Shoutout: Next time you visit the Chicago O'Hare/ORD Airport...
Oct 19, 2011 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

schneller

1000+ Head-Fier
Be sure to pay a visit to Javier and Rob working at Inmotion Entertainment near gate B9.

They have a great selection of IEMs and cans, pretty much all of which have demo models for trying out. Javier and Rob were both extremely helpful in helping me audition several phones. They are truly first-class head-fiers.

Rarely do I find such a place to demo such a variety of phones. It's truly worth a longer layover!

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 11
They have pretty much the entire Monster collection. A healthy number of UEs and Klipsch models. They also have Beats. For lower-end models, they have an assortment of models from Creative, Sony, Skull Candy, etc.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 11
This is a great way to kill a little time during a layover. It is a much better selection with the ability to try out different IEMs than you will find in most retail outlets.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #5 of 11
I hear from a friend they also carry westone products?

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 11
They have Westone, and a ton of Shure and Dennon also.  I have been to the one in Chicago, and they have one in the Minneapolis Airport as well.  The prices are up there, but you kind of expect that from an airport retailer.  The customer service is awesome, and they encourage you to try as many phones as you have time to.  I actually bought some x10i's there even at the 329 price, (was desperate and leaving in about 30 mins).   

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 11
Yep, they have Westone as well.

Actually, I should have bought the UE 700s I tried. They were cheaper there than on Amazon.

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #9 of 11
They are at B7 now. Just been there, listsening to Shure 846 and AKG 3003. Very sweet sounds those both. Wish I had the extra cash.
Javiar is very knowledgable, and they gave me as much time as I wanted. Very friendly staff!
Same is true btw for the inmotion at SFO (international terminal BEFORE security, and the new terminal for domestic flights.)

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #10 of 11
Sweet! I'll definitely check this out next time I'm there. Do they still carry Westone Products? From the looks of it, this thread was recently resurrected
happy_face1.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #11 of 11
The don't. But there's another shop on the way to gates E .... Where they had Westones. I didn't listen or asked to, and it by no means seemed to be an 'audiophile' shop.
Inmotion has got some Fiio products as well, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back