Shoestring budget Headphones (around $30)
May 4, 2011 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lucascgc

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new here, so I don't know if I'm doing that right...

OK. I'm just starting to get into buying music gear, but I have the budget of a poor Brazilian college student, so I don't have much money lying around. I'm looking for a really cheap headphone, and so far my choice is a JVC HARX700 ($34). Can I find anything better costing this much? I gonna use it on my computer, but my sound card is on-board.

Also, a friend of mine dared me to find the best headphone she could get for less than ($30). What you guys think?

And I know this is the full-size forum, but I just brought a MEElectronics M9 ($20) to use with my cellphone, and I would like to know if that was a good purchase. I mostly listen to alt. rock, indie, lo-fi, etc.

Let me know if I broke any rule =)

May 4, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 4
Welcome to head-fi!

I think the RX700's are good for the price. They sound like +$100 headphones when modded. Pretty easy to drive.
I cant comment on the M9's. 

May 4, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 4

Thanks, and sorry for the new thread I opened, I saw the buying guidance thread later.
Well, I probably gonna buy a RX700 for me then. I was just a little off because I don't know how to relate best headphone to music taste and etc.

I still need to find a headphone under $30 to my friend, there's any comprehensive comparison here? I found the iem one, but not any for headphones. Another problem is shipping. I paid $7 for the M9 shipping, and I'm yet to find a dealer with a good shipping price for Brazil.

May 5, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #4 of 4
Read up joker's portable headphone (not IEM) mega thread.
Edit: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/

Quote:

Thanks, and sorry for the new thread I opened, I saw the buying guidance thread later.
Well, I probably gonna buy a RX700 for me then. I was just a little off because I don't know how to relate best headphone to music taste and etc.

I still need to find a headphone under $30 to my friend, there's any comprehensive comparison here? I found the iem one, but not any for headphones. Another problem is shipping. I paid $7 for the M9 shipping, and I'm yet to find a dealer with a good shipping price for Brazil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back