SHE3590 vs 3580?
Jul 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
I called my local CVS to pick up some of these hyped up Philip SHE 3580's, but they seem to only have the 3590s.

I love a local audio outlet that will take yer call, and tell you what cans are in stock.

I prolly woulda jest asked the on-site audio pro for their opinion.

Of course they are better, 90 is 10 better than 80.

Keep us posted on how they sound.

Thanks, Jim

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
I love a local audio outlet that will take yer call, and tell you what cans are in stock.

I prolly woulda jest asked the on-site audio pro for their opinion.

Of course they are better, 90 is 10 better than 80.

Keep us posted on how they sound.

Thanks, Jim

Ugh....

Any REAL input?

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 9
Dude, It's a 10 dollar set of cans.

If you don't like em, take em back.

Just make sure you burn em in a little before you decide.

Jim

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
I called my local CVS to pick up some of these hyped up Philip SHE 3580's, but they seem to only have the 3590s.

Are these the same? Same drivers? Etc?

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHE3590BK-10-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B007TRUTZS

Hi mate,

Um....I"m pretty sure the SHE3580 has been discontinued. I think anything in the "35" Series has the same driver.

Joe Blogs a member here knows which is which and  few others. Just sit tight and they will respond.

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 9
If it helps any, I've seen the 3580 and 3590 in the flesh and they look identical, with identical housings and eartips, apart from very slight changes in color schemes.

Someone wrote Philips and they said the 3570 (generation previous to the 3580, again with different housing colours, but what looked to be different tip material) and 3580 are the same earphones, but I haven't heard the 3570 myself to confirm.

If the 3570 is the same as the 3580 there's a good chance the 3590 is the same as the 3580 too.

On the other hand, I bought the SHH3580, which is a mic'd version of the 3580.  You'd think they would sound exactly the same but they don't.  The SHH3580 has a less V-shaped response which may actually be better for un-EQed use, although it may not be the best for bass lovers.

I also bought the new SHE3680, hoping they would sound the same as the 3580, and with the better build, bundled headphone case and chin slider.  But I could immediately tell a difference between them.  Not that either is better or worse, they're just different.  Again the 3580 has the more V-shaped sound of the two.  I guess Philips may be moving towards a more neutral signature although the 3580 is only considered mildly V-shaped among budget phones.

But even if the 3590 are different from the 3580, I'm sure they will also be very capable earphones.  Haven't got a dud from Philips yet.  The only reason I'm stocking up on SHE3580s is because I've stuff my mobile phone full of tunes pre-EQed for the SHE3580 on the computer (since I'm not satisfied with any EQ I can find on the phone) so I'd need another pair of phones that sound exactly like the 3580 the day my current pair dies, it's that or re-encode all my tunes for a new pair of phones.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 9
I have both and they sounded practically identical when I compared them. My 3580 might been a little bit smoother but they have had much use where the 3590 was brand new. The difference was anyway so small that it could been due to imagination.

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #8 of 9
They sound the same to me. I have the black SHE3590 and the blue SHE3582 (same model/box as the 3580).

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #9 of 9
Do they have a headset version?

How do they compare to the JVC HA-FX40 and the Panasonic RP-HJE355?

Any other worthy contender from Philips in any price range? Esp. with a headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back