Shozy Zero IEMs
Apr 26, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #376 of 1,545
yes ocharakus are rare.
definitely mate.each ocharaku is unique in its own way. Can't wait to get the Zero so I can share my impressions
tongue.gif

Flat 4 Sui reminded me of sipping green tea deep in a rainforest.

I don't have a great analogy for Zero, yet.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #377 of 1,545
Flat 4 Sui reminded me of sipping green tea deep in a rainforest.

I don't have a great analogy for Zero, yet.
this is in sync with how the ocharaku owner owns a tea shop too! Main purpose is to enjoy sound and tea.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #378 of 1,545
All in all, why I brought ocharakus into the discussion is mainly due to the uniqueness of the Shozy Zero with its build wise even though I have yet to try the sound. With rosewood as the material, are they going in the Ocharaku direction or JVC direction. :p

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #379 of 1,545
  A few days ago, someone mentioned that the Zeroes have lots of bass.  But another comment on here said the opposite. 

I like the descriptions I read (warm while still retaining detail).  That was one thing I liked about the Yamaha EPH100s.  I hate piercing treble and sibilance but still like detail. 

If these have a warm signature with tons of bass while retaining detail I am interested.  If they lack bass then I am back to trying to find a legit pair of EPH100s.

I've found the bass on Zero to slightly respond to the source you're using. Cayin N5 has a solid low end with a lot of punch which my first impressions are all based on. Astell & Kern AK10 is closer towards neutral, or at least lacking the output power N5 has which shows a lessened low-end. They don't lack bass in any way, the treble is polite which is ticking your boxes. I have owned EPH-100 twice but again, too vague to give detailed comparisons.

What I can say from memory is you're heading in the right direction.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #382 of 1,545
Can anyone compare these to say the Thinksound TS02 or MS01 which I own? The Shozy's looks just like them and the Thinksounds also have a warm full sound. Just wondering if it's worth it to grab the Shozy's as an upgrade.

Thanks!

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #384 of 1,545
Knowing C3 like the back of my hand I assume the synergy would be very good actually. You'll have the air, lean tonality, clarity and stage of C3 complimenting Zero's thicker sound, would be fine straight from C3 headphone out.

For example, today I have Zero running through Astell & Kern AK10 dac/amp and they sound great, actually better stage width than the Cayin N5.

As a funny story I picked up a used pair of Bose QC20 noise cancelling earphones from a hock shop today, never tried them before, just wanted to hear them. Shozy Zero minces them in performance.

Awesome, I couldn't ask for a better recommendation. I actually owe you a massive thank you, it was your posts that first got me interested in the C3 and it has proved to be one of the best purchases I've ever made - it's a purchase that makes me smile on a daily basis :)

Now, the only decision I still have to weigh up is whether to get these instead of the Easy UEs I've been hearing so much about, or to get them both :D

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #386 of 1,545
Apr 26, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #387 of 1,545
How exactly is that relevant in this thread?
because he mentioned it but wrong in a way so I corrected him. Back to the Shozy Zero. Despite that, I have a strong feeling. Zero is going to be like an Ocharaku. Its good to share stuffs as long as you do not post all irrelevant details should someone bring it up regardless of threads. Should Mochill want to know more, I will PM him. Will post my impressions on the Zero as soon as I get it :p

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #389 of 1,545
Wow, I just got these today and am blown away by how good they sound.

These things are pretty incredible

More impressions to come.

I'm the world of in-ears, these are the types of earphones that makes me wonder why I even dabble in high end stuff. These budget gems are awesomesauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back