Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 11, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #421 of 3,872
I know this is more of a shuoer tape thread but has anyone heard the EJ07? Its a dramatic jump in price but uses EST balanced armature and a dynamic driver

got the following info and the above picture from linsoul

SPECIFICATIONS

Technic Features
Electrostatic, DD and BA drivers , 3-way Crossover, 3 Sound Tubes

Drivers
Quad Electrostatic Driver + 10 Dynamic Driver +Knowles Dual Balanced Armature

Sensitivity
104±2 db/ mW @1kHz

Impedance
17±2 ohm

Distortion
≤1%
Plug Type
3.5mm

Cable Length
1.2m / 3.9ft

I've ordered the OEM version today from the banned seller who muct not be named on AliExpress - £442 before coupon discounts (£410 after coupons). They confirmed it's the same as EJ07 (though Shuoer has now moved from Sonion BA to Knowles for the 2 BA). Will let you know what it's like when I get it.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #422 of 3,872
Can anyone compare how these sound compare to FIIO FH7? Kind of curious
I am interested in the same question, went on shopping spree to buy both T4 and Shuoer Tape based on the impression of BGGAR, hope to get them in few weeks, I was planning to save on buying either FH7 or S8F but in the end took the chance to try both for half the price

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #423 of 3,872
TBH, I like Tape more than S8F (this one made me sold the Sony IER M9). I like the details with more bass on Tape. S8F was too forward for my taste, still an amazing iem though.

BTW, "Why so serious?" By Hans Zimmer sounds so trippy on Tape :)

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #424 of 3,872
One solution I have heard for tips that won't stay on, I believe it was from @Slater in another thread, is to put a little bit of hairspray on the nozzle to create better friction. Haven't tried it myself.
That's some 200IQ stuff right there lol

Nov 12, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #425 of 3,872
Alright screw, i have succumbed to the Tapes..

I just received my Radsone ES100 yesterday, and the 10-band EQ really helped me tune it in to my liking.

Also, even tho im not fan of Comply foams, they seemed to make quite an improvement.

For those interested;

-3dB at 4khz is a maximum for me. Less is better for some songs.

Screenshot_20191111_213019_com.radsone.earstudio.jpg

Still gonna hate on Shuoer not tuning it like this from the beginning. Haters gonna hate.

//Marshole

Nov 12, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #426 of 3,872
TBH, I like Tape more than S8F (this one made me sold the Sony IER M9). I like the details with more bass on Tape. S8F was too forward for my taste, still an amazing iem though.

BTW, "Why so serious?" By Hans Zimmer sounds so trippy on Tape :)

Man after reading your comment I am so relieved I didn't go for S8F and bought the Shuoer Tape and Tinhifi T4 for half the price of S8F , I hope Tape are not so sibilant in Treble .

Nov 12, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #427 of 3,872
Man after reading your comment I am so relieved I didn't go for S8F and bought the Shuoer Tape and Tinhifi T4 for half the price of S8F , I hope Tape are not so sibilant in Treble .

Looking forward to hearing your comparison between those two. S8F was also a little big for my ears, Tape is a perfect fit.

I'm gonna try to compare Tape vs the Blon this weekend, see which one I like more and return the other. Regardless, I've been enjoying the Tape more than I expected.

Nov 12, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #428 of 3,872
Looking forward to hearing your comparison between those two. S8F was also a little big for my ears, Tape is a perfect fit.

I'm gonna try to compare Tape vs the Blon this weekend, see which one I like more and return the other. Regardless, I've been enjoying the Tape more than I expected.

This will be an interesting comparison. They are two equally interesting beasts.

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #430 of 3,872
Turns out the Tape is incredibly versatile - Every tip I have tried has given a different sound signature. I also went through some low to high end cables and was surprised at, returning to the stock cable how much high energy it gives compared to others. Surprisingly to myself! despite this, Im still preferring the stock cable ?!
Today I put the Tapes's though high end Desktop amp and WoW! what difference - Its like a whole 'nother step up. They actually started to sound like a full size Elec Headphone, Much more realistic body and more [previously hidden] details
Still trying to find the perfect combo - The last One I tried that seems good thus far is the Final EE tips (thick inner core, small hole)
An intriguing IEM. WHEN it sounds good it sounds really great, Certainly one of the most interesting IEM's Ive enjoyed in a while

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #431 of 3,872
Turns out the Tape is incredibly versatile - Every tip I have tried has given a different sound signature. I also went through some low to high end cables and was surprised at, returning to the stock cable how much high energy it gives compared to others. Surprisingly to myself! despite this, Im still preferring the stock cable ?!
Today I put the Tapes's though high end Desktop amp and WoW! what difference - Its like a whole 'nother step up. They actually started to sound like a full size Elec Headphone, Much more realistic body and more [previously hidden] details
Still trying to find the perfect combo - The last One I tried that seems good thus far is the Final EE tips (thick inner core, small hole)
An intriguing IEM. WHEN it sounds good it sounds really great, Certainly one of the most interesting IEM's Ive enjoyed in a while

Interesting, I have been using them with a Topping DX7 Pro and Symbio tips and have found that vocals sound incredibly lifelike, I have not experienced the hot upper midrange others mention and there is plenty of low end for my tastes. These things have really impressive sound quality, quite a bit ahead of the new Tin Hifi T4

Also regarding QC issues, it would be great if the OP @SciOC could add a poll to see how many have had issues, and how many haven't (like in the Focal Utopia thread).

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #433 of 3,872
Interesting, I have been using them with a Topping DX7 Pro and Symbio tips and have found that vocals sound incredibly lifelike, I have not experienced the hot upper midrange others mention and there is plenty of low end for my tastes. These things have really impressive sound quality, quite a bit ahead of the new Tin Hifi T4

That was what surprised me. Im mainly using DX200 - a powerful DAP in its own right BUT, using Burson Swing Pre-amp the difference and upgrade in the quality of the sound is pretty big. I was surprised and happy!

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #434 of 3,872
Did you get the T4 already? How do they compare?

I do indeed, the T4 are great in their own right and have a similar sort of sound signature to the Tape, however the Tape has more lifelike vocals and better punch in the low end.

I found the T4 to be lacking a little impact down low, kicks during metal don't have enough energy. Both will show up flaws in recordings, but I find the Tape to have better accuracy in the treble, the T4 becomes a little splashy at times.

Also I have tried my custom art silicone tips on the Tape and they fit like a dream, I now have a semi-custom Tape :D definitely one of the better sounding chi-fi IEM's I've heard recently, and to date.

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #435 of 3,872
Received the Shuoer Tape today and I'm really really impressed - while its not 100% the P1 killer some were hoping it to be (the P1 has a slightly more linear tonality imho), the combination of electrostatic and dynamic driver does incredible things. The presentation, precision, clarity and sound-stage are near perfect and the dynamic driver delivers the slam in sub bass the P1 was lacking (don't get me wrong - the P1 has a wonderful sub bass and bass, its just more musical and subtle).

I also owned the oBravo Cupid for a brief time and I'd say that the Tape is far superior - and given the fact it has an incredible isolation, it looks like i'm making it my daily IEM for the time being!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back