Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 15, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #901 of 3,872
I'm curious about the burn-in. Are you still on the stock cable? I wonder what a nice pure copper cable would do.

if the ST7 is truly a 100% copy of the EJ07, then it's an absolute steal at the current price. Wonder if it's just a sale price to build up some momentum or if it's going to stay where it is. FWIW, I can't even find it on taobao, I can only find it on aliexpress, which is for international customers only. So maybe it's aimed at enticing westerners.
Yeah at this point I'm still using the stock cable.

I do have an Ares ii but as it stands I'm happy enough with the stock one.

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #903 of 3,872
I'm curious about the burn-in. Are you still on the stock cable? I wonder what a nice pure copper cable would do.

if the ST7 is truly a 100% copy of the EJ07, then it's an absolute steal at the current price. Wonder if it's just a sale price to build up some momentum or if it's going to stay where it is. FWIW, I can't even find it on taobao, I can only find it on aliexpress, which is for international customers only. So maybe it's aimed at enticing westerners.

If you thought the accessories were light for the ej07, the st7 is downright hilarious for £400+ earphones - some bad grey silicone tips, some marginally better silicone tips, cheap box and rubbish stock cable! I have tips and cables that went straight onto it, but you'd need to factor in getting those in if you buy it.

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #904 of 3,872
They seem to be the same according to the photos available from peolpe that ordered a DHL delivery. I'm still waiting for mine ST7 to arrive via AE Standard shipping. The complectation of ST7 is very basic and cheap, you know, zip-bags, same yy blue box as for any of their iems. But I don't mind it, I'll better spend some extra on a custom cable.

Don't know if there will be more of such discounts, but I'm pretty sure, the initial plan was to start the hype going by selling the first batch cheaper.

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #906 of 3,872
An interesting point on the treble and the electret drivers.
I have the Roland too and was initially disappointed expecting something "special" from them. Over time however I came to two conclusions 1) they do need burn in time and 2) they do provide incredible detail but not at the expense of "heightening" the treble to give the illusion of detail.

The EJ07 with the extra two electret drivers are, to my mind, close to perfect.

Whats your thoughts on the extra two tweeters on the EJ07? I have the Rolands, and i honestly cant imagine i would want anymore treble. Do they help with detail retrieval? Or do they just up the highs?

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #907 of 3,872
So several days ago we have compared my ST7(EJ07 1st revision) and current EJ07(2nd revision).

I must say that these are two different kind of IEMs and even though I believe people might prefer one over another personally I like my unit more than current one.

My 1st revision has much more air / sounds more open than the current unit.
Mids are also different, hard to compare directly but I prefer my single Sonion unit.
As for bass it seems to be better quality wise on current 2nd revision.

Overall current revision sounds more tamed down in treble and more intimate/thick in it's tuning.
Mine sounds more airy, with a little sparkle and a tad bigger soundstage due to more HF.

Despite all these differencies you may tell that overall signature is somehow similair.

If Badguy is right and Roland has even less High Frequencies than current revision of EJ07 than why does it even exist lol?
They can just take electrostatic tweeter out of Roland and it won't change the sound at all lul.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #908 of 3,872
Whats your thoughts on the extra two tweeters on the EJ07? I have the Rolands, and i honestly cant imagine i would want anymore treble. Do they help with detail retrieval? Or do they just up the highs?
I really like the Roland's too.

The extra two electret seem (to me) to provide more detail and also air to the treble.

Overall I'd have to say the EJ07's are better balanced, but there's something about the sound of the Roland that is SO enjoyable.

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #909 of 3,872
So what cable and tips should I get for my tapes which I will receive for xmas?

Would the tin t3 cable warm up the sterile sound a bit?
Hi, i'm using my Tape with Linum Bax cable and Symbio Peels. Very good results IMHO. The only cons i found in Tape are: 1) they need power for a good sound. 2) they are very sensitive about a correct in-ear positioning.

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #911 of 3,872
I really like the Roland's too.

The extra two electret seem (to me) to provide more detail and also air to the treble.

Overall I'd have to say the EJ07's are better balanced, but there's something about the sound of the Roland that is SO enjoyable.

Apparently the Rolands have very little treble; https://crinacle.com/2019/12/14/cliffnote-fearless-paladin-series-la-hire-roland-lancelot/
Would be great if somebody could graph the Shuoer EJ07s.

Roland.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #912 of 3,872
Dec 16, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #913 of 3,872

Users who are viewing this thread

Back