Should i buy the Razer Orca headphones?
Apr 29, 2011 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

ytisawfulnow

100+ Head-Fier
I've wanted to delete this thread but head-fi doesn't have that option
mad.gif

But yeah, NOT buying the Razer orca's was a good decision, i listened to them once at school and... damn.

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #6 of 43
Honestly I don't like AT, they make good mics but even the W-5000 made me angry that they sell them for that price, I suggest you test them against things like the HFI-580*i got over the M50 after a side by side* but it's all about preference.
and yea Razor makes crap products and any headphone not made by a legitimate Audio company*MONSTER BE DAMNED* is usually crap and just for looks.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #8 of 43
WOW, you kids are so dumb. I thought people on "head fi" were suppose to know about headphones and not be biased morons? Guess not

I've owned the AD700s and the Orcas for over a year and I can tell you first hand that the Orcas are a great pait of headphones even compared to the AD700s. The Sound quality is great. Perfect amount of bass without muddling out the clarity. I've always said, they're basically like AD700s with bass. The sound stage is big but not quite as bid ad the AD700s and the clarity is a little under the AD700s, but then again it packs more bass than the AD700s.

For you morons that think "Orcas suck because Razer is a gaming company" GTFO. You obviously never tried them so don't ASSume like idiots before trying something.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #9 of 43
it depends on which one you prefer. the M50s do sound better but it's not going to be twice as good as the orcas. as for razor products being crap, i'd like to dismiss that notion. their keyboards are definitely top tier for gaming but as their headphones go. they sound like a $30 pair of headphones with a razor markup price.

if you're okay with firing off $120 on a pair of headphones without losing any sleep, by any means. go for it. if you're at a money constraint i wouldn't consider buying the M50s. the M50s are only better by like 30%

music is music. if you can enjoy your music on a $20 pair of headphones nobody should have a right to tell you otherwise.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #10 of 43
Quote:
WOW, you kids are so dumb. I thought people on "head fi" were suppose to know about headphones and not be biased morons? Guess not

I've owned the AD700s and the Orcas for over a year and I can tell you first hand that the Orcas are a great pait of headphones even compared to the AD700s. The Sound quality is great. Perfect amount of bass without muddling out the clarity. I've always said, they're basically like AD700s with bass. The sound stage is big but not quite as bid ad the AD700s and the clarity is a little under the AD700s, but then again it packs more bass than the AD700s.

For you morons that think "Orcas suck because Razer is a gaming company" GTFO. You obviously never tried them so don't ASSume like idiots before trying something.

So you've tried the M50?

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #11 of 43

Quote:

Dat feel when my cousin brings over her Razor Orcas, I listen to them and they are just terrible. Dat feel when I show her my XB700's, Dat feel when she wants them.

Sep 22, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #12 of 43

Quote:

Heya,

I actually really like your message here, in terms of it's meaning, being to not knock a headphone until you've listened to it regardless of name/source. That's a good message.

But telling people they're kids, dumb and idiots. Well. Let's just say you're going to go far with that...

Very best,

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #13 of 43
Razer products are generally awesome. I have their mousepad, a DeathAdder and a Mamba. All have served me well and long.

But their headphones... *poker face*

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #14 of 43
I think it's a fair assertion that headphones created for gamers are not likely to reach the same standards as those created for audiophiles, but as with any generalisation the assertion doesn't necessarily hold weight... Razer products I don't like, though. I used various Razer mice for years and years and they have seemed to get progressively poorer in terms of build quality and reliability (now using a Steelseries Xai).

Can't speak for these headphones, but I don't rate Razer as a brand and would always go for AT over them for audio products. :)

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #15 of 43
Quote:
Heya,

I actually really like your message here, in terms of it's meaning, being to not knock a headphone until you've listened to it regardless of name/source. That's a good message.

But telling people they're kids, dumb and idiots. Well. Let's just say you're going to go far with that...

Very best,

Lol, never did see that you replied to my comment over a year ago. Sorry, I just don't like these people who talk **** about Razer Orcas when its obvious they never used them. That goes for any other gaming headphone or other low/no name branded head phones. I've read your review on the mono price headphones that cost $25. It was a good review and I'm curious about them now lol.

Since this thread though, I've bought the M50s, and I can say once again, the Orcas hold up against the M50s quality wise. They jus both have different sound signatures, especially since one is open and one is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back