Shozy Alien+
Jul 26, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #346 of 539
Mine do not.
I still have the Feb 26 FW and it will not update beyond that.
It will not play flac

Shozy has tried hard to help but I have formatted cards deleted libraries and bought another card but this device is not budging.
"User error"...dumb people....account for 99% of problems on Head-Fi. I know. I help other folks all the time. I did everything I can to fix this, Shozy tried everything and I'm stuck with a unit that is a wav player forever.
Fine, but...I would not have bought it even discounted if that had been the case.
Sounds great
Shozy has been great
This unit is having issues.

What is the procedure you are following to update the firmware? Are you sure the firmware you are using is actually the most recent? If so, perhaps it is corrupt.

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #350 of 539
There are no files or folders on card
FW provided directly by Shozy via FB
Power up holding power and right button until fw screen comes up and then get a read error message

Ok, so I had an issue somewhat like you - I had a May 21 firmware.
During the update I had the same error.

The solution was to update to earlier stable version - May 17 and then proceed to July 1, the version I am currently on.

Have you tried renaming the firmware file? Some people claim it helps, not sure though.

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #351 of 539
On July 1st version I have zero 16bit flac files with playback issues so far.
Maybe I will stumble upon something later, but with 64gb stuffed sd card - so good so far.
Cue is still buggy, but working - the tracks start/end not on time of their actual start - there is 2-10 seconds shift.

Noob question - does using powerbank to charge A+ have negative effects for its accumulator? The bank output is 5v/2a.

Jul 26, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #352 of 539
On July 1st version I have zero 16bit flac files with playback issues so far.
Maybe I will stumble upon something later, but with 64gb stuffed sd card - so good so far.
Cue is still buggy, but working - the tracks start/end not on time of their actual start - there is 2-10 seconds shift.

Noob question - does using powerbank to charge A+ have negative effects for its accumulator? The bank output is 5v/2a.

Sorry for missing this bit but where exactly are you folks getting the firmware updates from?

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #354 of 539
Alien+ latest firmware update is now public :)
Download at the link below!

http://www.shozy-hk.com/downloads/

* rev July2017 firmware enhances the stability, fixes bugs on certain settings and enhances stability. Also brings back flac 16/44.1 support if you install the earlier Jun firmware
** We are still working on the USB Dac Function and make it stable, the update will not be release this soon yet

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #356 of 539

* rev July2017 firmware enhances the stability, fixes bugs on certain settings and enhances stability. Also brings back flac 16/44.1 support if you install the earlier Jun firmware
** We are still working on the USB Dac Function and make it stable, the update will not be release this soon yet

Thank you!

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #358 of 539
IMG_4664.jpg

Hopefully this version works and updates for everyone.

EDiT: I see this has already been posted.

-How does one find out which version firmware the unit is currently running?

Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #359 of 539

FW installed first try
I gotta roll back to June now to get flac?
I'll test it out another day, anyway...the FW updated...yay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back