Should i buy the Razer Orca headphones?
Feb 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

I've had my Deathadder for right around 4 years now and have had no problems.

You seem quite biased, friend.

I've mentioned in the keyboard-fi thread that the DeathAdder was/is the only product Razer ever made that I would rate as excellent.

I've had, to date:
- DeathAdder (lasted 2 years)
- Lachesis (3 of them in a year -- lasted about 2-3 months each -- my brother bought one the same day I did, and that crapped out in a month)
- Naga (lasted 4 months, died in the middle of a top tier arena match)
- Naga Hex (lasted 6 months)

Note that I treated these mice like babies due to how expensive they were.

Compare that to my:
- Logitech MX310 (lasted for 8 years)
- Logitech MX518 (still going strong after 4 years)
- G9x just because I got bored of the MX518, despite not needing to replace it

The MX310 got me through my rage-filled teenage competitive CS1.6 years where I liked to throw it at the wall and down at the table during tournaments during bad plays.

I've also heard good things about SteelSeries and I used to really like Cytek Cyborg stuff for their joysticks.

I had a BlackWidow Ultimate, which had nothing inherently wrong with it aside from feeling pretty cheap, which I traded in for a Corsair K90, which was way better build quality for a lower price.

Do I even have to tell you how many better headphones and headsets are out there that are way better than Razer for the price?

Anyway, let's not derail. If you want to talk about their mice and keyboards with me:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/558766/mouse-fi/450

http://www.head-fi.org/t/484377/keyboard-fi/1050

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #33 of 43
Lol @ people saying anything by Razer is top notch. Name me one of their products and I'll name something way better from a rival company that won't fall apart in a month.

Got a good product:

Razer Headphones: Kids misleaded.

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #35 of 43
The drivers are ****? Ok, go tell that to the numerous other on headfi that said they know for a fact that the Orcas use the same drivers as 555/595.

Uh, I think he meant software drivers, you know, the one to make a hardware work with you computer.

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #36 of 43
I wouldn't. I'd buy the V-MODA M100 and buy a BoomPro mic.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #37 of 43
I've had a copperhead, deathadder, naga, imperator and blackwidow, and the build quality is sketchy at best, the keyboards are particularly expensive for what you get.

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #39 of 43
There's a lot of anger in this thread.

I own the Tiamat 7.1 and I'm very happy with it. The build quality is superb, the whole thing is packaged and made like a premium product. The sound quality is good for its intended purpose: true surround sound in a closed headphone. All 10 drivers are clear, the bass drivers are powerful, the controller module lets you tweak the volume of each channel. For playing games and watching movies it is an excellent product and I would recommend it, certainly other surround sound headphones are either simulated surround sound or just plain rubbish. It's also very comfortable, the microphone is competent and it looks nice enough. However its design renders it useless for music.

My point is that I think Razer is a company that makes quality products, but consider their target audience and don't expect equipment made with an audiophile in mind.

Jan 6, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #40 of 43
razer is terrible for audio DO NOT get it. I am though, a fan of razer mouse and mouse pads.
I listened to the TIamat, kraken, and other razer audio stuff, they're too bass heavy and sound too boxed-in. They're not at all good for gaming.
Razer deathadder 2013 edition is pretty beast though

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #41 of 43
I liked my Carcharias until they broke.
That seems to be a running theme with Razer in general though...

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #42 of 43
Mine and my brothers orcas still going strong for over 3 years now. Great backup to my ad700s. Still the best $50 I've ever spent on a quality sounding open headphone for gaming and music.

Jul 12, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #43 of 43
Mine and my brothers orcas still going strong for over 3 years now. Great backup to my ad700s. Still the best $50 I've ever spent on a quality sounding open headphone for gaming and music.

Reviving old, long-buried threads? I request a lockdown of this thread before someone else comes to keep it bumped up to the front page.

I think Razer is an okay company. They know how to make their schiit look good, but I haven't tested quality since I never owned one of their peripherals. I love the BlackWidow TE, though. I really hope there's some alternative to that thing...

Audio-wise they are love it or hate it. If you're a basshead, they're tolerable, but if you're not, then stay away. The Orcas are horrible IMO, and feel cheap and flimsy. I've had the Kraken Pro for over half a year now, and they still look like new. They may sound horrible compared to, say, the Siberia V2, but they're okay. I would love to try out their Adaro series and see if they've done anything to improve their sound like Beats is doing atm.

Anyway, Razer and Beats are taboo brands around here since they're blatantly overpriced and obnoxious. It's no wonder no one likes to talk about either brand on even a dedicated Beats thread (all of the popular ones were locked down). So like I said, lock this thread down before someone else speaks up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back