a cable that has made a big difference in specific areas BUT then I have tried that same cable with a different IEM and not much change at all.!
I think there are better quality cables out there that can [if you have an experienced ear] and the synergy between the cable and the specific IEM are good can make a difference but in my experience the cables you can find on Aliexpress & Amazon for example, are not that special

I did recently try a £9 16 core copper cable on a £500 IEM that usually had a £75 Single crystal Copper cable which is a lot more expensive and the cheap cable basically killed the sound of the IEM - Going back straight away to the better cable and the difference was mind blowing. It was like with the cheap cable covering the stem with a cloth!!
But TBH that is the only time I have heard such a huge change

Its just one of those topics where until you actually hear for self that a big difference 'can' be had you can only really have an opinion based on....?
You are spot on though about many companies selling audio stuff for a ridiculous amount :)

Dec 20, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #950 of 3,872
Of course, everyone can believe what they want.
But fromt technical point of view, it is completely nonsensical to attribute headphone cables such properties to the influence of sound

I was sceptical about cables, but i have tested them up and down the price range, and also compare them between different thickness/ number of braids.

And yes, there's an audible difference. From what i gather (seeing friends at audio meet), usually when people can't tell the difference are not because they can't hear it, but they just didn't notice it at first, and they didn't notice it because they didn't consider that really slight difference to be important.

With that information, would i still buy expensive cables for sound change?
No, because the difference is minimal enough it can easily corrected with EQ
I would still prioritize cable buying decisions on strength, looks, and connector reliability

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #951 of 3,872
One of the dumbest videos I saw, sorry. And he did rip of the cable off the MMCX socket, when he ripped the shell open.

This is indeed very interesting. Maybe they have a bunch of "USED" ones lying around, where they just put working drivers together from the return units lol

On Amazon.de? Its because the tapes are now "sold and delivered by Amazon" and before its was "sold and delivered by Linsoul". So Amazon manages now all replacements/returns (but 30€ extra is lil but too much.. :/).

Ask amazon to step in.
Not sure about US, but in Europe a seller must either 1)let you keep the item, or 2) provide local return address,or 3) provide you prepaid return label when returning Items bought on amazon marketplace.
Here is my old post about it:
I get mine from amazon.de there was a coupon for -10€ , I get them for 119 euro now , should be delivered today .. let’s see :) normally if I have to return them , it should be handed back to amazon .. not to China .. but I hope I get a good unit :D

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #954 of 3,872
I would say thank you to @DJ Core that suggest me Kinboofi cable.
Sound become faster and more dynamic, also mids are fuller and highs more open and liquid, Bass is very fast and articulate not inaccurate as with stock cable!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.it/ulk/itm/123801764784

I also bought **** 16 core that will arrive next year

Glad you like the sound signature. Completed mine with SpinFit Medium 4mm Nozzle ear tips (https://www.amazon.com/SpinFit-CP100Z-Patented-Silicone-Replacement/dp/B0797N4SDR ) and DMG audiophile filter grilles (https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32962418330.html) for better air balance.No driver issues and my Tape is now perfect.Zero issues for weeks

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #955 of 3,872
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #956 of 3,872
Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #957 of 3,872
I want to change the stock tips to get a better seal and see what I get.

I replaced the white filter on the sonions with gray.
it is a wonderful sound!

HF is not like the armature, they are very natural.

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #958 of 3,872
It's just that there's a bump in that 6-8k region that my ears find a bit fatiguing.

Bro, maybe I'll upset you =), but the sonions has been working since 10k. I specifically tested. You can close the hole sonion and hear 6-8k again

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #959 of 3,872
So far so good with my tapes....no problems just awesome sound. I’m using a new 16 core copper cable I got from NiceHCK for $11ish and I love these things. Right next to my T800s in rotation and I could easily listen to either one all day!
Fantastic year for IEMs!

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #960 of 3,872
I replaced the white filter on the sonions with gray.
it is a wonderful sound!

HF is not like the armature, they are very natural.
thanks for the tip! I actually have some grey filters and a filter remover already on hand, as I have done this mod on one of my other IEMs (T800). Curious how it will affect sound. It should actually increase treble, as the grey filter is lower resistance than the white.
All my test gear unfortunately is back in China & I went back to the States for the holidays, so I will have to wait a couple weeks before I try this. This is a very cheap mod & I encourage other EJ07 owners to try, we can all compare our results :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back