Shaving, gents
Nov 29, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #212 of 943
I'd like to purchase a shavemac as well, but for some reason all of sudden I can't afford one....since finding this place
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #214 of 943
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
theres no point getting a nice soft silvertip for shaving soap,

Are you talking by experience?
I find there to be a big difference between a $50-75 best badger brush (no silvertip) and my current Simpson Chubby 2 Super (which is a $250 Silvertip one) with soap. It lather up much faster, and I end up with a much smoother apply to the face.

Nov 29, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #215 of 943
I also notice a big improvement with heat retention. The middle of my Rooney's finest has a heat pocket that is marvelous, one that I did not experience with my standard badger brushes. And the comfort!

Some think silvertip brushes are only for cream because they are softer but I think the length of the bristles has more to do with it's application towards soap or cream, not the quality of the bristles.

Nov 30, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #217 of 943
Quote:

Originally Posted by darckhart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
psh i take the straight razor into the shower with me and go to work. plenty of steam, water, and no work up involved!

Ack!
eek.gif
careful not to drop that straight razor!

Nov 30, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #219 of 943
Quote:

Originally Posted by martook /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I thought dropping the soap was bad enough...
biggrin.gif

ROFL

Nov 30, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #220 of 943
Ordered a Gillette slant today and a Simpson "Major" travel brush (super). I always enjoy shaving better on the road because no little children running between my legs so why not get the best travel brush money can buy?

major.jpg

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #221 of 943
I use 2 bladed disposable razors with the grain. I once tried shaving using baking soda instead of shaving cream and it left my face sore for days. Supposedly its good for oily skin as baking soda soaks up most of the oil. I go though 1 disposable a week on average.

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #223 of 943
I use King of Shaves non-menthol shave gel, some of their shaving oil (applied about a minute before I apply the shave gel), and a Shick Quattro. I used a Mach 3 for a while and liked that, but switched to the Quattro.

I also occasionally use Braun shave "foam" with aloe. Don't quite like it as much as the KoS gel because it lathers up a lot and makes it hard to trim the goatee.

I also normally knock down stubble with a buzzer, then shave. I have facial hair like steel wire, and I can't use a razor blade past 3, or the max of 4 times before I start getting razor burn and ragged shaves.

Aug 25, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #224 of 943
I got the crabtree & evelyn naturals mens shaving cream. oh boy it is good stuff!

Need to use a little bit and it works wonders, fantastic lubrication, cools the skin and smells great!

BTW I don't use a shaving brush as its too much hassle for me, but this cream works fine if you just lather it up with your fingers.

Aug 25, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #225 of 943
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use King of Shaves non-menthol shave gel, some of their shaving oil (applied about a minute before I apply the shave gel), and a Shick Quattro. I used a Mach 3 for a while and liked that, but switched to the Quattro.

I also occasionally use Braun shave "foam" with aloe. Don't quite like it as much as the KoS gel because it lathers up a lot and makes it hard to trim the goatee.

I also normally knock down stubble with a buzzer, then shave. I have facial hair like steel wire, and I can't use a razor blade past 3, or the max of 4 times before I start getting razor burn and ragged shaves.

BIG X2 on the shaving oil. Dragging the razor removes the shave cream and a layer of natural oil from your skin. This results in scraping, burning, or cuts if you drag the razor across the same patch of skin twice. Oil up first and you will get a much better shave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back