Should i replace my Voyager with a Fiio E9
Sep 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

noxa

500+ Head-Fier
I'm currenly running my DT990 250 ohm through my Graham Slee Voyager which i have only had since last week, and on the whole i like it it's certainly a massive improvement over the Total Bithead i had previously. So here is my dilemma, i bought the Voyager on a whim as it was a grat deal but i really don't need my amp to be portable as all my listening is done at home. So the question is should i get rid of the Voyager and get an E9? 

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 4
I would recommend the E9 since it is
1. Cheap
2. More powerful

However, what is your budget if I may ask
The E9 doesn't have digital in/outputs

http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index.aspx?ID=19

Sep 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 4
Well i don't want to spend any money as i have only just bought the Voyager, but i would easily be able to sell the Voyager and buy the E9 instead. I'm only using the amp with my ipod classic through the line out at the moment. The Voyager is praised for it's sound quality but i have'nt heard anything about the sound quality of the E9 just the fact that it has so much power.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 4
Well i don't want to spend any money as i have only just bought the Voyager, but i would easily be able to sell the Voyager and buy the E9 instead. I'm only using the amp with my ipod classic through the line out at the moment. The Voyager is praised for it's sound quality but i have'nt heard anything about the sound quality of the E9 just the fact that it has so much power.

The E9 gives a very neutral presentation to any music you run through it and this may or may not be an issue. As a classical music fan this suits me perfectly and the three DACs I've run through it have certainly shown how good this amp is at presenting the music. What I like is while it's presentation is neutral, it doesn't appear to be cold and the job it does of bringing my 300ohm cans to life is nothing short of miraculous for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back