Should I buy GR07 or GR01 if I listen to MP3 192Khz in my Iphone?
Jul 6, 2012 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

oriventura

New Head-Fier
I'm not such an audiophile, I mostly listen to music in my Iphone, in 192Khz mp3 files.

In that case, should I buy an expensive IEM like GR07 or the GR02 will do?

Ori

Jul 6, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 8
I don't think MP3 supports 192kHz bandwidth. Also in your title, you say GR01, but in your message, GR02.

Jul 6, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 8
Why don't you just rip your music to 320kbps?  I'm guessing limited space. GRO7 are fussy and really show bad bitrates, If a tracks badly recorded you'll be sure to know about it. In saying that though, they can be forgiving to a point, I believe you'll still benefit from the upgrade slightly, you'll just be missing out on what everyone else usually hears though. Imagine it like only hearing 50% of their potential.

if it's your sources space that's holding you back you may look into one of the Sansa Players which get a great rep here. Such as the Clip+ for $30, plus a 32GB SD card, you can have a 34GB player on top with excellent SQ for not much at all.

Jul 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #8 of 8
When you start journeying into high-end audio, most phones, if not all, will show if you play a low bitrate file.

It just means that the quality of the driver becomes apparent once you pass a certain mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back