Shozy Zero IEMs
Feb 12, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #1,486 of 1,545
Isn't Shenzen a Shozy dealer? This was a sealed box.

Turns out some thing was wrong with the right earbud every time I pushed in the right earbud it would make a krinkle sound, whereas the left side did not.

it is under China's distributorship and when any similar sales happens outside of the authorized region it will not be under official warranty, more precisely it will be under warranty if you ship back to them and they ship back to the factory, that way we will not know it is sold outside of the authorized region. Guess it is the same for all other brands too in these cases. Even for amazon there could be different sellers and whether it is covered by warranty and under what terms all depends

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #1,487 of 1,545
Just ordered a pair from Penon audio. Fingers crossed... I'm at the mercy of HK Post

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #1,488 of 1,545
  Just ordered a pair from Penon audio. Fingers crossed... I'm at the mercy of HK Post

HK post has generally been pretty good in my experience, much, much better than China post on which I've lost my fair share of parcels... I usually receive my Penon shipments in about 2 weeks (HK-Australia), I've never lost anything from HK or Japan though I will go with a more comprehensive option if I'm ordering something expensive of course. Good luck with your shipment, hope it arrives quickly!

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #1,489 of 1,545
  HK post has generally been pretty good in my experience, much, much better than China post on which I've lost my fair share of parcels... I usually receive my Penon shipments in about 2 weeks (HK-Australia), I've never lost anything from HK or Japan though I will go with a more comprehensive option if I'm ordering something expensive of course. Good luck with your shipment, hope it arrives quickly!

Thanks a lot for those words of encouragement. As i already said fingers crossed and this is the 5th parcel from China in transit!! I'm a bundle of nerves 
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,496 of 1,545
Y'all should give more attention to those IEMs 
biggrin.gif

While by brother is clearly no audiophile by any means, he did test Shozy Zero against most gaming headphones he could, just for the kicks. 

He prefered Shozy Zero and described the sound to be way less veiled, clearer, better layered, much better soundstage and spatial placing of instruments, and the bass is much better on Shozy Zero. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,497 of 1,545
  Y'all should give more attention to those IEMs 
biggrin.gif

While by brother is clearly no audiophile by any means, he did test Shozy Zero against most gaming headphones he could, just for the kicks. 

He prefered Shozy Zero and described the sound to be way less veiled, clearer, better layered, much better soundstage and spatial placing of instruments, and the bass is much better on Shozy Zero. 

it is indeed good for gaming, especially when bass texture is the focus which will get you more immersed in the game =D

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,498 of 1,545
Just got these today, the first to arrive of the 4 that I ordered. The Shozy Zero, the Echobox Audio Finder X1, the Meelectronics Pinnacle P1, and the Trinity Audio Atlas. 

I gotta say, these things sound pretty damn good. They're definitely the best earphones I've ever had. They're not like other earphones I've heard which just make the music sound breathless and thin. I'm really surprised at how much punch I hear in mahler's second symphony (flac), there's just so much kick when there needs to be, and a lot of finesse for everything else. It's a very clear, controlled, detailed sound. They also sound great with metal and industrial. I'm listening to Anenzephalia right now (320 kbps mp3), a noise artist. I have a sort of litmus test for all my new audio equipment, where I see if they can make recordings by the old school death metal band timeghoul (320 kbps mp3) sound good. I'm happy to say even though it's a poorly recorded song, it brings out the best in the recording.

This is just my initial impression of having been using them and listening to music for the past couple hours. I think the rosewood is beautiful, it's obvious that they put all the money of these into the sound quality, and just enough to have a very simple, elegant design. There's not many accessories or bells and whistles, which is good. That's one of the reasons I was looking at them in the first place! No frills, except perhaps for the beautiful rosewood which I wouldn't trade for a plastic housing, it really adds to the beauty of the earbuds and their overall quality. 

Looking forward to the other three of my quaternity of the earpocalypse. Off to a wonderful start

bda7b8109cd69e3b0b446534e760a440.png

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #1,500 of 1,545
Add the cardas a8 to the stash and gr07x:sunglasses:

No detachable cables, eh. I only got the shozy zero because it looked elegant and simple and I wanted a good spare, and the echoboxes had that video where they got taped to the los angelos freeway and got run over by cars and still worked. That's why I felt confident in buying those. But the trinity atlas and the meelectronics have the full metal housing and replaceable cables. Durability is one of the most important things for me aside from sound quality when ordering an earbud. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back