Should I recable my D2000 if I have the Xonar Essence STX?
Sep 22, 2010 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fallingreason

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

As the title clearly states, I am wondering if I will benefit from recabling my d2000 if I am listening from a Xonar Essence STX.

If you opinion is, "spend that money on a better amp and/or dac," --- I would like to first say that I have switched (downgraded?) from a Headroom Micro Amp/DAC stack to the essence STX for cost and convenience reasons, and I am very happy with my decision.

I know there are many threads and people saying upgrading the cable on the d2000 will make it sound almost as good as the d5000.  I just want to know if I will hear that difference when listening from the STX.  The recable I am looking to have done will cost about $130. 

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 5
Short answer - no.
Long answer - nobody has been able to demonstrate that they can reliably distinguish cables on the basis of hearing alone (when they do not see or know what cables they are using).  I'd sell the D2000 and spend that money on upgrading to a D5000, or another headphone altogether.

This line of reasoning actually can't be discussed further here, but you could ask this question or read relevant threads in the science forum.

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Are there less expensive, quality recables?

Depends. Are you getting them professionally done or are you DIYing? FWIR, the stock cable is crap so almost any reputable wire company will be an improvement. Can be as cheap as mogami or as expensive as jena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back